Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    While Hero is mostly Sword-based, it can also use TMGs and Talis (all of which act different on Hero).

Hero has a skill, Hero Will, that is like Hunter's Iron Will (when you take lethal damage, have a chance to survive with 1HP), but instead of having a 75% chance to proc every time you take lethal damage, it will proc with a 100% rate only the first time you take lethal damage; at lv85, Hero has access to the skill Hero Refresh that will allow you to re-up Hero Will if it has already been proced.

Hero is a good, well rounded class that has smooth, easy to grasp gameplay that can still take skill to master, but it is no longer the be-all-end-all that it was when they first released it thanks to the various balances that have been done to the other classes since then.

Also, just to note, when Episode 6 is released, the unlock condition for Hero will simply be get any 2 classes to lv75.
    Thank you Anduril for making a much simpler version of what I said. I genuinely mean that, btw. Also thank you for including things I forgot to add or wasn't even aware of.

I will go on the entirely other end and suggest that you try and play whatever class combo you find interesting as a concept. 90%+ of the game is soloable with even the least performing combinations (like Gunslash Te/Gu). Failing EQ or other MPA quests is nearly impossible; it just takes longer depending on how un-optimally the group plays.

I would suggest following metas only if you like to participate in cutting-edge content, like the newly released solo UQ or boss triggers, or intending to play with Expert mode groups. Or if you like timed runs.

As for end-game content, I don't think it can be defined easily in PSO2. The part of the game that currently drops the "best" equipment is Persona EQ, and that definitely does not belong to the difficult portion of the game. There are also ways to farm equipment that is at the same levels (or better/worse depending on build) which do not rely on EQs but on pure RNG and farming Limited Quests and other active campaigns.

Thanks for all the replies peeps. The game update is taking an age to download. I'm guessing there's a cap on download speed as I'm on 400mb internet and I'm barely past 6500/73719 files downloaded

Renvalt:

When I left game I thought all 3 main classes had to be capped. Has that changed now?

Swords, mechs and talis seems like such an odd combo for a class type to utilize.

With regards to point 8 - so if you subbed as HU you still get iron will but the Hero ability acts as a guaranteed back up if Iron Will doesn't activate? Hmm nevermind sorry you just said you can't equip a subclass whilst as Hero.

So speaking plainly, what are the real disadvantages to Hero class?

Anduril:

You said there's a Hero Refresh to this ability. Is it something within a skill tree? Is there some sort of penalty for enabling it?

Dark Mits:

I agree, I kinda want to go with the class that I feel suits me best. I used to love Force and they felt quite OP on SCHT PSO and PSU. But after several nerfs in the early days of PSO2 I struggled to find my nieche with Forces afterwards.

I used to do an RP style character using knuckles and claws - I'm not sure what class compliments that best? I used to run HU main but I'm not sure what works best as a subclass.

Also sticking to knuckles and claws sometimes left me struggling to keep up with groups during EQ's and LQ's etc when people were rushing ahead.

Tifa
    Desktop - Intel i7 6700K 4.0 Ghz, Nvidia 1080 GTX Founders Edition, 16GB 3000 Mhz DDR4 RAM, Samsung 49" CHG 90 UltraWide HDR QLED Gaming Monitor

Laptop - Intel i7 2.8 Ghz (IvyBridge), ATI 7970 2 GB, 16 GB (1866 Mhz) DDR RAM, 17" Display

Quote Originally Posted by AOI_Tifa_Lockhart View Post
    ~snip~

Tifa
    There has been no change in the Hero unlock conditions since its release: 1 Melee (Hu/Fi/Bo), 1 Ranged (Ra/Gu/Br), and 1 Tech (Fo/Te/Su) class to lv75. This will change with Ep6 to just be any two classes to lv75, however.

Hero's biggest disadvantage is that one of its biggest multipliers takes a full minute to reach full power and can be lost when you take too much damage; essentially, if you get hit too much, you lose out on damage, but if you can easily dodge and get counters off, you will be good.

Hero Refresh is a skill that unlocks when you hit lv85 as a Hero; it doesn't require any SP, but you still need to make sure you enable it from the Class Counter. Also, it is a subpalette skill that re-ups (as mentioned) Hero Will, fully heals you, and gives you a bonus to Hero Boost, but it has a 300 second cooldown and uses up 50% of your Gear Gauge (at full Gauge, you can activate Hero Time, which is like Katana Combat, complete with its own finisher, so it is a balance of trying to do max damage in the short term or over a longer period of time).

For the best damage multipliers, HU works best with a FI subclass, but for a "tankier" build (geared more toward soloing rather than being in MPAs), you can go with Summoner since it has good general damage multiplier and Stat Up skills that don't require the use of Pets and even has its own personal version of Weak Bullet, Point Assist.
    Also, if you were using Knuckles, then you were likely playing as a FI already (or you were using all-class Knuckles as a Hu/Fi), since that is the class that can use them.

I would say that the best thing you can do is just play around with classes when you get back on to see what fits you best; the balances (like the general movement buffs) that have been made make it easy for most "meta" combos to keep up in MPA content.
    Last edited by Anduril; Feb 12, 2019 at 09:10 PM.

So I hammered out 5 days solid on PSO2. I started off with trying the Tifa style Fi/Hu but I wasn't really feeling it in all honesty. The severe lack of range became irksome rather quickly.Instead I opted for a female cast ranger for the decent AOE and single target damage. I spammed the bejesus out of the previous LQ and got my main and sub to level 75. I was looking forward to sampling what XH difficulty had to offer, but I was left a little dismayed to be honest.

Is it just a poor memory or did XH difficulty used to be a lot easier? I joined 1 game of the latest LQ in the Urban level and it felt like a raid from other MMO's. Stupidly buffed enemy HP and stats and it slowed the progression of the quest to an absolute crawl. Some of the bosses took an unimaginable amount of damage before they died. I know this gameplay style forces teamwork, but the jump in difficulty between SH and XH on the LQ seems a little mind boggling. I mean you can happily take on a mob of enemies on SH and if you're quick and strong enough you can dispatch them with ease. But on XH? You might as well be attacking these enemies with a plastic sword. It feels like the gameplay suddenly grinds to a hault. Whereas all the other difficulties 12 player quests feel like a race to the finish, the XH variant felt like an unbearable sluggish pace due to seemingly neverending enemy hit points.

If an XH 12 player game was run with people who had decent/excellent equipment would it still feel like your typical raid? Where progress is slow and enemies are picked off in small batches rather than diving head first into a mob on SH quests and usually coming out alright?

I'm aiming to get to level 90 on both this weekend, although with the huge jump in exp required to level up after level 75 I don't really feel like client orders are of any use anymore unless I'm running the daily orders for the boosts or the event CO's to get badges or other items. At the same time however, spamming LQ's is burning out my enjoyment of the game.

I feel stuck in a bit of a limbo to tell the truth. I tend to play solo and yet at this level now I'm finding almost every quest I play I'm finding too easy. The level 20 L/Slow Dive Roll ring feels like a bit of a game breaker tbh. With a little practice and enough concentration you're basically impervious to any attack. Although the Launcher L/L Non Weak Bonus ring is also a bit overkill, but I prefer to prioritise survivability over all out damage. I will try the skill tree dive roll invulnerability extension to see if that would enable the Non Weak Bonus ring to be taken over the Slow Dive Roll. Having the best of both worlds would be nice, and being able to simply aim in the general direction of an enemy and dish out more damage without aiming for specific parts would make the game a lot easier...possibly too easy.

Anyways, I digress - back to my current in game limbo. The AOE damage of the launcher which is regularly dishing out 20-60k per hit along with the boss destroying damage and ludicrous duration of the Sphere Eraser PA when used with over 200 PP. I used to prioritise weak bullet followed by End Attract or Satellite Cannon, but the almost instantaneous Sphere Eraser PA along with it's mesmerising duration make it far more appealing in terms of my gameplay style and also how it looks visually.

However, with this in mind the difficulty curve has sort of levelled out for solo quests that I've encountered. Yet the XH big party games feels like all these OP abilities and SH and solo quest ability counts for almost nothing on XH when an enemy or boss will happily use up your entire PP worth on powerful photon arts and still be alive.

Another issue I seem to be faced with is gaming outside of the 90% of so in game time spent playing solo. When I'm in a party I enjoy playing for hours on end, either relentlessly spamming a quest or going for a variety of different quests and activities. It seems most groups aren't very talkative, or they leave after a couple or runs or as soon as an EQ is finished. It seems like a lot of quests are overlooked outside of EQ's, LQ's and Daily Order quests. Considering the amount of variety in game modes and quest types, why does it feel like most of the playerbase is fixated on such an obtuse portion of the game?

Ah well, I'll keep on at it I suppose. Although I do feel like I'm close to burning out on PSO2 and I'm trying to find alternative quests and things to do in an attempt to revitalise my interest in the game.

Tifa
    Desktop - Intel i7 6700K 4.0 Ghz, Nvidia 1080 GTX Founders Edition, 16GB 3000 Mhz DDR4 RAM, Samsung 49" CHG 90 UltraWide HDR QLED Gaming Monitor

Laptop - Intel i7 2.8 Ghz (IvyBridge), ATI 7970 2 GB, 16 GB (1866 Mhz) DDR RAM, 17" Display

Is it just a poor memory or did XH difficulty used to be a lot easier? I joined 1 game of the latest LQ in the Urban level and it felt like a raid from other MMO's. Stupidly buffed enemy HP and stats and it slowed the progression of the quest to an absolute crawl. Some of the bosses took an unimaginable amount of damage before they died.
    XH hasn't been made tougher, but the enemies that spawn in newer content have more HP than enemies of Episodes 1 through 4. And at the same time, they have more aggressive attacks. This HP sponges exist exactly to promote partying up and not just blind soloing, unless you belong to the best of the cream (like those who reached 70million at Endless). With enough party members, even XH Limited Quest has you trying to catch up to the rest if you try to collect everything that drops.

I'm aiming to get to level 90 on both this weekend, although with the huge jump in exp required to level up after level 75 I don't really feel like client orders are of any use anymore unless I'm running the daily orders for the boosts or the event CO's to get badges or other items. At the same time however, spamming LQ's is burning out my enjoyment of the game.
    Don't rush it because you'll just get burnt out. Just level at your own pace. There is no content currently as far as I know that requires you to be higher than 80/80 except Specter of Destruction XH which requires 85/85 I think?

I feel stuck in a bit of a limbo to tell the truth. I tend to play solo and yet at this level now I'm finding almost every quest I play I'm finding too easy.
    First you say XH LQ is too hard and slow, now you say it's too easy? Make up your mind On a serious note, there is no "hard" ARKS Quest or Free Field if you are levelled up enough. If you are still 75, you may find challenge in Naberius Forest XH, Volcano Caves XH, Coast XH and Enchanted Forest SH (not XH), where enemies do not instakill you, but do not die in one hit either. They're slightly stronger versions of enemies at +50 Risk SH Advance.

but I prefer to prioritize survivability over all out damage.
    Anything that doesn't kill a 5000HP Hunter with Massive Hunter, TE's Deband, Party L-ring and RINA R-ring, and 25% from All Resist, will not kill a 500HP Fo/Te with enemy WB on them. Hyperbole, but damage in PSO2 is not really on a curve. It's either something that you ignore entirely because of autoheals (S4 gunslash OP), or something that instakills you unless you actively avoid it.

Another issue I seem to be faced with is gaming outside of the 90% of so in game time spent playing solo. When I'm in a party I enjoy playing for hours on end, either relentlessly spamming a quest or going for a variety of different quests and activities. It seems most groups aren't very talkative, or they leave after a couple or runs or as soon as an EQ is finished. It seems like a lot of quests are overlooked outside of EQ's, LQ's and Daily Order quests. Considering the amount of variety in game modes and quest types, why does it feel like most of the playerbase is fixated on such an obtuse portion of the game?
    This isn't PSO2 specific, it permiates literally every game with automatching content. Every game that allows you to just jump in the action without requiring any community interaction is 99%+ full with players who treat you like an NPC. It's up to you to form friendships in game and play with them.
    Last edited by Dark Mits; Feb 21, 2019 at 04:48 PM.

Is it just a poor memory or did XH difficulty used to be a lot easier? I joined 1 game of the latest LQ in the Urban level and it felt like a raid from other MMO's. Stupidly buffed enemy HP and stats and it slowed the progression of the quest to an absolute crawl. Some of the bosses took an unimaginable amount of damage before they died. I know this gameplay style forces teamwork, but the jump in difficulty between SH and XH on the LQ seems a little mind boggling. I mean you can happily take on a mob of enemies on SH and if you're quick and strong enough you can dispatch them with ease. But on XH? You might as well be attacking these enemies with a plastic sword. It feels like the gameplay suddenly grinds to a hault. Whereas all the other difficulties 12 player quests feel like a race to the finish, the XH variant felt like an unbearable sluggish pace due to seemingly neverending enemy hit points.

If an XH 12 player game was run with people who had decent/excellent equipment would it still feel like your typical raid? Where progress is slow and enemies are picked off in small batches rather than diving head first into a mob on SH quests and usually coming out alright?
    Are you aware that the game has "expert" MPAs now? If they were around when you played before, are you aware that the requirements for being an expert changed? Yes, XH mobs have a lot more HP than SH mobs, but, in expert MPAs, XH mobs still get cut down pretty quickly.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

Have you even attempted the solo XQ yet? Or the 4 man version which are required for the Expert matching. Do the solo one first, guranteed youll be frustrated but happy once you clear it, if not get some people and do the 4man version or solo it, theyre both essentially the same except stage 3: Phaleg on solo, Fang/Snow Banshee/Banther all 4 at the same time which isnt as bad as it sounds. Just a suggestion for something to do and to get off non expert mpas unless thats your thing.

I wouldnt say 70mill in EnQ is god tier exactly, its a massive feat to achieve definitely but the RNG on stages is so stupid sometimes that it can easily throw your run into the ground (aka break parts on Elder, Rodos, Rodos+Nepto+Rheo) but if you can be still efficient, skilled and other cases lucky youll definitely pull through but my hats off to people who pull even 2 laps, I love EnQ but also hate it but its fun to do

Oh and dont base the Daily Recommended LQ off like game difficulty, everything has reduced hp and hits too low to be taken too seriously. Even the current LQ isnt as bad outside the higher level mobs since they have a increased drop rate (Lv90 stuff i think)
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Feb 21, 2019 at 08:30 PM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Anything that doesn't kill a 5000HP Hunter with Massive Hunter, TE's Deband, Party L-ring and RINA R-ring, and 25% from All Resist
    + Def buff from team tree, 3 Guardian Armor SSA on the weapon & marinade

Ah well, I'll keep on at it I suppose. Although I do feel like I'm close to burning out on PSO2 and I'm trying to find alternative quests and things to do in an attempt to revitalise my interest in the game.
    Sounds like you played too much in a short time to get your 75/75 ASAP. All the interest of the game is in XH, the game really start now for you !
    "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee."
    - Godot, Ace Attorney 3

Quote Originally Posted by TheFanaticViper View Post
    + Def buff from team tree, 3 Guardian Armor SSA on the weapon & marinade
    How could I forget those!

...and Lightstream pot which rezzes you once per quest!