Default Does the XBox One Chatpad work with this game?

I have an original Xbox One pad, and was thinking of buying the XBox One chat pad for typing and hotkeys in this game. Does anyone know if it works?

Quote Originally Posted by Nulve View Post
    I have an original Xbox One pad, and was thinking of buying the XBox One chat pad for typing and hotkeys in this game. Does anyone know if it works?
    Not sure, but have you ever tried playing a game with a chatpad?
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

I've never owned the chatpad, so no. I only want it for typing and hotkeys, though, not playing.

I've never owned the chatpad, so no. I only want it for typing and hotkeys, though, not playing.
    I wanted to try one for my PS4 controller for the same thing, but I realized that I couldn't play without being able to grip the handles of my controller, which what a chatpad will prevent you to do. I'd recommend using a software to program shortcut keys on your controller and just use a small keyboard to chat if you're playing in your living room.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

The chatpad is officially supported for Widows 10; I personally didn't think that spending the full price on an officially chatpad was worth it for one game, so I bought one of the off-brand chatpads (they are basically a wireless keyboard that gets power through the controller and have their own USB receiver) and it has worked for me for a good 4+ years, though I mostly just use it for subpallete access.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    The chatpad is officially supported for Widows 10; I personally didn't think that spending the full price on an officially chatpad was worth it for one game, so I bought one of the off-brand chatpads (they are basically a wireless keyboard that gets power through the controller and have their own USB receiver) and it has worked for me for a good 4+ years, though I mostly just use it for subpallete access.
    Ah nice, yeah, I was thinking of buying one of the cheap ones on Amazon as well, not the official one. Got a link/name of the one you use? And does it work with the original XBox One pad? (the non-Bluetooth one)

Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    I wanted to try one for my PS4 controller for the same thing, but I realized that I couldn't play without being able to grip the handles of my controller, which what a chatpad will prevent you to do. I'd recommend using a software to program shortcut keys on your controller and just use a small keyboard to chat if you're playing in your living room.
    Yeah, I used to do stuff like that with XPadder, but I think a chatpad would be a more elegant solution, plus I just kind of want one.

The chatpad work, but when you hold a key it will spam it, so if plan on using ASDW to move it wont work. But other than that, chatting works fine, using palette items works fine, etc.

Edit: I have the official one, I tried using an unofficial one before but the one I got was cheap and it broke after a couple of days of usage.
    Last edited by AlphaBlob; Jan 6, 2019 at 08:20 PM.

Youtube: AlphaBlob | Discord Server | Ship 02: Akahana | ID: AlphaBlob | Team:『Khaos』

Ah nice, yeah, I was thinking of buying one of the cheap ones on Amazon as well, not the official one. Got a link/name of the one you use? And does it work with the original XBox One pad? (the non-Bluetooth one)
    The one I have is discontinued and was made for the original 2013 controller, though I have used it on both a 2015 and 2016 revision; that said, the 3rd party cheapy versions are still compatible with the 2013 version if they have a retractable 3.5mm plug.
    Like AlphaBlob said, however, it is a crapshoot if you get a quality one, and even if you do, they aren't necessarily going to hold up to really heavy use, though they don't have the hold issue that the official one does. Also, like I said, I feel the only reason mine has lasted so long is that I almost exclusively use it for the subpallete (most other functions I have set up via JoyToKey) and have a separate keyboard for chat.
    Last edited by Anduril; Jan 6, 2019 at 09:56 PM.

As someone who uses an Xbox One official chatpad to play fully wirelessly, I can confirm that it works great!