Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

The problem with expert requirement is it's a permanent, static requirement towards this progressive game. You get better gears time to time, and the requirements feel easier as time to goes by. This is good for literally new players who just got in, but makes it easier and easier for the leechers or simply undergeared players of that time. Making the requirement progressive might make it harder to the new players, though it's still make it easier to the end-game leechers. It's a tough situation for sega themselves. They really have to make it in the middle and it's not an easy job to do when it comes to balancing random public players towards a single goal.

To be honest the expert pug is still way better than normal pug, though it's not that much to hope for. At least I'm pretty sure any of you would notice that if you tick the expert off, it's almost a nightmare compare to when you don't turn it on. Yeah you can get bad luck to one or two pug mpas, but that's the best you can get for a pug. From what I see, sega has paid enough attention about this.

Okay, so you're expecting sega to come up with a better solution.., but the solution has been always there in the very beginning of the game; make an organized run. It's pretty much what echofaith said, there is nothing more optimized, than the one that you or someone else tightly control towards the same goal, say fast run. It's the only solution. it's only logical to say that real "expert" mpa is the one that you can manually build to what you wish for.

There is no silver bullet for a public game if you want a good run. It's public and you'll always meet any kind of player. If you're lazy to organize, then this is the cost that you always have to pay. In fact, in any game.

Edit: Just realized, how the hell can the trigger issue becomes expert issue. I didn't read.
    Last edited by SteveCZ; Jan 28, 2019 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ View Post
    The problem with expert requirement is it's a permanent, static requirement towards this progressive game. You get better gears time to time, and the requirements feel easier as time to goes by. This is good for literally new players who just got in, but makes it easier and easier for the leechers or simply undergeared players of that time. Making the requirement progressive might make it harder to the new players, though it's still make it easier to the end-game leechers. It's a tough situation for sega themselves. They really have to make it in the middle and it's not an easy job to do when it comes to balancing random public players towards a single goal.

To be honest the expert pug is still way better than normal pug, though it's not that much to hope for. At least I'm pretty sure any of you would notice that if you tick the expert off, it's almost a nightmare compare to when you don't turn it on. Yeah you can get bad luck to one or two pug mpas, but that's the best you can get for a pug. From what I see, sega has paid enough attention about this.

Okay, so you're expecting sega to come up with a better solution.., but the solution has been always there in the very beginning of the game; make an organized run. It's pretty much what echofaith said, there is nothing more optimized, than the one that you or someone else tightly control towards the same goal, say fast run. It's the only solution. it's only logical to say that real "expert" mpa is the one that you can manually build to what you wish for.

There is no silver bullet for a public game if you want a good run. It's public and you'll always meet any kind of player. If you're lazy to organize, then this is the cost that you always have to pay. In fact, in any game.

Edit: Just realized, how the hell can the trigger issue becomes expert issue. I didn't read.
    It shouldn't be some huge chore to update the expert requirements throughout the year, especially when they release plenty of content that facilitates it.

Since solo extreme came out in March(which honestly is still a perfectly fine wall for expert, it's the group one that fucks it up) they've had solo endless titles, masquerade, and now mother/deus triggers to pull from for reqs.

The only things that need to be tested are, can you dps, and can you not die, clearing any of those with S Rank is a pretty good indicator for both, and it shows that you can adapt to a variety of content and have the necessary gear.

On-topic they should probably just have triggers and rematch. It also irritates me that they're basically dripfeeding the same fucking mission and the 100+ kills or so prior to the trigger existing are all wasted kills for trigger/rematch chances. Just fucking release them both on day 1.

Honestly, you don't even need 200 atk on each unit and an 8s 15* to pull your weight in an mpa. Just put in a minimum effort on affixes and be more active in raids and one can do decent enough damage. My units only have a little over 100 apiece on them and my atra rifle's build is a little memey, but I consistently manage 25m-30m damage in a persona mpa, which isn't exactly winning me any awards, but pretty good considering how many I see doing sub-10m against him. :T

I've come to accept pso2 for the kinda game it is, so I don't really log on to challenge myself or anything. Just a casual time-waster to distract me from life for a bit. I get the occasional shitty mpa, but eh, not the worst thing.
    FiliaMortis * SARA-013 * Kiyoko * Akane * Vikky * Mei * Alicia * Ophelia

Mattykins - Ship 02

Maybe Sega should experiment with a solo-EQ mode instead of rematches and triggers: Enter the EQ entirely solo, with adjusted enemy stats of course, so that you can no longer complain about non-performing party members.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

deus and atrum rematches stunk because of the combination of the failure condition coupled with the limited time aspect of EQs.
    yamato rematch not having a failure condition beyond "ur 2 slo" was ok by my book, but they could only guarantee that there since reBoat is explicitly just the AIS segment.

rematch triggers stink because their drop rates are simply way too low for what they are; if anything they should practically be quest clear rewards for the main eq.

being able to play the game on your own time, or in the timeframe your static's schedules line up, is a good thing imo; so im pro quest trigger myself. it's the acquisition methods for them that still leave more to be desired, and that's about all of the anti quest trigger arguments im seeing here.
    Honestly the only true fix for any of this would be a complete re-evaluation of every quest in the game I'd say, to more firmly establish what each type of quest is supposed to be about in terms of progression and/or playstyle. but something like that is never going to happen hahaha

EDIT: Expert is only really called that to make people who don't have it unlocked feel better about themselves; in reality it feels more like a PSO2 Literacy Test, to see if you know enough of the basics like "13* or higher weapons are good" and "at least equip these sub/stellar wall+10s so you dont die as easily" and "if you're having trouble with phanatical/terran phantoms, ask other players for help, you might learn something from them? I guess?"

all expert is really doing is separating out the people who are extremely not paying attention to anything in this game, which makes a fairly big difference considering the horrors I've seen doing what I call "community service" (playing with expert off)
    most of ya'lls complaints are stuff I still hear in other games that actually do have stricter matching systems. no matter what you do, randos will find a way to get through it and be bad at the game.
    and I doubt they can really do anything more strict than this due to how much the block system is holding them back at this point. multi-block matching wasn't a good solution because even that cannot match you up with a not-full MPA that is in a full block. Premium space mucks that up even harder, say if you start your own MPA of something in a populated block, and the block enters premium space before you fill up, well now nobody without premium can multi-block into your instance.

tldr: Coupling the player availability limitations of the lobby/block system and the limited time restrictions of emergency quests really make up for a whole lot of the issues being discussed in here
    Last edited by Zorak000; Jan 29, 2019 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    Some of us complained about this a long time ago and the casuals made such a dam uproar about expert reqs that sega caved in and made it too easy to relax them.

When end game gear is tied to TIME GATED content and runs that normally average times on lets say Persona (7-12mins) (org runs are under 5mins) and an mpa is taking 15mins+, some of get kinda irritated because we multi ship to get more chances at said drops. You dont even need to be a hardcore player to be multi shipping because the end goal is to get the gear we need asap because we got other things to play/do and would rather have more chances at something than one measly run then complain about no drops. So ya i would take 3-4 Persona runs over a 15-20min run because i wanna have "fun" which if i wasnt having with this game i wouldnt be playing it still.

You dont need to have no life either to make the scheduled EQs, i know plenty of people that make scheduled times with 40hr+ work weeks and your usual College lifestyles, its all excuses in the end and if you just feel so frustrated by it then may consider playing something else.
    Good for you if it works out for you and for people you know. Doesn't for me because the EQs are usually scheduled when I am at work, at least during the week. Tell me then how this should work out when
    EQs are scheduled at like 1 pm, 3pm, 5pm, 7pm my time while I work from 9am to 7pm. And when I'm home there is only one more scheduled EQ at like 11pm which is then not always the EQ that I need.
    So I don't really make any excuses, I just CAN'T do it. Why would I even bother, this is just a game (at least to me) and I don't need to excuse to anybody because I can't spend as much time in a game, as I "should", just to keep up.

I am also not frustrated with the game, I wonder where you got that from. The fact that I sometimes find it hard to keep up with this does not equal frustration.
    I probably just need a little more time and everything is fine. No frustration involved here.
    I'm mostly tired of the fact that the community here is so full of people who constantly shit on other people that are not as awesome as they are themselves. All I hear is DPS here, DPS there. And then people, including you too, are throwing comments out like "Oh, if you don't use Chain Trigger on Gunner, you should just quit with that class", because god forbid someone plays differently than you.

For myself, while I still try to keep up with everything I can, even with limited time (even if you don't believe me, I don't care), I'm seeing myself as an casual player and feel like one too, so we will probably never be on the same opinion on any of these things.

Main Characters:
    Karen Erra FI/ET 95 • Myuria PH 95 • Lady Harken BR/ET 95
    Raya GU/ET 95 • Anyusha Iljin LU 95 • 鈴来アイカ SU/PH 95
    ディスコルディア・「χ」ET 95 • Melody HR 95 • and more

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    being able to play the game on your own time, or in the timeframe your static's schedules line up, is a good thing imo; so im pro quest trigger myself. it's the acquisition methods for them that still leave more to be desired, and that's about all of the anti quest trigger arguments im seeing here.
    Honestly the only true fix for any of this would be a complete re-evaluation of every quest in the game I'd say, to more firmly establish what each type of quest is supposed to be about in terms of progression and/or playstyle. but something like that is never going to happen hahaha
    I really like this part and wanted to expand on it. Allowing players to play at their leisure without having to set up their alarm clock would be a step forward in the sense that the case of "gathering enough people" for an mpa would fall on the players themselves, and not on Sega's time schedule. It would enhance cooperation and improve the community. The only players that object to this, as almost every other game forum has shown, are those who do not like to communicate and who do not like to have to cooperate.

I also support the idea of redesigning the reward system, so that not everything you need drops in 1-2 parts of the game out of all 30ish that can exist. No matter how "rare" an event can be, it should not be the best place to earn rare equipment, the best exp/min content, the best excube dropper, the best place to gather fodder, and the best place to gather meseta, all at the same time. It simply devalues and makes obsolete the rest of the content. How many people run Advance quests? Challenge mode? Buster Quest? Riding Quest? I am not saying to go the opposite situation and require full clears of all content types to be able to progress. But it would be nice if we had more variety in featured quests and Faina's orders. Rebalancing quest rewards could help here as well (Lottie, Lubert, Io, the weather guy, Girard, and Alis COs have so low rewards that it's pretty much worthless to go and pick those when they do not even have a 100% chance of completing).

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    tldr: Coupling the player availability limitations of the lobby/block system and the limited time restrictions of emergency quests really make up for a whole lot of the issues being discussed in here
    The block system is again one of the major flaws of the game which enhance my point that they did not really design the game as a multiplayer activity at heart. The fact that games released 10 years before PSO2 have included dynamic sharding in quest areas is proof that Sega either intentionally did not design the game to support it, or they keep it that way because it's a source of Premium accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Erra View Post
    Good for you if it works out for you and for people you know. Doesn't for me because the EQs are usually scheduled when I am at work, at least during the week. Tell me then how this should work out when
    EQs are scheduled at like 1 pm, 3pm, 5pm, 7pm my time while I work from 9am to 7pm. And when I'm home there is only one more scheduled EQ at like 11pm which is then not always the EQ that I need.
    So I don't really make any excuses, I just CAN'T do it. Why would I even bother, this is just a game (at least to me) and I don't need to excuse to anybody because I can't spend as much time in a game, as I "should", just to keep up.

I am also not frustrated with the game, I wonder where you got that from. The fact that I sometimes find it hard to keep up with this does not equal frustration.
    I probably just need a little more time and everything is fine. No frustration involved here.
    I'm mostly tired of the fact that the community here is so full of people who constantly shit on other people that are not as awesome as they are themselves. All I hear is DPS here, DPS there. And then people, including you too, are throwing comments out like "Oh, if you don't use Chain Trigger on Gunner, you should just quit with that class", because god forbid someone plays differently than you.

For myself, while I still try to keep up with everything I can, even with limited time (even if you don't believe me, I don't care), I'm seeing myself as an casual player and feel like one too, so we will probably never be on the same opinion on any of these things.
    I mean if you want to gimp yourself by playing GU that way because muh playstyle instead of playing it how it was intended then by all means, be that special snowflake and max out R atk skills and do nothing but SRoll Arts on everything, wonder why you cant complete content or do it in a timely manner because you decided to do this. As for the eq scheds, dont know what to say besides go and play something else youll enjoy because you seem to be not happy on how sega sets times to run content

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Maybe Sega should experiment with a solo-EQ mode instead of rematches and triggers: Enter the EQ entirely solo, with adjusted enemy stats of course, so that you can no longer complain about non-performing party members.
    I wouldnt mind this
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Jan 29, 2019 at 06:27 PM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Another thread of blame everyone else cause too lazy to form a team for TMPAs instead of just using it for its tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen Erra View Post
    ~snip
    Here's my common schedule in yesterday's example:

And it doesn't stop me to have my Lightstream and stuff, spending no real money besides premium but 100-200 mil meseta for scratch goods in players shop.

And about gunner: I leveled it on the Christmas EQ and learn one thing NO CT - NO DPS