Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

they're still working on the game, this just sounds like people who don't know how development works were mad that somebody wasn't turning the "make game" wheel at every waking moment.

which is kind of gross to see them get their way

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    they're still working on the game, this just sounds like people who don't know how development works were mad that somebody wasn't turning the "make game" wheel at every waking moment.

which is kind of gross to see them get their way
    Wow, are they serious? This sounds like some cartoon rant, i thought the fact that Sakai showed up during streams was rather reassuring since it meant the dev team was actually there and listening, now what's left, guests and the hype girl with the high pitched voice?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    It's actually the most named reason, at least on forums, and with a comment from the then Lead Systems Designer, Ghostcrawler: "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. "

Under that are the reasons (in no order):
    - I don't know who Deathwing is, but I knew who Arthas was.
    - Too little new content (only 5 new zones, compared to the previous expansions of 7 and 8 ).
    - Storyline is not cohesive
    - 10man raiding sharing lockout with 25man raiding
    - Old world changed, it destroyed the world as I knew it
    - Uldum (desert zone with ancient ruins and such) is just a giant Indiana Jones ripoff/meme factory
    - Vashjir (underwater zone with 3D movement) is hard to navigate
    Well in the forums that might be the case but don't you need an active subscription to be even able to use these forums? In other words people who say that haven't left the game. Outside of the forums almost nobody complains about the game being too hard back then. Iirc correctly Total Biscuit was super pissed that when Cataclysm hit live they reduced the difficulty tremendously, Since he was covering a lot of the test server and was really liking the challenging aspect. In Jontrons Blizzard Rant Video not once had he mentioned the game becoming too hard (a video that was about Blizzard DMCA'ing Nostalrius, a vanilla server). And I could name you a few other videos where WoW content creators point fingers at the overall lackluster quality of the expansion, Cut content like the path of titans feature and raids for why so many people left since cataclysm and not the high difficulty of the content.

The talk about the casuals reminded me of an old rant about WoW from the streamer Sodapoppin.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    Yet again, blame the casuals. You have both Eng & JP players who complain about grinding for hours on end for drop only gear and want a Collection File version of drops just so they can get what they want then say theres nothing to do in the game. Lose interest and stop playing because said gear was so readily available. Now I'm all for drop only gear thats GOOD and worth the hunt but hell, people are going to complain no matter what. Huge example is Demonia but im not running on a tangent about that series.

You have Austere NT coming out, here are the following results you'll see here, your team, discord:

- I can't get Austere NT because Sega made it impossible to get, screw these guys
    - I didn't farm the boosted UQs knowing fully well Sega did this to prep all of use on the inevitable Austere NT release
    - I ran one hour a day of UQ boost and dropped the game because muh RNG
    - I just came back to the game and I can't get said gear, once again Sega screwing over the "average" player
    - I ran for at least 5-8hrs+ a day and unfortunately RNG just wasn't on my side during these boosts weeks (the only real valid reason here)
    - I for whatever reason didn't and can't farm for Invade NT weapons to make Austere NT even though I'm on a team or too lazy to get good and just farm the solo version of the XQ
    Yet the real problem about PSO2 is, it is about 100% RNG. If you got no luck, you are screwed, average player or not. The boosted UQs gave me enough Ares-NT to grab quite a few Austere-NT, but then there is Slave and Nemesis NT. I got a few of these too, but never enough to get any weapon to +35, let alone the weapon type I would have needed for the Austere-NT trade (Rod). For all the drops I got, I never saw a single Slave or Nemesis Rod (and me playing Force, mind you). So basically the game threw all kinds of different weapon types at me, but not the same weapon type to get over the "+35 problem" (which is stupid anyway - probably the most stupid thing of the past 1 or 2 years).

So while I'd say there is some truth in what you say, I can't deny that a lack of luck in the RNG-heavy PSO2 can make things rather difficult for people.

On topic though, I hope that they continue to work on PSO2 and make more improvements and that this doesn't mean the beginning of the end of this game. We still got a few years if their
    time schedule is still accurate.

Main Characters:
    Karen Erra FI/ET 95 • Myuria PH 95 • Lady Harken BR/ET 95
    Raya GU/ET 95 • Anyusha Iljin LU 95 • 鈴来アイカ SU/PH 95
    ディスコルディア・「χ」ET 95 • Melody HR 95 • and more

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Erra View Post
    Yet the real problem about PSO2 is, it is about 100% RNG. If you got no luck, you are screwed, average player or not. The boosted UQs gave me enough Ares-NT to grab quite a few Austere-NT, but then there is Slave and Nemesis NT. I got a few of these too, but never enough to get any weapon to +35, let alone the weapon type I would have needed for the Austere-NT trade (Rod). For all the drops I got, I never saw a single Slave or Nemesis Rod (and me playing Force, mind you). So basically the game threw all kinds of different weapon types at me, but not the same weapon type to get over the "+35 problem" (which is stupid anyway - probably the most stupid thing of the past 1 or 2 years).

So while I'd say there is some truth in what you say, I can't deny that a lack of luck in the RNG-heavy PSO2 can make things rather difficult for people.

On topic though, I hope that they continue to work on PSO2 and make more improvements and that this doesn't mean the beginning of the end of this game. We still got a few years if their
    time schedule is still accurate.
    did you not farm these the first time nem/slave NT came out? trying to get them during the Ares NT release was basically needle in a ocean of hay at that point. I farmed when they first released and got the remainder through stones during the Ares NT boost weeks so im not nearly on a struggle like most people

and CFs remedy the RNG to an extent, while they may not be op weapons because of how easy they are to get (thank god its this way since people would just the op gear too fast then stop playing), the drop only weapons will usually be the best and genuinely for good reason
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Nov 24, 2018 at 06:53 PM.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

I got exactly enough to make 2 austere NT weapons, but I know many people who have put in 10x the amount of time I have and can't even make one austere NT or lumiare weapon

that's what we mean by us having an RNG problem

My luck is very mixed, I get tons of drops, but rarely ever what I need. But one time I got a Bode leg in my first grind for it. I prefer it that way though, makes it so much more special finally getting it.
    Seems accurate. This is the new one.
    v2.567486457.968

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    I got exactly enough to make 2 austere NT weapons, but I know many people who have put in 10x the amount of time I have and can't even make one austere NT or lumiare weapon

that's what we mean by us having an RNG problem
    yes im well aware of that but you also had an alternative trade route too, +35 but not max element that still exists. even if you could have only managed one, you could have saved for one Austere NT at least THATS IF you actually put in the time (i keep saying this to the people who just farmed the very bare minimal and thats it, not the people who farmed for way more hours but just bad RNG)

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    - I ran for at least 5-8hrs+ a day and unfortunately RNG just wasn't on my side during these boosts weeks (the only real valid reason here)
    I'll go cry myself to sleep again.