Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

issue has been resolved. thanks!

This used to work fine until after the maint hit, now I get this while it says 'downloading patch list'.

System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled.
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowF orNonSuccess(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.Handle NonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at PSRT.Astra.Models.PatchInfo.<FetchPatchInfosAsync> d__0.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.Handle NonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at PSRT.Astra.MainWindowViewModel.<VerifyGameFilesAsy nc>d__62.MoveNext()
    at PSRT.Astra.MainWindow.<Window_Loaded>d__2.MoveNext ()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilder Core.<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_0(Object state)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.Internal RealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatch When(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
    edit: its working now, not sure what changed but I'll leave this here just in case.
    Last edited by ShinMegamiSensei; Dec 12, 2018 at 01:04 PM.

Each time I run Astra, the file verification process takes several minutes even when there wasn't a new PSO2 update recently. Any ideas what might be causing this?

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    Each time I run Astra, the file verification process takes several minutes even when there wasn't a new PSO2 update recently. Any ideas what might be causing this?
    Assuming you have complete the verification process fully one time it should not take several minutes. Can you screenshot the log at the point where Astra is waiting? Thanks.

Same issue here too, I thought it was normal

https://imgur.com/yskYTQx

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    I also had that problem. However, I remembered that Windows 10 has the function of blocking executable files downloaded from the internet. So I unlocked the files individually, including those in the subdirectories and configuration files, and Astra did not take long to present the option to boot PSO2.

I think it's a good idea to add a timestamp to be able to diagnose problems more accurately, or maybe to make a file to log errors.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by DrCatco View Post
    I also had that problem. However, I remembered that Windows 10 has the function of blocking executable files downloaded from the internet. So I unlocked the files individually, including those in the subdirectories and configuration files, and Astra did not take long to present the option to boot PSO2.
    Can you expand on this? Astra does not run any other executable except for the large address aware patch, it also gains UAC permissions from launch. Did you "unlock" the Astra application files or the game files?

Quote Originally Posted by Zogzer View Post
    Can you expand on this? Astra does not run any other executable except for the large address aware patch, it also gains UAC permissions from launch. Did you "unlock" the Astra application files or the game files?
    The Astra application files: dll's, .config files, the Astra .exe file.

Quote Originally Posted by DrCatco View Post
    The Astra application files: dll's, .config files, the Astra .exe file.
    Yeah, but what did you do when you said you unlocked them?

Quote Originally Posted by Zogzer View Post
    Yeah, but what did you do when you said you unlocked them?
    Remember that Windows 10 has the function of blocking files downloaded from the internet. For example (in Spanish, because the world is vast and varied):

What I did was check the box that says "Desbloquear" (unlock) in all files, to be sure, although I probably only needed one, but I don't know which one.

Hope this helps.

(Also yes, Winamp is alive. You can download it from the official site )