Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    What took them so long?
    99% they forgot about it and just remembered after accidentally found it in the archive while looking for something else.

triggers so you have to rely on rng or paying too much for 1 rematch run.. amazing design choices by sega yet again

Well there's a sound anti-trigger argument. Why not both? :/

There is no real solution to this:
    Rematch: (a) forces you to wait till x:30, (b) requires to have completed the base version first
    Trigger: (a) requires to find others who are willing to join at the time you decide to initiate it (which is harder than just finding 11 peeps through automatching for pre-scheduled EQs), (b) cannot be initiated as often as the accompanying EQ, because that would require for the game to drop 1 trigger per 12 people at least.

If you want my elitist suggestion:
    - Rematches should be included as a seperate difficulty under XH (and soon after UH) as "Expert Hard". This means that Rematches should count as running the scheduled version, with a twist: EQs that can be run multiple times (for example Yamato) can either be run 1 time on Expert Hard only (and blocking a 2nd run on any difficulty) and conversely running the EQ on N - XH should block a 2nd run on Expert Hard (but would continue to allow a 2nd run on N-XH).
    - They should be explicitly password locked. ie, no automatching, no being able to join a Rematch run because someone else opened a room. Everyone who should be able to join a Rematch run should have received the password of the room from the quest opener (or an invitation). This by extension means that everyone in a Rematch run has the explicit approval of the room opener for their presence, therefore absolute 0 validity on "qq randoms are bad".
    - (Optional) Players should be eligible to open or join a Rematch run only if they have unlocked Expert requirements and are 90/90.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    There is no real solution to this:
    Rematch: (a) forces you to wait till x:30, (b) requires to have completed the base version first
    Trigger: (a) requires to find others who are willing to join at the time you decide to initiate it (which is harder than just finding 11 peeps through automatching for pre-scheduled EQs), (b) cannot be initiated as often as the accompanying EQ, because that would require for the game to drop 1 trigger per 12 people at least.

If you want my elitist suggestion:
    - Rematches should be included as a seperate difficulty under XH (and soon after UH) as "Expert Hard". This means that Rematches should count as running the scheduled version, with a twist: EQs that can be run multiple times (for example Yamato) can either be run 1 time on Expert Hard only (and blocking a 2nd run on any difficulty) and conversely running the EQ on N - XH should block a 2nd run on Expert Hard (but would continue to allow a 2nd run on N-XH).
    - They should be explicitly password locked. ie, no automatching, no being able to join a Rematch run because someone else opened a room. Everyone who should be able to join a Rematch run should have received the password of the room from the quest opener (or an invitation). This by extension means that everyone in a Rematch run has the explicit approval of the room opener for their presence, therefore absolute 0 validity on "qq randoms are bad".
    - (Optional) Players should be eligible to open or join a Rematch run only if they have unlocked Expert requirements and are 90/90.
    honestly introduce another Expert Req Quest to be able to do these quests (what you're suggesting) that actually take skill, something that isnt the bs XQ 4man pass into expert block because people couldnt do the solo version so that it filters out the lazy people who got carried through this
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Fuck yeah Nanoha. The real "what took them so long?" collab.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    honestly introduce another Expert Req Quest to be able to do these quests (what you're suggesting) that actually take skill, something that isnt the bs XQ 4man pass into expert block because people couldnt do the solo version so that it filters out the lazy people who got carried through this
    if by lazy you mean the filthy casuals then yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by TakemiShinnosuke View Post
    if by lazy you mean the filthy casuals then yeah.
    Its exactly what i mean but then you have the casuals coming out the wood works complaining about Elitists as usual because of a skill gap they refuse to close by you know, getting good
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

There is a sort of "hypocrisy" in the Expert requirements and the general design of the game's hard content: Is it supposed to be a solo game where others are simply online, or is it supposed to be a multiplayer experience where you need to coordinate with others?

If it's a solo game with others online, then why create any non solo content? And for hard solo content (like the new UQ), why would Expert requirements exist?

If it's a multiplayer experience, then why is there nearly 0 inter-player interaction in 12/12 mpas? Seriously, the only time someone may perform something out of their action list is to use a Moon on someone else. Even TE's will rarely cast a buff unless it is about to expire on themselves. And in this case, shouldn't the requirements for hard multiplayer content be something that proves a player can work well in a group and not solo? Shouldn't the reason of grouping be that 12 players combined have significant more power / higher performance output than 12 players individually?

I think I've veered way off-topic and into a rant, though I do believe it's an interesting discussion on player philosophy and interaction.

Its exactly what i mean but then you have the casuals coming out the wood works complaining about Elitists as usual because of a skill gap they refuse to close by you know, getting good
    well thats the planet earth we live in right .. everyone complains lol..

btw reading the posts , I can only say this.. there is content for everyone in this game.. some hardcore content and some not .
    That said we do what we like cause its just a game not work where you have to follow the boss lol
    Last edited by TakemiShinnosuke; Jan 28, 2019 at 07:34 AM.