Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Quote Originally Posted by Loveless62 View Post
    Now, why would Guard Stance get all of its survivability as well as superior DPS against bosses? Only Sega knows. Usually trade-offs are a thing in games.
    I think the trade off is exactly what all of you mentioned; it requires Just Guard to be more effective (damage dealing wise) over Fury Stance. So if a player can't Just Guard reliably or plays in content where enemies don't get to hit the player (which is almost literally 99% of the content), their performance drops.

The inverse situation would be for Fury Stance to be absolutely better in every case for dpsing, in which case why have Guard Stance at all, when you can enjoy near-100% invulnerability anyway with clever dodging and positioning as Fury Stance.

I think Sega has abandoned the notion of having trade-offs because they have already given players extremely powerful tools to protect themselves, to the point of absurdiness. PSO2 is the only game so far I know where getting hit by an enemy, or being afflicted with a status effect is a massive boost to the player, to the point where players delibirately want to get hit/afflicted.

Guard stance is only useful for minmaxing. It is preferred that a separate tree be utilized if the player really wishes to use it. Otherwise the player will be deadweight in quests where mobs take forever to execute an attack, or if there are huge delays in between spawns. Fury will work for 99% of the hunter base

Quote Originally Posted by midend View Post
    Guard stance is only useful for minmaxing. It is preferred that a separate tree be utilized if the player really wishes to use it. Otherwise the player will be deadweight in quests where mobs take forever to execute an attack, or if there are huge delays in between spawns. Fury will work for 99% of the hunter base
    >Guard Stance
    >useful for only minmaxing

Well fellow MMO tank players you no longer exist in this game sorry
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    >Guard Stance

Same as healers, buffers, debuffers, crowd controllers...

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    are you kidding , healers are still good , buffers and debuffers are irrelevant now but not useless , CC are useless definily in boss raids

Quote Originally Posted by midend View Post
    I didn't consider the stances from the perspective of a player who would only have one Hu tree to work with. If that were the case for me, I would definitely pick Fury Stance, as Guard Stance's DPS superiority is only situational.

>Guard Stance

As a side note, it surprises me how many players who play tanky seem to have never heard of evasion tanking.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

>Guard Stance

When did they exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by FireswordRus View Post
    But if u take mpa with a lot boses in 1 time, and if FI have war cry lv10 ,FI win
    -----------------------Flashing-----------------------------------------------Tagami--------------------------
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    TE exists but because of the state of the game, Jellen, Zalure, Zoldial/Zoldeel, Retier, Dizas and Rentis dont exist to at least add more to TEs arsenal. Which kinda sucks. Plus youre playing support and you yourself kinda want to be tanky.

Crowd controllers lol basically every class does this already

Quote Originally Posted by Loveless62 View Post
    I didn't consider the stances from the perspective of a player who would only have one Hu tree to work with. If that were the case for me, I would definitely pick Fury Stance, as Guard Stance's DPS superiority is only situational.

As a side note, it surprises me how many players who play tanky seem to have never heard of evasion tanking.
    I still think people refuse to learn to evade/counter and would rather block if they can iunno

Quote Originally Posted by Tunga View Post
    When did they exist?
    I know youre joking but theyve always existed, albeit a very small percentage of players
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Guard stance isn't that bad;

Jellen
    Basilis wand