Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Lol I didn't know this was a reference. I got told it when I messed up Trinning for a tridolon, I thought he was just being a huge douche about it, Trin has 3 jobs.
    Seems accurate. This is the new one.
    v2.567486457.968

I don't know if the maintenance is over but after doing yet again exactly the same things I've been doing all day and failing, this time the outcome was different.

Edit: I spoke too early, now the launcher crashes when it reaches 0/65535 on step 1.
    Last edited by Saffran; Dec 19, 2018 at 11:27 AM.
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

Quote Originally Posted by Asellus View Post
    You guys are funny to me, how did ANYONE NOT expect emergency maintenance? THIS is what pso2 is known for after EVERY major update. I thought for sure it would have been because of the new pvp line-up.
    There have been many updates that are about the same magnitude as this one or even bigger throughout the past couple episodes that Sega has pulled off without a flaw. Saying "THIS is what pso2 is known for after EVERY major update" is way off base.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    One of the following possibilities:
    1) They don't playtest their builds (unlikely)
    2) They have spaghetti code, the problems of which arise on their live servers and not their closed beta ones (likely)
    3) They work on multiple builds at the same time, and they don't keep track on what changes and flags are applied on each one seperately (likely)

As for the long downtime for something so "simple", I can only thing that they entirely recompile their code or something. I mean, in other games like WoW, they wouldn't even need an emergency maintenance for something like this; they'd make the change entirely live. At worst they'd require a player to just relog.
    2) I don't feel very comfortable commenting on the state of their code, but it is possible that the pace of their development has caused an accumulation of "tech debt" (as they say). This "debt" can cause issues with further development and maintenance, if they never get a chance to address it.

3) It is highly likely that they work on multiple builds at the same time, at the very least a development branch and a release branch. They could have several branching strategies, like a branch for each release on their road map, with story branches under each of those branches. Or maybe they have feature branches with story branches group under those. What is NOT likely is that they don't keep track of what branch they push changes to.

Now it is possible that an individual changeset was accidentally pushed to this week's release branch that didn't belong. I'm not sure how it wouldn't have been caught, but maybe it is possible.

Anyways, if I had to play armchair software developer (which seems popular around here) I would guess that it is a data migration problem, or maybe just a merge error.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

Due to an unexpected problem the maintenance is extented until it's fixed (no hour given). (1.30 AM japan time)
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

Quote Originally Posted by Asellus View Post
    You guys are funny to me, how did ANYONE NOT expect emergency maintenance? THIS is what pso2 is known for after EVERY major update. I thought for sure it would have been because of the new pvp line-up.
    Cool, tell me about the horrible errors that happened during the last time we downloaded a patch.

You can't because nothing happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveless62 View Post
    There have been many updates that are about the same magnitude as this one or even bigger throughout the past couple episodes that Sega has pulled off without a flaw. Saying "THIS is what pso2 is known for after EVERY major update" is way off base.
    Back then it was like a routine, but I'm surprised this time it almost felt like it never happened before. They actually did a great job until today.

Maintenance burst, one more!

I run game for 15 mins right before Emergency Maint started... Just managed to watch new stuff and get Atra Ex Sword...
    All new menu strings was empry - had completely no letters on them... I wish this thing will become normal after the Maint ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulastar View Post
    I run game for 15 mins right before Emergency Maint started... Just managed to watch new stuff and get Atra Ex Sword...
    All new menu strings was empry - had completely no letters on them... I wish this thing will become normal after the Maint ends.
    That happens when there's new stuff, it's just the result of the english patch not being completely ready for the update.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Reading some of you, it's like if SEGA did this on purpose. Yes, this pisses us off. But it's far worse for them with a full day of income lost.

EDIT - ETA Dec 20th 5h30 PM JST.