Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hello, I am coming back and have a couple questions. Please help.

So, Ive been playing on and off since 2012. For any veterans out there that may remember me, Im Nhisso, Supremacy, minimus, Jane Mary, and Jacobius, The issue ive encountered every time i come back is that there is no one to play with. Every one just sits in the lobby until an EQ starts. I dont know how people have time to waste to do that, but I certainly dont.

With that said, am I missing something? Is there a mission or missions people do that I dont know of? Remember in PSU and PSO1 how there were just certain missions people were always running and you could jump in with randoms at any time of the day (like "White Beast" in PSU)? I feel like there is nothing like that in PSO2. Are there missions people always run? Or is there a very active Team recruiting right now? And very active doesn't mean 2 to 8 people being on at a time that never talk or do anything lol. Thanks, guys and gals. I really want to come back. But i cant just sit around and wait for EQs on my limited time off of work and away from the wife and kids. And soloing in this game is pretty boring.

Right now there is a Limited Quest, Chaotic City, that people are running constantly between EQs; it is a run-around with no clear conditions aside from going to Area 2, so those who are running it are basically constantly in the Quest and only leave it to refresh Boosters and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Imjake View Post
    So, Ive been playing on and off since 2012. For any veterans out there that may remember me, Im Nhisso, Supremacy, minimus, Jane Mary, and Jacobius, The issue ive encountered every time i come back is that there is no one to play with. Every one just sits in the lobby until an EQ starts. I dont know how people have time to waste to do that, but I certainly dont.

With that said, am I missing something? Is there a mission or missions people do that I dont know of? Remember in PSU and PSO1 how there were just certain missions people were always running and you could jump in with randoms at any time of the day (like "White Beast" in PSU)? I feel like there is nothing like that in PSO2. Are there missions people always run? Or is there a very active Team recruiting right now? And very active doesn't mean 2 to 8 people being on at a time that never talk or do anything lol. Thanks, guys and gals. I really want to come back. But i cant just sit around and wait for EQs on my limited time off of work and away from the wife and kids. And soloing in this game is pretty boring.
    Sounds about right. Scheduled EQ system can be uncomfortable for many. Maybe for folk at JST it's okay, but gaijins should adapt somehow. If you don't have much time you better stick to other games, preferably not MMOs altogether.

the thing to keep in mind is, the EQ system blows Big Ass(tm) and I could imagine it even being a problem for Japanese players who have a life outside of the game. if you've got responsibilities and a schedule, this game's endgame, maybe even midgame is practically inaccessible, no matter what anyone says.

seriously, I don't know of anyone who would defend such a dumb method of content gating.
    Last edited by NightfallG; Feb 22, 2019 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NightfallG View Post
    the thing to keep in mind is, the EQ system blows Big Ass(tm) and I could imagine it even being a problem for Japanese players who have a life outside of the game. if you've got responsibilities and a schedule, this game's endgame, maybe even midgame is practically inaccessible, no matter what anyone says.

seriously, I don't know of anyone who would defend such a dumb method of content gating.
    The scheduled EQ system exists exactly BECAUSE of (Japanese) people who "have a life outside of the game". EQs used to be entirely unscheduled until people complained that they couldn't run certain EQs because they occurred during their daily life schedule. The times that scheduled EQs are set are based off of that.
    Last edited by kurokyosuke; Feb 22, 2019 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kurokyosuke View Post
    The scheduled EQ system exists exactly BECAUSE of (Japanese) people who "have a life outside of the game". EQs used to be entirely unscheduled until people complained that they couldn't run certain EQs because they occurred during their daily life schedule. The times that scheduled EQs are set are based off of that.
    They routinely do persona EQs at midnight or 6-7 in the morning in japan. No average salaryman is going to touch those.

For the week we are currently going through, these are the scheduled times Persona appears for Japanese timezone:
    Wednesday 20: 11pm (23:00)
    Thursday 21: 1pm (13:00), 11pm (23:00)
    Friday 22: 1am (01:00), 7am (07:00), 10pm (22:00)
    Saturday 23: 7am (07:00), 1pm (13:00), 6pm (18:00), 8pm (20:00)
    Sunday 24: 12am (00:00), 11am (11:00), 3pm (15:00), 9pm (21:00)
    Monday 25: 2am (02:00), 1pm (13:00), 11pm (23:00)
    Tuesday 26: 11am (11:00), 10pm (22:00).

19 appearances. 8 of those (42%) between 18:00 and 23:59 (25% of the day). I do not know what the culture/mentality is in Japan, but personally as a full time worker with daily 08:00-16:00 work schedule, I can afford to stay awake every day until 00:00-01:00 with absolute 0 effect on my performance at work.
    Last edited by Dark Mits; Feb 23, 2019 at 03:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kurokyosuke View Post
    the secret to this is, let people access content the way they could in every other PSO/PSU game ever; whenever they wanted.

and just to preempt the "my immersion" poster, if your immersion has to come from making the game's marquee content a pain in the ass to access, your immersion shouldn't matter.

personally as a full time worker with daily 08:00-16:00 work schedule, I can afford to stay awake every day until 00:00-01:00 with absolute 0 effect on my performance at work.
    you shouldn't have to either accept only 4-5 hours of sleep per night or a major rush to get to work on time to enjoy a video game and there's no way that's sustainable or healthy.
    Last edited by NightfallG; Feb 23, 2019 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NightfallG View Post
    you shouldn't have to either accept only 4-5 hours of sleep per night or a major rush to get to work on time to enjoy a video game and there's no way that's sustainable or healthy.
    01:00 - 07:00 is 6 hours, which is enough for an adult.

... which means you would have to rush to wash up, eat, then commute to work to be there by 8.

stressing your daily life to fit the schedule of some anime mmo is a sign of a problem, man. I say this as someone who likes said anime mmo.

if you're sacrificing a better morning day to day for EQs, get help.

to OP: these posts should let you know that with a wife and kid, you probably shouldn't pick the game back up in any serious capacity. outside of this LQ that's only until like what, March, there's no marquee content outside of EQs. even then, the LQ is only there to grind up gear/level to 90 so you're ready for the next set of EQs, which if you can't make those or wait around for them, there's no point.
    Last edited by NightfallG; Feb 23, 2019 at 06:19 AM.