Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I have infamously come to Sega's defense several times, but they are really on a roll with these glitches now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    World of Warcraft had less downtime when upgrading server hardware 10 years ago!

That's what I think is the main issue: Not that problems exist, but that a small problem makes the entire game unavailable for everyone.
    Since, the affixing system involves the use of items bought with real money (add ability items like Grace Power, ability 50% boosts, ability protection items, etc.), I would argue that the affixing system not working as intended is not a small problem.

Given WoW's rather spotty history with game glitches, I am surprised that they are compared to PSO2 supposedly favorably. However, it seems true that PSO2 does not support hotfixes like WoW does.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

Quote Originally Posted by quickasker View Post
    2019/1/25 20:00更新
    現在実施しております緊急メンテナンスにつきまして、続報をお知らせいたします。
    緊急メンテナンス終了予定日時2019年1月26日(土)3:00
    お待ちいただいている皆様には誠に申し訳ございませんが、メンテナンス終了告知があるまではゲームサーバー への接続を行わずにお待ちくださいますよう、お願いいたします。
    また、2019年1月25日(金)5:00~2019年1月26日(土)5:00までの間に、受注可能な方 でアルティメットクエスト「領域調査:異世界の残滓」をクリアできなかった方に対して、クリアできなかった 分の討伐回数を2019年2月中に追加させていただきます。
    皆様には大変ご迷惑をおかけいたしますことをお詫び申し上げます。

it's till 3AM JST
    lol me and my big mouth lol... I honestly was just kidding but oh well guess we have to wait.... zzzz

Quote Originally Posted by Loveless62 View Post
    Since, the affixing system involves the use of items bought with real money (add ability items like Grace Power, ability 50% boosts, ability protection items, etc.), I would argue that the affixing system not working as intended is not a small problem.
    By "small" I didn't mean the impact on real cash, effort by players etc, but in the amount of code that would have to be rewritten, retested and redeployed. While I am not a programming guru, I am near 100% certain that the problem is that there was an incorrect operator sign when calculating affix chance (as in, they incorrectly used - instead of +) without it impacting however the information laid to the user. I have seen it before, I have done it myself before, and I am seeing it right now in the commercial app that we use at the company I work for: It correctly removes quantities written of as defective on each item page, but it incorrectly adds it to the stock on the month review page (so removing stuff as defective are incorrectly added to the total as imports). I have reported it since 3 years ago, but the management doesn't take action because we work around it.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveless62 View Post
    Given WoW's rather spotty history with game glitches, I am surprised that they are compared to PSO2 supposedly favorably. However, it seems true that PSO2 does not support hotfixes like WoW does.
    Don't get me wrong, I hate WoW for what it has become, but nonetheless I acknowledge the effort of the engineers and the results those have brought. It is a game with code back from the early 2000, yet they have made it so much user-friendly, and they continue to improve on that aspect. However, many features that are considered "baseline" for online games are absent from PSO2. Hotfixing such "small" problems is one. Another is that we miss chat when in a loading screen (Sirius-91 had explained in another thread why). Re-joining a quest after a disconnection is also a baseline feature in nearly every other online game. Data streaming for future updates while playing instead of waiting for login servers to be turned on. etc. I don't want to turn it into a rant, but PSO2's design seems to be much much closer to that of a single player game with online capabilities than a truly online game. And problems like this, where they have to go offline to recompile the entire game code just because 0.0001% of it was changed are definitely not something that serious game company should tolerate.

By "small" I didn't mean the impact on real cash, effort by players etc, but in the amount of code that would have to be rewritten, retested and redeployed. While I am not a programming guru, I am near 100% certain that the problem is that there was an incorrect operator sign when calculating affix chance (as in, they incorrectly used - instead of +) without it impacting however the information laid to the user. I have seen it before, I have done it myself before, and I am seeing it right now in the commercial app that we use at the company I work for: It correctly removes quantities written of as defective on each item page, but it incorrectly adds it to the stock on the month review page (so removing stuff as defective are incorrectly added to the total as imports). I have reported it since 3 years ago, but the management doesn't take action because we work around it..
    Doc, speak english.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX View Post
    Doc, speak english.
    "Woops, I accidentally typed to deduct 5% instead of add 5% when the new affix is on the unit. Let's just take the servers down for 8 hours because we did not create the game to make it easy to change such things while the servers are running"

"Woops, I accidentally typed to deduct 5% instead of add 5% when the new affix is on the unit. Let's just take the servers down for 8 hours because we did not create the game to make it easy to change such things while the servers are running"
    For the second time

Lets hope within these emergency maint hours they are able to fix other bugs as well and not oops .. eh .. we need a third emergency maint

cause that be frustrating
    Last edited by TakemiShinnosuke; Jan 25, 2019 at 09:20 AM.

What's the better run to do if leveling a 69/60 character today with Engulfed by Shadow LQ coming up: Shadow LQ or The chaotic City one?

Should've just put a PSA announcement about the affix not working correctly, and also an ingame mail to all players akin to the pso2 station etc. announcement mails they do, essentially washing their hands of any responsibility this week giving them until next actual maintenance to fix it.. Anybody who lost millions of meseta or grace items etc.after an annoucement and notification explicitly mentioning it as bugged and not working would deserve to lose it. Really though they should've just disabled it from being able to be affixed or something like which is probably possible on a backend change akin to the mother/deus triggers being disabled without maint.

Cheapgunner > Engulfed by Shadow should be the faster one.

Atmius > I actually don't know what they will give out as compensation. A lot of people have lost valuable items like slot protectors so a simple triboost is not going to cut it.
    Oserez-vous percer le mystère de la malédiction ?
    www.hinamizawa.fr