Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

they start working on pso3 full time "Wink wink"

Quote Originally Posted by oratank View Post
    my assumptions were the same or that they were leaving to work on another project of sorts. i also thought "well Ep6 is going to not be so great, better jump ship while we can"

-Plans to start working on PSO3 (if they arent already) since 4yrs left of the game
    -Ep5 ending so bad its not worth showing up for the backlash
    -Sakai/Kimura can concentrate on the game without having to worry about working on stream content etc

Quote Originally Posted by oratank View Post
    Haha, try number 3 because I'm bad at not ranting. I hope this isn't the case, they need to prioritize making less accessible content for this game. It's way too pandering, the entire game is just grinding out not rare drops and currencies so you can buy the good gear. Everyone shouldn't be able to have everything if they try to get it, it defeats the purpose of there even being a rarity system if nothing is actually rare, just expensive. They need to add things I don't ever expect to get.

Edit: Saffran that's my point, actual players want sick loot and crazy challenges to strive for, shareholders want money. They would make a massive amount more money just off of the Scape Dolls and slightly higher RDR boosts if they made this game more focused on the hardcore gamers, than the no lifers and casuals. A majority of the player base either plays only this because they like Phantasy Star, or sits on this and doesn't play to look pretty. So many more people would be playing this if they knew of insanely hard bosses to fight and crazy rare drops. How they handle the content makes it seem pointless and extremely unappealing to anyone already playing a dozen other games with everything this has to offer. (Other than the great customization, never seen that matched.)
    Last edited by BloodPuddles; Nov 24, 2018 at 08:19 AM.
    Seems accurate. This is the new one.
    v2.567486457.968

Quote Originally Posted by BloodPuddles View Post
    Haha, try number 3 because I'm bad at not ranting. I hope this isn't the case, they need to prioritize making less accessible content for this game. It's way too pandering, the entire game is just grinding out not rare drops and currencies so you can buy the good gear. Everyone shouldn't be able to have everything if they try to get it, it defeats the purpose of there even being a rarity system if nothing is actually rare, just expensive. They need to add things I don't ever expect to get.
    I disagree

What a player wants out of a game and waht a shareholder wants out of a game are not the same.
    Otherwise we wouldn't have smartphone games.
    As far as Sakai and Kimura are concerned, this sounds like a move from the higher ups because of the memes hat are created everytime they do something on stream. But of course, with the recent comment and the backlash, the situation really got out of hand.
    It kinda proves Sakai was right though. Most vocal players really are entitled whiney bitches.
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

Quote Originally Posted by Saffran View Post
    It kinda proves Sakai was right though. Most vocal players really are entitled whiney bitches.
    That's not what Sakai said but okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffran View Post
    Most vocal players really are entitled whiney bitches.
    Nooo, people are entitled when it comes to spending money and time?! /sarcasm

This is something people tend to forget, just because someone likes a game doesn't mean the company is entitled to their money. If they want the money then they have to do what the customer wants. It's a companies job to figure out how to get a majority of what people want at the cheapest cost. When a company says their costumers are entitled means they are failing to do so and are too stupid or don't want to spend what it takes to give the costumer what they want. Players are customers and no customers means no business, no business means no money, no money ... I'm sure you can figure that out. Sega was showing they weren't listening for months, and people are surprised the playerbase lashed out? It's Sega's fault for not listening in the first place.

It's one thing to not appear on the streams anymore, but to terminate the blog too? I feel SEGA might have forgotten that the blog is the Phantasy Star Series Official Blog.
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Quote Originally Posted by otakun View Post
    Nooo, people are entitled when it comes to spending money and time?! /sarcasm

This is something people tend to forget, just because someone likes a game doesn't mean the company is entitled to their money. If they want the money then they have to do what the customer wants. It's a companies job to figure out how to get a majority of what people want at the cheapest cost. When a company says their costumers are entitled means they are failing to do so and are too stupid or don't want to spend what it takes to give the costumer what they want. Players are customers and no customers means no business, no business means no money, no money ... I'm sure you can figure that out. Sega was showing they weren't listening for months, and people are surprised the playerbase lashed out? It's Sega's fault for not listening in the first place.
    People are kind of mixing tons of things tho. What happened was not nearly as bad of a thing
    > EP5 had the huge backlash in Hero
    > PSO crew starts ACTUALLY listening for once, by releasing surveys and trying to fix the mess
    > this goes on for a little while, then in a live event, Sakai accidentally said that they couldn't advance their schedule because there were too many complaints that needed to be addressed

The exact statement was nowhere near as bad as "PSO2 playerbase is a bunch of entitled whiney bitches". More like a badly formulated answer that caused him to apologize. It's the reason why the thing didn't make tremendous waves. It's not a defense on some of SEGA's practices when it comes to PSO2, mind you, just setting some facts straight.

Which is also why I wondered about the reason behind such a big reaction, was wondering if something happened on top of Kimura meme and that blunder to warrant them or the higher-ups making that decision. Oh well guess it'll remain a mystery
    Last edited by Zephyrion; Nov 24, 2018 at 09:52 AM.

Makes me wonder what was happening behind the scenes of Ep5 before its release. They must've known that Hero is way better in power and mobility than others and that a single mode with a single map can't last.