Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I don't think PSO2 in neccecerily in trouble but this may cause them to severely redesign their monetization system. And yes if I could spend 200 AC and get the Item I want I'd be more willing to spend AC. I don't even want to put my money where my mouth is I already spent hundrets of € on League of Legends back when it was still a fun game.

SEGA will get its money either way, but the problem is the player shop economy. If the scratches produce no by-products, then stock is reduced greatly, which means prices will skyrocket.

Can't they get away with using only Star Gems from now on, and make it so that "You don't spend money on boxes, you just buy in-game currency, which can also be attained by playing!"?
    Last edited by Shoterxx; Nov 29, 2018 at 07:36 AM.
    Do you have ANY bug in PSO2? Are you creating yet another thread about how you can't take screenshots, your game crashes, or textures are missing AGAIN? Do you NOT search the forum before asking? Then the L.A.W. FIX is for YOU!

It's EASY! Just go: Tweaker -> [!] button -> Other tasks -> Enable Large Address Aware, and you're DONE! Just remember to do it EVERY UPDATE!

Well let's keep this on track though, regardless of what happens and how wide the ripple effect of this would be, the legal talk and investigations will be very long and thorough, barring a huge scandal or whatever. By the time a law happens and bans lootboxes (provided they even decide to actually ban them or resort to less extreme methods, like fining the most abusive examples of lootboxes) a few years will likely have passed by, and PSO2 will be nearing the end of its lifespan anyway. I can only see affect whatever plan SEGA might or might not have for the franchise in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoterxx View Post
    SEGA will get its money either way, but the problem is the player shop economy. If the scratches produce no by-products, then stock is reduced greatly, which means prices will skyrocket.

Can't they get away with using only Star Gems from now on, and make it so that "You don't spend money on boxes, you just buy in-game currency, which can also be attained by playing!"?
    This whole lootbox investigation was literally put into motion by SW Battlefront 2, before they changed it the Pay to Win Lootbox system was exactly as you described so no, it won't fix anything at all.

Someone could argue that you dont WIN anything in the AC scratch anyway so you're not really gambiling at all _!!_
    also AC has the same arguement as the SG scratch, you buy AC to buy scratch tickets. I dont know how Battlefront use to do it (direct cash to loot or what) but that could fly either way.

I still doubt it'll do anything to PSO2/Sega atm considering if any government intervention happens HERE it wont make a dent of a difference there.

"It looks cool this way, let's stop."

Quote Originally Posted by Sayara View Post
    I still doubt it'll do anything to PSO2/Sega atm considering if any government intervention happens HERE it wont make a dent of a difference there.
    True but as Importer already pointed out, Japan is already in favor of regulating Lootboxes and if you're European you know very well that whatever happens in USA, especially in gaming, does have a huge ripple effect on the market. Square Enix removed Mobius Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts Union X and Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia from Belgium. And Pokemon Duel was removed from the Netherlands, because of a discussion that was started in America over a Star Wars game from last year.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    This whole lootbox investigation was literally put into motion by SW Battlefront 2, before they changed it the Pay to Win Lootbox system was exactly as you described so no, it won't fix anything at all.
    SW battlefront 2 its the only real sinner here because , the whole in game progress depends completely of loot boxes , unlike any other game like COD for example, almost everything its just cosmetic , even with the release of new weapons doesnt impact much the game , you can still play and give fight without the new weapons

and sega doesnt get nearly close to the mentioned games .

i believe sega will just sell the AC stuff in packs

I wasn't expecting this to reach Japan as well, I'm crossing my fingers, hard, so this changes things, they are predating people's addiction, creating gamblers of young players that spend their weekly income to gamble in Fifa or Forknite, and I don't even care if they continue or not, just declaring them officially gambling is ok for me, pay your taxes and get properly rated like any other gambling product.

Quote Originally Posted by silo1991 View Post
    SW battlefront 2 its the only real sinner here

Hell no. RNG-based progression, even if just for cosmetics, is still awful in terms of game design. It demotes player effort, since you're equally likely to achieve your goal from start to end game, and it's there simply to buffer either money spent or hours played (which is what a lot of people take into consideration when determining if it was a good purchase or not).

It's also hides the real cost to obtain a specific item. Taking into consideration the old Overwatch drop system, with the current 29 heroes and 2 legendary skins per hero, which, IIRC, had a 7.4% chance per box. Not counting credits, to get a specific legendary skin in the game, you'd have to open on average 1568 crates to get the intended item. This would be a ludicrous price, so credits come in, except for an average of 25 per box (if you're really lucky), still leads to 40 boxes per skin. Except you have to save all the time for event skins which require 120 boxes average each.
    Do you have ANY bug in PSO2? Are you creating yet another thread about how you can't take screenshots, your game crashes, or textures are missing AGAIN? Do you NOT search the forum before asking? Then the L.A.W. FIX is for YOU!

It's EASY! Just go: Tweaker -> [!] button -> Other tasks -> Enable Large Address Aware, and you're DONE! Just remember to do it EVERY UPDATE!

with gacha dead mobile trash would basically be dead in the water which won't be allowed to happen