Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default PSRT.Astra: a modern patcher

Let's try this again.

Astra is a new approach at keeping your PSO2 client up and running without getting in your way. It uses an internal database to make sure everything is correct before every launch, and if an inconsistency is detected, it gets fixed as fast as possible. It supports all major features other launchers do, like the Telepipe Proxy and English Patch, with more to come.

DOWNLOAD | SOURCE | BUG REPORTS

DISCORD: https://discord.gg/kHvYp8D

FAQ:
    - Who made this?
    The main developer is Yen, assisted by TyroneSama and Kaze. The full contributor list can be found in the Github repository.

- Do I need to redownload the game to use Astra?
    No. If you have already installed the game through other means (Tweaker, official patcher, torrent, etc), Astra will run a file check to learn about your installation when you first launch it (it will say your game is being updated; don't worry about it).

- Does Astra support mods?
    Yes, in its own way. Any modified files you place in the "mods" folder will be loaded over the original ones. Files that were modified in any other way will be replaced by the game's original files. Be careful.

- This is cool! How can I contribute?
    If you're a developer, feel free to look through the code and send any fixes or enhancements our way. Otherwise, simply using the software and reporting any bugs already helps enormously. We appreciate every Issue and Pull Request.
    Last edited by KazeSenoue; Apr 4, 2019 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    Looking from above to below, we might not see that much we aren't used to seeing.
    Looking from below to above, we might dream to one day touch the heavens...
    Weeb Bot - Discord EQ Alerts
    PSO2 EQ API

Muy bien.
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.

Awesome job!
    Already digging it more than the tweaker.

Will you guys have a little website to keep this up at or will forums be the main area of stay for now?

Just incase you all ever float away from the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Salavtore View Post
    Awesome job!
    Already digging it more than the tweaker.

Will you guys have a little website to keep this up at or will forums be the main area of stay for now?

Just incase you all ever float away from the forums.
    The idea is to use mainly this thread and the Github repository for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    Looking from above to below, we might not see that much we aren't used to seeing.
    Looking from below to above, we might dream to one day touch the heavens...
    Weeb Bot - Discord EQ Alerts
    PSO2 EQ API

The initial installation check failed a couple of times with a SystemOutOfMemory crash when I was testing it out.

Had around 70k files to update, then when it reached 0 queued, it just crashed.
    Second time, 35k, then when it reached 0 again, crashed.
    Third time, 3k, finally worked.

Also, an option to automatically enable large adress aware on the executable would be nice, since it fixes some issues with PSO2.
    Do you have ANY bug in PSO2? Are you creating yet another thread about how you can't take screenshots, your game crashes, or textures are missing AGAIN? Do you NOT search the forum before asking? Then the L.A.W. FIX is for YOU!

It's EASY! Just go: Tweaker -> [!] button -> Other tasks -> Enable Large Address Aware, and you're DONE! Just remember to do it EVERY UPDATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoterxx View Post
    The initial installation check failed a couple of times with a SystemOutOfMemory crash when I was testing it out.
    Can I ask how much memory your system has? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogzer View Post
    Can I ask how much memory your system has? Thanks.
    16GB + 16GB pagefile on a 64-bit system.
    Do you have ANY bug in PSO2? Are you creating yet another thread about how you can't take screenshots, your game crashes, or textures are missing AGAIN? Do you NOT search the forum before asking? Then the L.A.W. FIX is for YOU!

It's EASY! Just go: Tweaker -> [!] button -> Other tasks -> Enable Large Address Aware, and you're DONE! Just remember to do it EVERY UPDATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoterxx View Post
    16GB + 16GB pagefile on a 64-bit system.
    Thanks for reporting this issue! I believe the issue was a bunch of large PSO2 files (400MB+) getting read into the program at once near the end of the run, this caused the out of memory error in the 32bit process. I think I have a solution for this but it slows down the process a bit if I don't balance the two methods right so I will push an update soon once I have done some more testing.

As for your other question regarding the large address aware patch, this is high on my todo list. Look out for it in an update soon!