Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    They could expand the Quest-Link bonus that they had with the LQ and Dark Falz Persona. For example: Clearing a Time Attack quest with S rank gives +100% triboost on next Advance Quest. Clearing Advance Quest with S rank gives +100% on next Riding Quest. Clearing Riding Quest with S rank gives +100% on next Free Field. Clearing Free Field with S rank gives +100% on next EQ. etc, as a cycle.
    So... do this to do this to do this to do this to get a slight boost for an EQ which you still have to wait for? Don't think any casual or person who goes to work/school would even bother. Is there anything worth getting in any of those outside of maybe a modulator in AQ or EQs? I know I wouldn't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by otakun View Post
    So... do this to do this to do this to do this to get a slight boost for an EQ which you still have to wait for? Don't think any casual or person who goes to work/school would even bother. Is there anything worth getting in any of those outside of maybe a modulator in AQ or EQs? I know I wouldn't bother.
    Why should a casual bother? The "there is nothing to do except mindless grinding" complaint comes from hardcores, not casuals.

Why should a casual bother? The "there is nothing to do except mindless grinding" complaint comes from hardcores, not casuals.
    Casuals know best remember?
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

If it's the hardcore complaining there's nothing to do then why are there only like 50 or less Forever Loners?
    Last edited by Ceresa; Mar 7, 2019 at 01:36 PM.

... what? cause people like to play games with a population. While casuals don't always "know best", you still want them in the damn game. You want to give a reason for EVERYONE to play and if a casual wouldn't even bother then why would a hardcore person do it for more than a week? Lastly, nitpicking the fact I said casuals wouldn't bother doesn't change the fact that A LOT of people wouldn't even bother. If you only make content for a certain demographic that is dwindling then it will just die. You need content to keep anyone playing cause clearly appealing to hardcores with Endless isn't doing much.
    Last edited by otakun; Mar 7, 2019 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    Casuals know best remember?
    I don't think any part of the playerbase knows "best" to be honest. If anything, it's the developers that do. Unfortunately the bean counters, who happen to know the "worst" at any time, are the ones who get to decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceresa View Post
    If it's the hardcore complaining there's nothing to do then why are there only like 50 or less Forever Loners?
    Because Forever Loner requires the player to be (i) hardcore, (ii) skilled in the 95%+ percentile and (iii) interested in running said content. You can spend 60 hours per week on the game and still not be able to reach it. For example, my highest score so far in the 1st Endless is 0. (I am not saying that I am skilled, in fact I am not; I am saying that I am not interested in running it)

... what? cause people like the play games with a population. While casuals don't always "know best". You still want them in the damn game. You want to give a reason for EVERYONE to play. And if a casual wouldn't even bother then why would a hardcore person do it for more than a week? Lastly, nitpicking the fact I said casuals wouldn't bother doesn't change the fact that A LOT of people wouldn't even bother. If you only make content for a certain demographic that is dwindling then it will just die. You need content to keep anyone playing cause clearly appealing to hardcores with Endless isn't doing much.
    Casuals do not leave a game because there is no content to run. Casuals leave the game because they found another game that interests them as well, and they do not have enough time to devote to all games. I would be playing 10 different games if I didn't have real life obligations.

Nearly 99% of PSO2's content is available for casual players, with the exception being some UQ, maybe boss triggers, and maybe Riding Quests. Nearly all of ARKS Quests, Free Fields, Bonus Quests, Buster Quests now as well, Time Attack, Advance and Extreme are soloable without high performance requirements. Even EQs and LQs are designed to ensure that casual players will be able to run them and complete them.

Finally, my suggestion above with the chain bonuses is an idea that is designed to counter monotony and give the playerbase with more free time in their hands a slightly higher bonus on content that is "current". The best way to fight monotony is to make players want to run different parts of the game, and not only focus on one. Though if the trend of running just 5x Harkotan is any indication, it's not monotony that players dislike, but lack of quick and easy rewards.

Not all casuals are the same ...

And saying old content are for casual players is a little silly. It's just old content, it isn't MADE for them. What about someone who played the game, got to 80/85 and stopped playing due to outside obligations then came back and got to 90 with nothing to do? That doesn't make them hardcore cause they leveled to max level in a couple months nor does any of the content you mentioned really get them to keep playing. I don't see someone coming back from a break, getting into the game again to bring Buster Quests, AQs or whatever ..

I understand what your suggestion was offering but 100% triboost isn't anything literally. You are basically adding a +1 to a 1000 sided die. It's not exactly something to keep people playing. Maybe an ACTUAL item or reward would be something but triboosts are literally given out when Sega fucks up.

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    we get it you hate the game. why do you keep coming here
    If i hated the game i wouldn't have put 4.5K hrs and money into it lol, nice conclusion there Sherlock Holmes. I come back here for the fun and meme threads like this, is it an issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by FireswordRus View Post
    But if u take mpa with a lot boses in 1 time, and if FI have war cry lv10 ,FI win
    -----------------------Flashing-----------------------------------------------Tagami--------------------------
    Spoiler!

And saying old content are for casual players is a little silly. It's just old content, it isn't MADE for them.
    Both true and false. The point is that as players gain more levels, equipments, perks etc, they are slowly becoming able to clear content which they couldn't before. XH Enchanted Forest wasn't exactly something worth soloing when released, but with Lightstream weapons now, a 90/90 casual player can still have fun and not hit blocks there.

What about someone who played the game, got to 80/85 and stopped playing due to outside obligations then came back and got to 90 with nothing to do? That doesn't make them hardcore cause they leveled to max level in a couple months nor does any of the content you mentioned really get them to keep playing. I don't see someone coming back from a break, getting into the game again to bring Buster Quests, AQs or whatever...
    I think we disagree on what we mean by "nothing to do". For me, the game ends when all titles are acquired. For others it ends when the level cap is hit on main and sub classes. For others it is when they acquire Best-in-slot equipment. etc. From an absolute point of view, I would accept the "I have nothing to do" complaint if that player showed me their 100% full title list (or at least what is attainable). But deep down, the game has "nothing more to offer" when the player in question has attained what they want out of the game.

I understand what your suggestion was offering but 100% triboost isn't anything literally. You are basically adding a +1 to a 1000 sided die. It's not exactly something to keep people playing. Maybe an ACTUAL item or reward would be something but triboosts are literally given out when Sega fucks up.
    The idea behind 100% triboost was that the bonus should be something not too OP, but at the same time not nothing as well.

Regarding actual item rewards, what exactly do you mean? What do you suggest that Sega should implement to keep players playing and not leaving for other games?

Both true and false. The point is that as players gain more levels, equipments, perks etc, they are slowly becoming able to clear content which they couldn't before. XH Enchanted Forest wasn't exactly something worth soloing when released, but with Lightstream weapons now, a 90/90 casual player can still have fun and not hit blocks there.

I think we disagree on what we mean by "nothing to do". For me, the game ends when all titles are acquired. For others it ends when the level cap is hit on main and sub classes. For others it is when they acquire Best-in-slot equipment. etc. From an absolute point of view, I would accept the "I have nothing to do" complaint if that player showed me their 100% full title list (or at least what is attainable). But deep down, the game has "nothing more to offer" when the player in question has attained what they want out of the game.

The idea behind 100% triboost was that the bonus should be something not too OP, but at the same time not nothing as well.

Regarding actual item rewards, what exactly do you mean? What do you suggest that Sega should implement to keep players playing and not leaving for other games?
    That's the question, what can they offer, Since this game is entirely based off rare drops, and all the worthwhile, top tier items are locked behind EQs and limited quests and events, in addition to massive grinding, no one seems to stay interested when those 2 ways aren't available, Right now, all you can do is spam free field, and featured quests for outdated and inferior gear. with only 1 Free field actually giving you a small road to the end gear.

Sure, there are many things to do in game, like PvP, endless quests and other time wasters. but ultimately all people do is just wait on the EQs to have a small chance at high gear. absurd tasks like getting all titles is something an extremely small amount of the playerbase will bother with due to how long that takes.

That is just the way this game is handled now.