Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not a fan

Quote Originally Posted by GeordieP View Post
    hmm I suppose at the back of my mind is the uncertainty about devoting time and possibly money into a game I could get banned from.
    Maybe a western server could alleviate this concern.

Im waiting to see SEGA's next move.
    Just to add Anduril's post related to ban, think I can (unofficially) assure you that you won't get banned just because you're from outside Japan.

First, so many people have been playing since 2012 until today. There were doubts time to time, but it's been almost 7 years now.

Second, when the game is released to southeast asia, all players from there were IP blocked. I think it's to keep people from there to play the southeast asia version instead of japan, due to contract or whatever. From what I've heard, that IP block has been lifted since 1-2 years ago, a year after the game was shut down in there, I think? Which kinda prove that they don't really mind about it.
    Last edited by SteveCZ; Jan 21, 2019 at 08:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ View Post
    Just to add Anduril's post related to ban, think I can (unofficially) assure you that you won't get banned just because you're from outside Japan.

First, so many people have been playing since 2012 until today. There were doubts time to time, but it's been almost 7 years now.

Second, when the game is released to southeast asia, all players from there were IP blocked. I think it's to keep people from there to play the southeast asia version instead of japan, due to contract or whatever. From what I've heard, that IP block has been lifted since 1-2 years ago, a year after the game was shut down in there, I think? Which kinda prove that they don't really mind about it.
    IP block has not been lifted. But newer ISPs in the SEA region aren't affected by it. Also, website isn't blocked anymore, so that isn't a good indicator that you're blocked/unblocked anymore.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius-91 View Post
    IP block has not been lifted. But newer ISPs in the SEA region aren't affected by it. Also, website isn't blocked anymore, so that isn't a good indicator that you're blocked/unblocked anymore.
    I see, I stand corrected then in that case.

Or maybe I dont want to invest 18k+ hours into something that will be taken away against my will.

Im thinking Im still a bit salty over it.

Quote Originally Posted by GeordieP View Post
    Or maybe I dont want to invest 18k+ hours into something that will be taken away against my will.

Im thinking Im still a bit salty over it.
    there are people who have put thousands of hours into this game that are still playing, you know have nothing to fear but your own paranoia
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

In the end we will all lose our characters and progress against our will when Sega finally shuts down the servers. When that will be is a different discussion, but with near 100% certainty later than 2023.

Unless Sega somehow allows us to "migrate" our progress to PSO3 or gives us some passive bonuses depending on our progress on PSO2.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    In the end we will all lose our characters and progress against our will when Sega finally shuts down the servers. When that will be is a different discussion, but with near 100% certainty later than 2023.

Unless Sega somehow allows us to "migrate" our progress to PSO3 or gives us some passive bonuses depending on our progress on PSO2.
    Or a private server springs up.
    PSO2 Details: Ship 02 || Sirius-91 Cast || Lacey-458 Caseal || Team: ChibiRoar!

Quote Originally Posted by Xerenia View Post
    Oh no! What am i going to do, this was my whole entire life, and now it's going to be gone. :C Guess i'll just go and troll other proxies. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius-91 View Post
    Or a private server springs up.
    But we will have to start from scratch on a private server, right? We won't have any way to transfer our characters, or prove that our characters were at a certain state when the servers shut down.

Or just keep the game running like how WoW did for years. Then again I wouldnt know how would they keep up having the content staying relevant.
    test

Seeing how some communities are in "international" servers, seems to me people want a place to do what they are used to do, instead of being polite in a foreign place, and so, the paranoia about banning emerges. Or maybe they just want "their right" to "demand" something of the developer, and not being able to do it because language is a turn off.