Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

This looks great. I'm already loving it more than PSO2 Tweaker. I have a few questions though:

1. Could you make the mod support more clear and obvious? The only mention anywhere that you can do this is in this thread, while the GitHub readme and the UI itself make no mention of it at all. It's a really useful feature, and I could see it going completely unnoticed if it isn't made more obvious.

2. Every time I start up Astra, I get the setup window saying that it's detected my PSO2 installation. Is this supposed to happen on non-initial launches? I'd expect it to just immediately go into the main Astra window after I've already set it up.

3. When I launch PSO2, the Astra window stays open, but nothing really changes in it. The "Launch PSO2" button is still there and I can still click it again, but it just fails to open due to files being locked or something. Would it perhaps be prudent for Astra to detect when PSO2 is already running, and then gray out the "Launch PSO2" button or change it to "PSO2 Running" or "Quit PSO2" or something?

Thanks a lot for this. It's already great - fast, minimal, stable, open source - and I imagine it'll get even better as it matures and polishes a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorne View Post
    This looks great. I'm already loving it more than PSO2 Tweaker. I have a few questions though:

1. Could you make the mod support more clear and obvious? The only mention anywhere that you can do this is in this thread, while the GitHub readme and the UI itself make no mention of it at all. It's a really useful feature, and I could see it going completely unnoticed if it isn't made more obvious.

2. Every time I start up Astra, I get the setup window saying that it's detected my PSO2 installation. Is this supposed to happen on non-initial launches? I'd expect it to just immediately go into the main Astra window after I've already set it up.

3. When I launch PSO2, the Astra window stays open, but nothing really changes in it. The "Launch PSO2" button is still there and I can still click it again, but it just fails to open due to files being locked or something. Would it perhaps be prudent for Astra to detect when PSO2 is already running, and then gray out the "Launch PSO2" button or change it to "PSO2 Running" or "Quit PSO2" or something?

Thanks a lot for this. It's already great - fast, minimal, stable, open source - and I imagine it'll get even better as it matures and polishes a bit.
    Heya.

The mods folder was really just a first draft implementation. I know many existing mods do not directly accept this format and prefer instead to patch the game themselves which does not work with this. I don't use mods myself so I was not able to actually test the feature. When I am sure it works and am happy with the implementation it will get recognition in the UI.

Your other two ideas are great and have been added to the TODO list, thanks!
    Last edited by Zogzer; Dec 9, 2018 at 05:54 PM.

Wanted to try it for shits and giggles, but it looks like you launcher depends on the Windows registry to find where PSO2 is located, which is not very convenient for people who have their games installed on a secondary drive and don't re-install them after a Windows installation. I've check your config files, but they looks more like .NET and SQL stuff than PSO2 configurations.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Wanted to try it for shits and giggles, but it looks like you launcher depends on the Windows registry to find where PSO2 is located, which is not very convenient for people who have their games installed on a secondary drive and don't re-install them after a Windows installation. I've check your config files, but they looks more like .NET and SQL stuff than PSO2 configurations.
    I'm one of those people, and it detected PSO2 just fine. It's the game folder, not pso2_bin.
    Do you have ANY bug in PSO2? Are you creating yet another thread about how you can't take screenshots, your game crashes, or textures are missing AGAIN? Do you NOT search the forum before asking? Then the L.A.W. FIX is for YOU!

It's EASY! Just go: Tweaker -> [!] button -> Other tasks -> Enable Large Address Aware, and you're DONE! Just remember to do it EVERY UPDATE!

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    The only use of the registry at this time is for cleaning out game guard when it breaks.

I test this launcher and I feel more smooth the game for some reason, the problem I see is when I copy an object in English and I want to search the store but I do not get any results, could solve that?

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Ahri View Post
    I test this launcher and I feel more smooth the game for some reason, the problem I see is when I copy an object in English and I want to search the store but I do not get any results, could solve that?

Spoiler!

Spoiler!
    Hey, thanks for catching this bug!
    PSRT.Astra was shipping with an outdated version of pso2h.dll which is now fixed.
    Grab the latest update here!

Every time I start up Astra, I get the setup window saying that it's detected my PSO2 installation. Is this supposed to happen on non-initial launches? I'd expect it to just immediately go into the main Astra window after I've already set it up.
    Feature is implemented in the latest version.

Thanks for the updates. This is coming along smoothly. It's working much better for me now with the setup window being skipped and the UI locking while the game is running.

I just have a few other minor niggles:

1. I have some mod files in the mods folder. I've noticed that when I run Astra, it seems to copy the mod files, then update those files back to the original ones, then copy them again. This makes the start-up process take a bit longer before I can launch the game. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something and might be wrong, but it seems like it's maybe doing the steps in the wrong order? See here for a screenshot of the log to explain what I mean.

2. If I select entries in the Astra log, and then press Ctrl+C, they are not copied to the clipboard. I also can't right-click on them to copy. This means the only way to show the output (unless it's also saved to a text file somewhere) is via a screenshot. It'd be nice great if I could just select and copy the entries. I do love how clear and to the point the log is though, so I don't want it to change UI-wise, I just want to be able to copy it.

3. I can scroll the Astra log horizontally using the horizontal scrollbar with no problems, but the vertical scrollbar doesn't work. It seems to be disabled. I can see the vertical scrollbar, but if I click and drag it nothing happens. I also can't scroll up in the log with my mouse wheel. This means the only way for me to see log entries from further back is to maximize the window.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the updates. This is coming along smoothly. It's working much better for me now with the setup window being skipped and the UI locking while the game is running.

I just have a few other minor niggles:

1. I have some mod files in the mods folder. I've noticed that when I run Astra, it seems to copy the mod files, then update those files back to the original ones, then copy them again. This makes the start-up process take a bit longer before I can launch the game. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something and might be wrong, but it seems like it's maybe doing the steps in the wrong order? See here for a screenshot of the log to explain what I mean.

2. If I select entries in the Astra log, and then press Ctrl+C, they are not copied to the clipboard. I also can't right-click on them to copy. This means the only way to show the output (unless it's also saved to a text file somewhere) is via a screenshot. It'd be nice great if I could just select and copy the entries. I do love how clear and to the point the log is though, so I don't want it to change UI-wise, I just want to be able to copy it.

3. I can scroll the Astra log horizontally using the horizontal scrollbar with no problems, but the vertical scrollbar doesn't work. It seems to be disabled. I can see the vertical scrollbar, but if I click and drag it nothing happens. I also can't scroll up in the log with my mouse wheel. This means the only way for me to see log entries from further back is to maximize the window.

Thanks again.
    Hey, this issue with mod files is not intended and I have opened an issue on the project about it. I will get back to you when I find out what is going on.

As for the other questions regarding the log.
    The current logging system is a place holder. As you can see its first of all only in English (Astra actually supports a full dynamic localisation engine, it just lacks the translated strings), I intend to replace this in its entirety. In the future version a log file will be written to better understand crashes and issues, this will be English only. The actual UI for the user to see will be fully localised and probably not a log form at all. I am leaning towards a job list style similar to how Azure DevOps build jobs present it.

If you have any more ideas let me know, none of this is set in stone and still a while off before I start.