Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not a fan

Default Not a fan

Ive given PSO2 a good try but I dont like it, I think 30 hours is enough to judge whether a game is for you or not.
    All this game did was make me wish I was playing PSU... *sniff*
    Im not holding my breath but unless SEGAC delivers something spectacular for western client that wont be pulled at the first hiccup (s+10 you-tube video) then I think Im done with Phantasy Star series.

Well I assume sega did the right thing for not bringing this to the west or the world. It's just the (majority of?) others who feel that the game is not for them aren't so vocal like you compare to those who keep wishing it to get to western market back then. Even this game did not work in southeast asia anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ View Post
    Well I assume sega did the right thing for not bringing this to the west or the world. It's just the (majority of?) others who feel that the game is not for them aren't so vocal like you compare to those who keep wishing it to get to western market back then. Even this game did not work in southeast asia anyway.
    erm.... ok

Quote Originally Posted by GeordieP View Post
    erm.... ok
    erm did I say something wrong? I'm just saying that I agree by your statement that this game isn't really for everyone and somehow sega knows it. They attempted to get to outside japan once which is southeast asia and they failed as well there. So yeah, in short it's apparently not really for everyone.

Your statement is quite rare here cause I usually only see people wishing for this game to come to the west, so I'm glad to see another side's opinion.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

no game is for everybody; but I'd think this game would do pretty well if they invested more in global servers than they did for previous games. so that'll never happen hahaha.... Advertising can do a lot more work than you'd imagine

the core gameplay is what has kept me around this whole time, despite all the extra systems they tacked on, or the gatcha+recycle shop causing some outfits/accessories to go extinct, and the issues I got with EQs (the quests are good, but it could really use a different distribution system; possibly requiring a complete overhaul of every single quest in the game, so that's probably never getting fixed either)

fighting stuff just feels good in general, and it's only gotten better

Well in first place I dont know any other game with same opportunities of character cutomisation during game process.
    In second - there's not very difficult gameplay process with many variations of weapons and fighting styles.

In opposition there's two main minuses: hitstops in combat and very stiff ranged combat.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Zulastar; Jan 21, 2019 at 11:13 AM.

Ive given PSO2 a good try but I dont like it, I think 30 hours is enough to judge whether a game is for you or not.
    All this game did was make me wish I was playing PSU... *sniff*
    Im not holding my breath but unless SEGAC delivers something spectacular for western client that wont be pulled at the first hiccup (s+10 you-tube video) then I think Im done with Phantasy Star series.
    So you didnt like it because you wanted it be laik PSU? Also western release never, people can keep waiting but it aint comin

Also theres a offline client for PSUs with JP content if you really miss PSU that bad
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ View Post
    erm did I say something wrong? I'm just saying that I agree by your statement that this game isn't really for everyone and somehow sega knows it. They attempted to get to outside japan once which is southeast asia and they failed as well there. So yeah, in short it's apparently not really for everyone.

Your statement is quite rare here cause I usually only see people wishing for this game to come to the west, so I'm glad to see another side's opinion.
    I see I wasn't sure what you were saying thanks for the clarification.

hmm I suppose at the back of my mind is the uncertainty about devoting time and possibly money into a game I could get banned from.
    Maybe a western server could alleviate this concern.

Im waiting to see SEGA's next move.

hmm I suppose at the back of my mind is the uncertainty about devoting time and possibly money into a game I could get banned from.

As far as I have heard and seen, no one has been banned just becuase they played from outside of Japan, so it really shouldn't be a concern. Also, at this point, there is no point in even contemplating the possibility of a western server since odds are SEGA is already planning the next game in the series since we are coming up on year 7 of the originally planned 10 (if they don't abandon PC/Console all together for mobile gaming); if they decide to make that new project international is also up in the air.

That said, if you really miss PSU, you might want to look into the private server that is in development.
    Last edited by Anduril; Jan 21, 2019 at 03:55 PM.

weigh the pros and cons of a localized server, really think about it because people have been throwing this out for years that somehow a US/EU version would make it all good. I'm not berating you but its what gets said over and over again with somehow financially backing the game throw Premium and Micro-Transactions (AC scratches) would be the better choice when reality is a majority of that money is going straight to Sega JP and what bare minimum they need to keep the West servers.

Theres an alternative to playing PSU online and offline through the private servers again if you really want to relive some of those good days.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers