Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

sega's standard delay tatic's until some new content like EP6 is out then go back and some ( not all ) of the old content easier

Quote Originally Posted by TakemiShinnosuke View Post
    sega's standard delay tatic's until some new content like EP6 is out then go back and some ( not all ) of the old content easier
    lol wat

the only reason old content becomes easier is power creep (or for some reason sega goes back and messes with it)
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    For me, the game ends when all titles are acquired. For others it ends when the level cap is hit on main and sub classes. For others it is when they acquire Best-in-slot equipment. etc.
    I know it's just examples, but level cap and gear upgrade is progression steps, not an ending goal. That sound so useless to hit 90/90 with 15s + full lightstream set and stop playing lol.
    "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee."
    - Godot, Ace Attorney 3

Quote Originally Posted by TheFanaticViper View Post
    I know it's just examples, but level cap and gear upgrade is progression steps, not an ending goal. That sound so useless to hit 90/90 with 15s + full lightstream set and stop playing lol.
    Well I mean, for lots of players the point of playing an online MMO is to see their character rise in power. Once you hit 90/90 with full LS and probably some good affixes, there is nothing left to do that can increase your power. At best you can just make preparations for the next upgrades that will be implemented.

This was often the case with World of Warcraft as well; people would log in and ask to be included in the main raid team, and once they had full BiS they would stop logging in except for maybe levelling an alt. Then when the next raid tier was added, they would resume logging in every raid night. None of those had the Loremaster title (the achievement for completing nearly all quests).

Quote Originally Posted by TheFanaticViper View Post
    After I finally got my lighstream I stopped playing lol
    currently waiting for EQs or EP6

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Well I mean, for lots of players the point of playing an online MMO is to see their character rise in power. Once you hit 90/90 with full LS and probably some good affixes, there is nothing left to do that can increase your power. At best you can just make preparations for the next upgrades that will be implemented.

This was often the case with World of Warcraft as well; people would log in and ask to be included in the main raid team, and once they had full BiS they would stop logging in except for maybe levelling an alt. Then when the next raid tier was added, they would resume logging in every raid night. None of those had the Loremaster title (the achievement for completing nearly all quests).
    Final Fantasy 14 is the exact same way. We call that "raid logging" when you only log in to do raids, then log off until the next weekly reset since they lock you out of progression for a week after you do the fights once (and beat them) Once the hardcore crowed caped gear, they would just stop playing untill a new raid tier was released. or just like WoW level an alt to repeat the process on them.

I think this is really just an MMO curse in general, it's no wonder they hold little popularity these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Priest View Post
    Final Fantasy 14 is the exact same way. We call that "raid logging" when you only log in to do raids, then log off until the next weekly reset since they lock you out of progression for a week after you do the fights once (and beat them) Once the hardcore crowed caped gear, they would just stop playing untill a new raid tier was released. or just like WoW level an alt to repeat the process on them.

I think this is really just an MMO curse in general, it's no wonder they hold little popularity these days.
    It's not a curse, it's kind of natural if you think about it. Take singleplayer offline RPGs for example. Some people stop playing when they kill the final boss and see the ending movie, some people stop playing when they also clear all subquests/secrets, some stop playing when they grind everything to lvl99 (or what the max is). There are few people who will replay such a game, especially if there aren't branching story paths.