Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Not a fan

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    But we will have to start from scratch on a private server, right? We won't have any way to transfer our characters, or prove that our characters were at a certain state when the servers shut down.
    Saving your character data via salon will import your characters, levels and weapons are trivial data. I imagine it wouldn't be very hard to import characters anyway.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not sure you'll find many people here that don't like the game nearly 7 years in now. I played some PSU before I started PSO2 up again and the gameplay is a right bore next to PSO2. You could use the diffuse shell PA in PSO2 and pretend your playing PSU just shotgunning everything to death lol. It's the time sink that's keeping ya salty about it, there's no happy endings in Phantasy Star when it all ends, after all the time invested and ya got nothing to show for it. On the plus side, you might meet some "interesting" people along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomTask View Post
    Not sure you'll find many people here that don't like the game nearly 7 years in now. I played some PSU before I started PSO2 up again and the gameplay is a right bore next to PSO2. You could use the diffuse shell PA in PSO2 and pretend your playing PSU just shotgunning everything to death lol. It's the time sink that's keeping ya salty about it, there's no happy endings in Phantasy Star when it all ends, after all the time invested and ya got nothing to show for it. On the plus side, you might meet some "interesting" people along the way.
    ha I was wondering when you'd show up.

I found PSO2 to be a mixed bag. The combat and visuals were hugely improved over PSU. However the lack of levelling up Photon Arts felt like a step back. As well as the single lobby style similar to PSOBB. Running through multitudes of quests and ending up in a different lobby each time made you feel like an explorer on PSU.

I did enjoy the spontaneous emergency codes and the EQ's on PSO2. But in general the gameplay feels a lot more dulled down. The main gripe for me however is that I'm not a fan of anime and whilst PSO and PSU were anime style, the graphics sort of prevented it from going all out anime based. Whereas on PSO2 is a fully fledged anime MMO and it's obvious by the style, the gameplay, the storyline, and of course, the player base.

Every now and then I'm overcome with a sense of nostalgia for the game. Although an MMO isn't a good fit at the best of times for someone as cantankerous and anti-social as myself, let alone one who's visual and audible hyperactivity makes me wince almost constantly.

I guess I persevere as it's Phantasy Star - I have fond memories I continue to relive on PSOBB and PSU, but after a while I burn out on those 2 games and feel the need to play on PSO2 as they're the only 3 MMO's I play.

Tifa
    Desktop - Intel i7 6700K 4.0 Ghz, Nvidia 1080 GTX Founders Edition, 16GB 3000 Mhz DDR4 RAM, Samsung 49" CHG 90 UltraWide HDR QLED Gaming Monitor

Laptop - Intel i7 2.8 Ghz (IvyBridge), ATI 7970 2 GB, 16 GB (1866 Mhz) DDR RAM, 17" Display