Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Loveless62 View Post
    Then what does it mean?
    It would mean a weapon that supports a skill or skills in the guard stance tree. Having a weapon that does the same in either stance doesn't make it for the build even if it would be useful in guard stance. The only weapon I know off the top of my head that is actual guard stance support is Nox Sword NT even though its pretty mediocre even when it was new.

Quote Originally Posted by otakun View Post
    It would mean a weapon that supports a skill or skills in the guard stance tree. Having a weapon that does the same in either stance doesn't make it for the build even if it would be useful in guard stance. The only weapon I know off the top of my head that is actual guard stance support is Nox Sword NT even though its pretty mediocre even when it was new.
    i think the point loveless was making is that 14-15* wep aren't stance focused anymore (and haven't been for a while), so it's kind of a moot question to begin with.

You don't need a specific weapon to use Guard Stance anyways, it's really good with any weapon. Just depends on what content you're doing. Most of Ep5 Guard Stance is good in. Even better come UH if they make enemies more aggressive.

beating an oodan to death with an eternal psychodrive

Quote Originally Posted by ralf542 View Post
    Oh yeah, you say tank EVERYTHING. Good luck with Omega Hunar+floor in XQ.

the only scary thing in xq3 is heal reduction during deus and getting hit by too many thorns at the same time, all avoidable with charge parrying.

also if you REALLY want a guard stance weapon, the aratron phemut partisan gives an extra ~180 to defenses during guard stance. it's a funny last resort stick if you absolutely want to tank something but the damage loss from going back down to a 13* in this day and age makes it even more niche than ultimate amduskia boss weapons giving the 20% cut.
    Last edited by Agastya; Feb 26, 2019 at 05:12 PM.
    100% certified quality post

the pso-world forums are a pvp-enabled zone

I was trying to figure out what stats Otakun considered to be supportive to Guard Stance users, like:
    • Damage
    • Damage reduction
    • PP recovery/cost reduction
    • HP recovery
    • ????

Weapons with S-ability slots can support any of these. Now that I've thought about it more though, I realized that Guard Stance can be used for multiple purposes, like DPS (Hu main class) and tankiness, so generalizing how the stats should be prioritized is not straight-forward.

I was hoping Otakun did not mean "potentials/abilities that Guard Stance benefits from exclusively", since that is a pretty disturbing fetish. Unfortunately, this appears to be the case . Similar to what I was saying above, though, you can take a 14* with S-ability slots (like Lumiere or the PSO2es weapon Alle Tieramina), and build a weapon with similar benefits to any of the Guard Stance potentials. You just can't make it exclusive to Guard Stance, but, seriously, why would you care?

Because no one asked, here are the potentials that SWiki lists as requiring Guard Stance:
    • Hard-line Training Team - +18% damage, +150 S-DEF - 12* Nox Kvelle
    • Strong Team - +12% damage, +180 S-DEF - 13* Grandia
    • Defensive Training Team - +15% damage, +50 S-DEF - lots of weapons between 8 and 11 stars in rarity have this.
    Last edited by Loveless62; Feb 26, 2019 at 05:56 PM.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

Well, I can give you guys a more simple way of understanding what I am meaning ...

Is there a wep that makes you want to use guard stance over fury? There is no weapon that does this which is what I was getting at. It's like, cool, you can take a hit, well, this game is geared for you to not even be hit. Lastly, the fact someone even said guard stance can be used for DPS ... my brain died a little.

Well, I can give you guys a more simple way of understanding what I am meaning ...

Is there a wep that makes you want to use guard stance over fury? There is no weapon that does this which is what I was getting at. It's like, cool, you can take a hit, well, this game is geared for you to not even be hit. Lastly, the fact someone even said guard stance can be used for DPS ... my brain died a little.
    I hope that was bait because Guard Stance edges out slightly over Fury Stance in terms of damage dealt it just lacks in upkeep and needs a duration buff on GSA.

Lastly, the fact someone even said guard stance can be used for DPS ... my brain died a little.
    Because of Guard Stance Advance, Guard Stance has superior damage to Fury Stance, but only when you can reliably get Just Guards (or guards on Tech Charge Parry). Since you usually can get Just Guards against large bosses, Guard Stance is the superior stance in Boss MPAs (or in solo quests), but, for mobbing situations, Guard Stance lags behind Fury since the mobs may not get a chance to attack you.

Now, why would Guard Stance get all of its survivability as well as superior DPS against bosses? Only Sega knows. Usually trade-offs are a thing in games.
    Last edited by Loveless62; Feb 26, 2019 at 09:07 PM.
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

this just shows your ignorance of the tree. GSA is flat 50% which is better than fury stance assuming you upkeep (which is easy in a lot of content, particularly when soloing).

also if people REALLY want to test their tank build, 4th/5th lap endless interval stages are as tough as it gets. dio hunar explosion hits for 8k+ through techer buffs, deus hits much harder than xq3, ardem laser for 10k+, etc.

HU is my least played class and even I could have told you that Guard Stance outdoes Fury Stance with upkeep
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers