Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PS4 player question

Hope someone can help me. I want to copy and paste the secret phrase from the PSO2 Station to get 1 mil EXP ticket but don't know how. It's in Japanese (obviously) and don't know how to convert using PS4 keyboard.

just use a keyboard and mouse on console

use quick questions thread next time
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Doesn't work obviously.....tried that first

Quote Originally Posted by r00tabaga View Post
    Doesn't work obviously.....tried that first
    have a team mate or friend type out the phrase, use M+KB to highlight/copy paste the text in game, press enter, done. its doable
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

You can add a Japanese keyboard in the PS4 settings, under Language I believe. That is how I have always typed anything in game. Granted, you will have to know how those keyboards work (input method) as well as how to input the phrase itself (so the structure of the words... and for that you would need to know hiragana... etc).

Idk about copy or pasting anything with it though, as the JP keyboard doesn't even give a Copy/Paste option like the EN keyboard does, or at least you can't seem to select the text in PSO2 to copy. Actually I just tried inputting some Japanese text in the chat window, then using the actual/physical keyboard you can use Shift+(left or right) to select the text, then Ctrl+C to copy and then Ctrl+V to paste, so I guess copy/paste is possible in PSO2 on PS4

TL;DR: I suppose if you open a page with the text in the web browser and can copy the text from it, as long as the PS4 still remembers the clipboard across 'apps' or whatnot, then just using Ctrl+V to paste it into the window should work too I would guess.
    Don't quote me. k, thx.

...I have learned that nobody reads signatures.

Omg thanks! I'll try that tonight...

It doesnt keep the same clipboard sadly. Your best bet is to enable the japanese keyboard in the PS4's settings then type it out using that keyboard

iwai 「puso ni komi」 anime-ka

then matching the automatic spellings that appear at the top of the keyboard to the original phrase 祝「ぷそ煮コミ」アニメ化

or copying from someone else in-game, much easier

The only way you can do it is with the PS4 second screen app. You just copy the phrase on your device, then open the chat on the game, and hit the keyboard icon in the app to paste it in. There's no other way to copy text on PS4, there was on PS3, but they really wanted to force people to use companion apps.

Edit: Also the JP PS4 keyboard is awful. You'd spend like an hour searching through the thousand characters to spell it out.

Edit again: Woah, thanks for blowing my mind, that's really sweet. Still seems like it would be a pain though. Second screen makes it so easy.
    Last edited by BloodPuddles; Dec 18, 2018 at 12:40 AM.
    Seems accurate. This is the new one.
    v2.567486457.968

there's a romaji input one where you can type english letters like i wrote out instead of using kana.

Looks like they are making it easier for PS4 players to play. No longer requiring SEGA ID. Not sure how this works but might increase population.