Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

tweaker allows me to go ingame with english translations with the error though. with astra i can't even start the game

Quote Originally Posted by midend View Post
    tweaker allows me to go ingame with english translations with the error though. with astra i can't even start the game
    The tweaker lets you go into game but it is actually failing internally due to their servers being down.This probably won't cause any issues but the key there is "probably". Astra was written with the idea that the arks layer API wouldn't die often so accessing their services is a required step. A fallback for this for when their servers are having issues may be added if this becomes more common, I am not too worried right now as my understanding is that they are doing some big changes at the moment so things should calm down in the future.

I would certainly appreciate a fallback. I don't think Astra should require the Arks Layer servers to function.

Has anyone else been experiencing issues with Astra lately? It doesn't seem to be patching the game properly, and I'm getting missing icons and frequent crashes.

Edit: After patching the game with PSO2 Tweaker, everything seems fine. So it seems that this would be a bug in Astra, where it's not properly updating the game files. One of the claims with Astra was that it would always keep the game in a working and stable state. I hope this can be fixed soon.

Edit 2: Broken again when I run the game with Astra...
    Last edited by Rayden; Feb 9, 2019 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    Has anyone else been experiencing issues with Astra lately? It doesn't seem to be patching the game properly, and I'm getting missing icons and frequent crashes.

Edit: After patching the game with PSO2 Tweaker, everything seems fine. So it seems that this would be a bug in Astra, where it's not properly updating the game files. One of the claims with Astra was that it would always keep the game in a working and stable state. I hope this can be fixed soon.

Edit 2: Broken again when I run the game with Astra...
    Hey, can you give some reproduction steps once you have got into game with Astra because I can't find any immediate issues. Thanks.

I haven't been able to get large address aware to work recently. It used to work for me when astra was first released publicly. It throws the error, uploads log, then re-checks and downloads the 1 file ( i assume pso2.exe) and repeats itself.

Code:
    [INFO  2019-02-23T09:37:31Z](Launch) Running LargeAddressAwarePhase[INFO  2019-02-23T09:37:31Z](Launch) Error during launch phases
    System.IO.IOException: The directory is not empty.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
       at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean throwOnTopLevelDirectoryNotFound, WIN32_FIND_DATA& data)
       at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean checkHost)
       at PSRT.Astra.Models.LargeAddressAware._ApplyLargeAddressAwarePatch(String executablePath)
       at PSRT.Astra.Models.LargeAddressAware.ApplyLargeAddressAwarePatch(InstallConfiguration installConfiguration)
       at PSRT.Astra.Models.Phases.LargeAddressAwarePhase.<RunAsync>b__2_0()
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at PSRT.Astra.Models.Phases.LargeAddressAwarePhase.<RunAsync>d__2.MoveNext()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at PSRT.Astra.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel.<_AttemptPhase>d__82.MoveNext()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
       at PSRT.Astra.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel.<LaunchAsync>d__83.MoveNext()
    [INFO  2019-02-23T09:37:36Z](App) Uploading log

Quote Originally Posted by ShinMegamiSensei View Post
    I haven't been able to get large address aware to work recently. It used to work for me when astra was first released publicly. It throws the error, uploads log, then re-checks and downloads the 1 file ( i assume pso2.exe) and repeats itself.

Code:
    [INFO  2019-02-23T09:37:31Z](Launch) Running LargeAddressAwarePhase[INFO  2019-02-23T09:37:31Z](Launch) Error during launch phases
    System.IO.IOException: The directory is not empty.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
       at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean throwOnTopLevelDirectoryNotFound, WIN32_FIND_DATA& data)
       at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean checkHost)
       at PSRT.Astra.Models.LargeAddressAware._ApplyLargeAddressAwarePatch(String executablePath)
       at PSRT.Astra.Models.LargeAddressAware.ApplyLargeAddressAwarePatch(InstallConfiguration installConfiguration)
       at PSRT.Astra.Models.Phases.LargeAddressAwarePhase.<RunAsync>b__2_0()
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.InnerInvoke()
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
       at PSRT.Astra.Models.Phases.LargeAddressAwarePhase.<RunAsync>d__2.MoveNext()
       at PSRT.Astra.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel.<_AttemptPhase>d__82.MoveNext()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
       at PSRT.Astra.ViewModels.MainWindowViewModel.<LaunchAsync>d__83.MoveNext()
    [INFO  2019-02-23T09:37:36Z](App) Uploading log
    Thanks for reporting this.

I'm unable to recreate the error myself, but hopefully I have fixed the only thing I can think of that could have caused it. Please let me know if the latest release solves it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogzer View Post
    Thanks for reporting this.

I'm unable to recreate the error myself, but hopefully I have fixed the only thing I can think of that could have caused it. Please let me know if the latest release solves it for you.
    It worked, thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Arredoval View Post
    Works like a charm so far! Thanks for making this. Alternatives are always nice to have.

What are the chances of separating sections of the English patch in a future update? It might be weird, but I don't like having item names or titles translated.
    In the future I am thinking of implementing a more powerful plugin management system with support for more than just languages but that will take a lot of effort because of how much management astra has to do. I'll see if I can make a light version of this for just the English patch when I have some time.

I keep having to use PSO2 Tweaker to update my game. I don't understand what's causing this. PSRT Astra worked great in the past, but now it just never seems to update anything. When I click the launch process, it goes through all its steps, but at the comparing/verifying files stage it only does like 1-6 files. Then I get into the game and I'm clearly not updated, as new content is missing and the game is crashy. I open PSO2 Tweaker and the game patches fine and downloads the entire update.