Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

http://pso2.jp/players/news/23210/

100% affix booster and a full set of Grace Boosters to anyone who got the new affix as a drop or purchased it and either affixed a weapon before the 1st emerg maint or a unit before the 2nd emerg maint. Also some meseta.

Literally handing out the most valuable item in the game to make a fucking dream unit to a few people with some bad upslots, not like anyone was gambling on returner 5 on a zero boost day just because of some new 5% (especially when we're a week away from a 5% astral/ether/returner 1st of month boost day).
    Last edited by Ceresa; Jan 25, 2019 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    By "small" I didn't mean the impact on real cash, effort by players etc, but in the amount of code that would have to be rewritten, retested and redeployed. While I am not a programming guru, I am near 100% certain that the problem is that there was an incorrect operator sign when calculating affix chance (as in, they incorrectly used - instead of +) without it impacting however the information laid to the user. I have seen it before, I have done it myself before, and I am seeing it right now in the commercial app that we use at the company I work for: It correctly removes quantities written of as defective on each item page, but it incorrectly adds it to the stock on the month review page (so removing stuff as defective are incorrectly added to the total as imports). I have reported it since 3 years ago, but the management doesn't take action because we work around it.

Don't get me wrong, I hate WoW for what it has become, but nonetheless I acknowledge the effort of the engineers and the results those have brought. It is a game with code back from the early 2000, yet they have made it so much user-friendly, and they continue to improve on that aspect. However, many features that are considered "baseline" for online games are absent from PSO2. Hotfixing such "small" problems is one. Another is that we miss chat when in a loading screen (Sirius-91 had explained in another thread why). Re-joining a quest after a disconnection is also a baseline feature in nearly every other online game. Data streaming for future updates while playing instead of waiting for login servers to be turned on. etc. I don't want to turn it into a rant, but PSO2's design seems to be much much closer to that of a single player game with online capabilities than a truly online game. And problems like this, where they have to go offline to recompile the entire game code just because 0.0001% of it was changed are definitely not something that serious game company should tolerate.
    I enjoyed reading this and 100% agree with everything you said. We can only hope Sega doesnt use the same current everything for PSO3 and actually upgrade, learn from past mistakes and get what current MMOs are doing as a standard for themselves. This long maintenance didnt need to happen twice because realistically they should have done all options with this ability (aka the unit this time) during the first maintenance to catch it, you know 2 birds one stone, avoid any unwanted down time again
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Ceresa View Post
    Can't wait for the backlash on this one.

http://pso2.jp/players/news/23211/

Anyone who logged in since the last non-emergency maint gets

Affix +100% and full set of elegant boosters.

Everyone also gets Affix +40% x2, Erebos 50, SG 50, 2019 Badge 50, Tri 100 x2
    Last edited by Ceresa; Jan 25, 2019 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceresa View Post
    http://pso2.jp/players/news/23211/

Anyone who logged in since the last non-emergency maint gets

Affix +100% and full set of elegant boosters.

Everyone also gets Affix +40% x2, Erebos 50, SG 50, 2019 Badge 50, Tri 100 x2
    Is it for anyone who logged on or anybody that dealt with that affix cause I came on today and didn't get anything. I've been on pretty often. Or is this gonna be distributed at a later date.
    『Founder of the Church of Bah-Rehst』

If you were logged in between 1/23 16:45 - 1/25 18:00 JST, you will get it (That would be 1/23 3:15 EST/ 12:45 PST - 1/25 4 AM EST/1AM PST).

After it, you only get the consolation compensation.
    Last edited by Lyrise; Jan 25, 2019 at 03:30 PM.

Guess I missed that too then. Game went down right when I was about to log in.
    Yaayyyyyyyy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Suirano View Post
    Guess I missed that too then. Game went down right when I was about to log in.
    Yaayyyyyyyy.....
    I think site says items will be given out later

Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX View Post
    I think site says items will be given out later
    Oh? Well that is good. I know I was on for hours during that time frame and was wondering why I didn't see anything.

http://pso2.jp/players/news/23212/

Update: The PSO2 team received a ton of user feedback regarding the Affix 100% + Grace Set compensation since it will affect the game balance as a whole, so they're re-evaluating the compensation. I think it'll most likely be cancelled and replaced by something else (again, this is user feedback that is driving this).

(Also, the market was pretty much held hostage by the really rich as soon as they made their first announcement).