Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BloodPuddles View Post
    Even worse though, UH is probably just gonna be another bump up in numbers with absolutely no change in enemy behavior. Once you're geared for it it'll probably be identical to XH.
    Well, the UH teaser already showed a revamped Tranmizer and Ringahda, with new attacks and such.
    Last edited by Ezodagrom; Dec 23, 2018 at 01:42 PM.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Casual review: Fun boss, there are still some interesting mechanics that players need to pay attention to if they want to avoid having to Resta every 3 seconds. I noticed that the boss applies almost all sorts of debuffs (burn, shock, mirage, poison). Boss damage is lower than expected, except for some part where he dealt 4k something in one hit (possibly explosion of failed dps check?). His HP is low for a final boss because we defeated him in about 12mins in a non-expert group where people are still levelling up and use 13*s and 14*s.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilich View Post
    I don't think they can make content that is highly challenging through requiring team work, class combination, like war cry brhu leading big attacks away, or precise positioning, because all classes and players must be able to finish all content.
    The "hard" point of making a boss difficult is how to achieve that without requiring a meta to overcome said difficulty. Players will always flock to the path of least resistance / path of maximum efficiency, which is pretty much the definition of "meta". There are ways to make the boss more difficult without requiring team work, however any content that is group content by design will always have teamwork as the "meta" for when it's too difficult to tackle as individual players just doing their stuff. For example, giving the boss more damage or making its attacks harder to evade will promote /HU meta or having a TE for Deband. Making harder DPS checks will promote the meta of builds with higher burst potential and lining those up with other players.

Some of you here are probably sick and tired of me being an armchair developer and repeating it in every thread, but there is a way to make the content more demanding without requiring even faster reflexes, harder dps checks, or making certain builds/PAs/Techs unviable: (a) Reduce all player healing. (b) Apply the Anga property of resisting most used element/weapon. I mean, the new solo UQ employs these (modified for PA/Tech), and it seems to be quite popular and well received.

As for UH, I think we can expect the enemies to be just like Diamos in EF; HP sponges with attacks that we either avoid entirely or we die. Sort of like boosted Profound Dankness, where grabbing people with its tentacle in phase1 or stomping them with its fists in phase3 would result in guaranteed multiple fatalities.

Difficulty in pso2 is always a mess, because what is currently called difficulty is actually just level segregation, you do not want and will not go to Super hard because you're skilled enough for it. No, its cause your level is now "eligible" for Extra hard, and you need better rewards from there to progress. Huge, inconsistent and unclear leaps in enemy stats certainly don't help figuring out recommended difficulty through anything but required level - that by itself probably a least important factor in players' skill and gear, especially with all the free exp in login rewards.
    If you think about it, its absurd that they had to separate skilled players from unskilled through a test and various conditions to participate in the same "difficulty". Is ultimate more difficult than extreme?
    If it was actual difficulty, you could choose it for any current quest for their level and receive actually different challenge for the gear/ability set expected to be on players for that level. Its probably not an issue for native players, as its just katakana flavour words for them, but still, why should outgearing Very hard make it as trivial as Normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Flatflyer View Post
    If anything I hope UH becomes an actual challenging difficulty that gives similar drops to XH but at a higher quantity, and its made so that only fully geared players would be able to clear it reliably making XH still a difficulty people would have to do instead because theyre simply not strong enough to take on content in UH.

the reality though would be everyone would just try to leech off the good players in UH anyways.
    It was said for each previous difficulty, so there's that lol.
    The only tangible purpose in next difficulty is that it nets players whole new lineup of items to hunt, as they progress in levels.

With a hardly complete tangle of XH in ep4-5 and dead end in current equipment progression, I honestly can't imagine many changes in UH – theres just too much stuff to alter by now. Maybe thats the only place where caleidomechs and advanced rare bosses show up.

First try was a 2ppl run which timed out. We were really close but no cigar. The fight felt really exciting, I guess it was the music.
    Had two full MPA runs today, those were a lot less epic but at least we cleared it and got the rewards.
    I liked the old Olga Flow attack. Still wonder if you can break the little black orbs in the last phase.
    I'm torn on this. We shouldn't be able to parry any of it, but thank god we actually can.
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr

Just run this shit in real ULTRA hard mode.
    When I start EQ I found boss invisible except few orbs and target marking...
    I was lucky I was a Summoner on this.

So through all of my attempts so far (no Expert matching), I have only seen the damage check passed one time. I was about to ask a bit more about some specifics to clearing it, but from what I have read on swiki (as well as seen in one or two videos of sub-5-min runs) it seems that it is probably the better strategy (unless 100% positive your MPA can pass the check) to just attack the body during that time, since if the check fails all of that damage is lost? I have never once seen anyone (that I recall anyway) actually do this in any of my attempts so far, so was a bit surprised to read that.

Also, it is mildly humorous seeing multiple other Ra/xx characters in the same MPA as my character for the first time ever (more or less) since I started playing.
    Don't quote me. k, thx.

...I have learned that nobody reads signatures.

I've been in some of organized runs that tried to do that, but each time not everyone gets the message and attacks the orb anyway. I guess the idea is that if you break his body during the check, it staggers him, but I've never seen it happen so shrug.
    FiliaMortis * SARA-013 * Kiyoko * Akane * Vikky * Mei * Alicia * Ophelia

Mattykins - Ship 02

This has been out for almost a month, 95% of the eqs Ive done and still no 14/15☆ drops, stones a plenty, 3 rears and 3 legs, arm unit none existent as usual, 13☆ drops have been mild but sorta dont need them with stones ive accumulated. Overall i still find this EQ fun with the exception of 2 of the Falz forms.

My preference: Apprentice(that sweet Saxophone play everytime)>Elder (great music, fun), Double=Luther (Zzzz), i find double and luther to be the most boring and worst to fight, i know each form pretty much does the sam thing over and over but Double and Luther just feel the exact same, waiting for those forms to be over with every time we get them.

Once i get my last unit ill attempt solo runs, dont feel like losing out on 3 runs an EQ yet
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

it's messed up when he aggros onto a melee player and keeps backing up to attack them, causing him to stay off the platform where most melee players can't even hit him anymore

however, it's hilarious when I can get him to aggro onto my synchro, and cause him to even face *away* from the platform too

EDIT: if they ever make us grind out 50 runs of a single-run schedule-only EQ for something like this again im just moving a character to another ship because nuts to that
    Last edited by Zorak000; Jan 16, 2019 at 01:48 PM.

Oh ya thats my other complaint about this quest now that you bring it up: when Persona goes off further and further away from the platform, especially when hes stunned back there. Its kinda annoying, ranged or melee
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers