Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ... 243132333435363744 ... LastLast

Can anyone explain why the game randomly feels the need to kick you back to the home screen despite being in the middle of a battle just because you switched to another app for a moment?

I'm just venting a bit, but this has been a problem since the release of Idola. I have 0 issues running the game (minus the occasional crash to my Android home screen/desktop) but on occasion I'm in the middle of a quest/Idola battle and say I get a text I want to respond to, so I switch over to my messages app, respond to the text, switch back to Idola and I see in the top right corner 'connecting...' and back to the games home screen I go.

The fuck Sega. Care to refund me the few hundred stamina I've lost to this bullshit? At least when the game crashes mid-battle I can choose to resume it.

Quote Originally Posted by A Man in Flames View Post
    Can anyone explain why the game randomly feels the need to kick you back to the home screen despite being in the middle of a battle just because you switched to another app for a moment?

I'm just venting a bit, but this has been a problem since the release of Idola. I have 0 issues running the game (minus the occasional crash to my Android home screen/desktop) but on occasion I'm in the middle of a quest/Idola battle and say I get a text I want to respond to, so I switch over to my messages app, respond to the text, switch back to Idola and I see in the top right corner 'connecting...' and back to the games home screen I go.

The fuck Sega. Care to refund me the few hundred stamina I've lost to this bullshit? At least when the game crashes mid-battle I can choose to resume it.
    I don't have that problem, I switch between it and other app and game with no problem.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Quote Originally Posted by A Man in Flames View Post

This happens to me sometimes but not during the battle. I guess it's because not enough RAM to carry more memory, and my phone only has 1.8GB of RAM.

If I were you, I would finish the battle before switching to another app.
    If you got something urgent, just close the Idola app from your phone's overview button. Afterwards, open the game then it will ask you to resume battle from the title screen.

EDIT: Sorry, a lot of edits.
    Last edited by LinkEP; Apr 12, 2019 at 03:35 AM.

Some important stuff. Totto normal buff, melder will gain element when charging attack, roxane and thor will get new idola variants. More to be added
    Spoiler!

Live broadcast with new info and suff
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

Quote Originally Posted by LinkEP View Post
    This happens to me sometimes but not during the battle. I guess it's because not enough RAM to carry more memory, and my phone only has 1.8GB of RAM.

If I were you, I would finish the battle before switching to another app.
    If you got something urgent, just close the Idola app from your phone's overview button. Afterwards, open the game then it will ask you to resume battle from the title screen.

EDIT: Sorry, a lot of edits.
    It's not a lack of RAM (I typically have 2GB free out of 6 total) and to be clear when I say the game returns to the 'home screen' I'm talking about the in game home screen where your 2 home screen characters, the navigation menu, etc. are located.

RAM constraints notwithstanding, is anyone else facing this issue? Again, not talking about the game closing and restarting, I'm talking about being kicked out of a battle to the in game home screen where you navigate, etc. I'm not being kicked to title screen, the game is not restarting.

Thanks for the input Sizustar and LinkEP.

SEGA: eat my ass.

The only time my game goes back to the home screen on "connecting..." is when the day resets and it tries to give me the daily login rewards, it does this without fail.
    IDOLA: 212, 329, 988

Quote Originally Posted by BitterMarion View Post
    The only time my game goes back to the home screen on "connecting..." is when the day resets and it tries to give me the daily login rewards, it does this without fail.
    Right, daily reset at 05:00 JST-- that's normal and expected behavior.

I think I may know what's causing this problem for me now. I'm running Android Pie which allows you to restrict individual app background activity. I removed this restriction from Idola and will monitor the situation for a hopeful resolution. Tired of inadvertently getting kicked from an in progress battle losing stamina and progress over this.

Making the concentrated effort to avoid switching out of the app is not the solution to Sega's bullshit. Not even PSO2es does this to me and I can safely leave it in the background for hours, being able to pick it back up exactly where I left it (provided I don't login to PSO2 of course).

UPDATE EDIT: did NOT work. Even without background usage restrictions, I still get booted to in game home screen. This time, it was after I left the game to auto battle, phone screen locked after 5 minutes of inactivity (so no switching out of the game).

Running conclusion:

- Not a lack of RAM issue: my device has 6GB of RAM and I typically have 2+ free. If insufficient RAM were the case, the game would be forced out of memory entirely and I'd have to load it back up from the title screen. I would know firsthand: I was using a device with 3GB of RAM previously and would lose Idola from memory from time to time with minimal multitasking-- the game can eat up a full GB on its own.

- Not an issue with restricted app background usage (Android Pie or higher): tried with and without background usage restricted.

- Can occur regardless of whether I switch out of the game or the phone screen locks from inactivity.

- Sega needs to learn to code.
    Last edited by A Man in Flames; Apr 12, 2019 at 06:47 PM.

Look, I'm sorry that this is happening to you.

But saying they need to learn to code when it's ONLY happening to you... well basically, shut up. Stop blaming them for a problem that nobody knows why it's happening. Sega is not pulling any bullshit.

Lately, does it feel like the Idola are a bit more random when picking their actions to anyone else?

Particularly with their Damage Reduction, Healing Skills and Elemental Blasts I've noticed a difference, sometimes hey don't even EB at all in the case of Gemini.
    IDOLA: 212, 329, 988