Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Late reply but this:

Quote Originally Posted by midend View Post
    Same issue here too, I thought it was normal

https://imgur.com/yskYTQx
    The multiple minute wait occurs on "Comparing files". It can't be a win 10 issue as I run Windows 7.

Quote Originally Posted by DrCatco View Post
    Remember that Windows 10 has the function of blocking files downloaded from the internet. For example (in Spanish, because the world is vast and varied):

What I did was check the box that says "Desbloquear" (unlock) in all files, to be sure, although I probably only needed one, but I don't know which one.

Hope this helps.

(Also yes, Winamp is alive. You can download it from the official site )
    Hmmmm...

I will have to have a look into this but I think there is more to this as midend also has this issue and is not on windows 10.

I intend to redo the file checking algorithm as it is so I will leave this until then if I can't find a solid answer for it. I am unable to reproduce.
    Also note that windows file system caching can considerably change the timings of these operations if you run them multiple times within a short time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogzer View Post
    Hey, I have been looking into this but am unable to recreate your issue. Can you give me some more information on what files you are trying to install and how to reproduce your issue?
    Sorry for not getting back to you about this. The mod files that I'm using are private, so I wanted to try to put together some reproduction steps using a public mod, but I've had a lot going on and have been too busy to do that. It's still happening though.

I now have a new issue. There is a new update available for PSO2, and Astra downloaded it for the most part. But now it seems to be stuck on a few files, and is basically in an infinite loop trying to update them repeatedly. Here is the log. Note that this still happens even if I get rid of my mods, so it's not related to the above issue.

Edit: The files it was looking for didn't exist on disk. I ran PSO2 Tweaker and that was able to patch the game without issues, and now those files do exist. After doing that, PSRT Astra now works as well. I'm guessing these are probably completely brand new files, something to do with them updating the official launcher? But PSO2 Tweaker managed to do it without running into an issue, so Astra should be able to do it too, in case this happens again in the future.

The current logging system is a place holder. As you can see its first of all only in English (Astra actually supports a full dynamic localisation engine, it just lacks the translated strings), I intend to replace this in its entirety. In the future version a log file will be written to better understand crashes and issues, this will be English only. The actual UI for the user to see will be fully localised and probably not a log form at all. I am leaning towards a job list style similar to how Azure DevOps build jobs present it.

If you have any more ideas let me know, none of this is set in stone and still a while off before I start.
    That actually sounds pretty great. Looking forward to it!
    Last edited by Lorne; Dec 19, 2018 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorne View Post
    I now have a new issue. There is a new update available for PSO2, and Astra downloaded it for the most part. But now it seems to be stuck on a few files, and is basically in an infinite loop trying to update them repeatedly. Here is the log. Note that this still happens even if I get rid of my mods, so it's not related to the above issue.
    Thanks for this, I didn't actually try and update the game the last few days. This error was caused because pso2 change the directories they use inside the data directory for the first time in god knows how long. Anyway the fix for it is live and this should never cause an issue again even if new directories are used by SEGA.

Also note that I changed somewhat how mod files are installed, please let me know if this fixes your issue.

Also note that I changed somewhat how mod files are installed, please let me know if this fixes your issue.
    This seems to work great now, thanks!

Hmm. It was working fine, but now I've noticed it seems to be acting up again with the mods. See my log here. It copies 14 mod files, then says there are 20-23 files to update, then copies the 14 mod files again. This happens every time I launch Astra.
    Last edited by Lorne; Dec 23, 2018 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorne View Post
    Hmm. It was working fine, but now I've noticed it seems to be acting up again with the mods. See my log here. It copies 14 mod files, then says there are 20-23 files to update, then copies the 14 mod files again. This happens every time I launch Astra.
    Magic lmao.

Joking aside unless there is a way I can reproduce it I can't effectively fix it. Sorry.

I just updated to the new version 1.9, and now I can't launch PSO2 at all through Astra. I just get the following error:

ArksLayer -> Error applying Arks-Layer patches
    ArksLayer -> The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin\plugins\PS O2RAISERSystem.dll' because it is being used by another process.
    Nothing would be using that file as far as I know. I'll just roll back to 1.8 for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayden View Post
    I just updated to the new version 1.9, and now I can't launch PSO2 at all through Astra. I just get the following error:

Nothing would be using that file as far as I know. I'll just roll back to 1.8 for now.
    Hey, this is something I am unable to reproduce. The RAISER dll is handled after the other English patch dlls and is handled in exactly the same way. Could I ask you try deleting the dll from your plugins folder manually, then try this new version again as the old method will stop working in the long run, if it is not already broken somehow.

Thanks

Hey, this is something I am unable to reproduce. The RAISER dll is handled after the other English patch dlls and is handled in exactly the same way. Could I ask you try deleting the dll from your plugins folder manually, then try this new version again as the old method will stop working in the long run, if it is not already broken somehow.

Thanks
    Actually I am an idiot, will push a fix in a min.