Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Default Klotho Nerf and how that's probably not a big deal

So since the Klotho nerf was announced I saw a lot of people being concerned that their money income might be screwed over, since they have a dozens characters or so and it's uncertain whenever or not the replacement system, Arks Missions, will be better or worse in that aspect.

So I decided to break the trailer apart, since the trailer always uses fast forwarded footage and its easy to miss all the details.

First of all opening the menu greets us to a new UI tracking our progress with Arks Missions:

Arks Missions are divided in 3 Categories
    - Arks Road 2 Astrate Boogaloo
    - Daily Arks Missions
    - Weekly Arks Missions

in the Video we saw these daily Arks Missions:

So the first Arks Mission says "Clear any free Field, Arks Quest or Limites Quest on SH+".
    The second one says "Finish any Daily Order" so this can be literally anything, doing your daily DO that are part of FQ or returning a fish worth 100k meseta, or returning a single non-100k meseta fish
    And thats about it when it comes to Money. So far 70k Meseta for basically existing.

Next up are the more important Weekly Arks Missions:

First up we have "Grind a Weapon or a Unit once" you have a full week to do this one.
    Then we have a "Clear any Endless Quest once" this is easy enough. Endless quests don't take too long to clear when you're trying to lose.
    and the last Mission that gives Meseta is "Collect 350k Meseta via client orders" and that one is almost adorable.
    Since the SH TACO remains, pairing that up with Harkotan TACO you already get 310k meseta via CO. If you follow that up with a Bal Rhodos DO you get way over 350k + you flag the daily orders for an additional 70k, but im getting ahead of myself.

So how do you do your Weekly routine currently?
    You run 5 TA on VH+, of which one is on SH+ and then you run 3 XQ, one of which probably has a Bal Rhodos in it.
    This will net you about 1,910,000 meseta + whatever Meseta dropped during XQ (usually a respectable amount)
    Here is some math just to be sure:
    200k + 250k + 300k + 60k + 250k + 200k + 400k + 250k = 1,910k

How will the weekly routine look like in EP6 after the Arks Missions system is implemented.
    You run one TA on SH, then instead of a XQ for Rhodos you run Coast exploration to trigger the Daily Arks missions, ignoring all mobs in the process etc. Then you jump into an endless quest and play as badly as possible. This should give you some junk weapons/units you can use to grind.
    This will net you about 2,030,000 meseta +/- pocket money dropped from quests.
    Here is some math again:
    250k + 60k + 250k + 42k + 28k + 700k + 420k + 280k = 2,030k

However as mentioned by Dark Mits players who ignored TACO's before have now easier access to money and this could cause a spike in prices on the market but I believe it won't be too bad and eventually things will balance out.

tl;dr
    Your weekly money income isn't broken, it's just different and requires less work per character.
    Last edited by XrosBlader821; Mar 18, 2019 at 08:29 PM.

That’s on a very very heavy assumption that it’s character based and not account. Either way, I welcome the change since I am too lazy to run TAXQs weekly.

P.S. you can add the gathering weeklies for an ez 600k.

thanks for remaking this with more details since some assclowns managed to throw a fit and got my thread locked.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Not to mention the weapon badges that you can trade for Solo PD triggers and get yourself anywhere from 720k to 960k by trading the cubes for grinders and selling those to NPCs.
    Fan Art of my Character & Matoi Defending a City
    Spoiler!

Not exactly related to the meseta issue, but I think Sega should take advantage of this new Daily/Weekly mission system to also include the weekly targets for King's Crests (or the new EP6 equivalent if there will be one).

Quote Originally Posted by Reilet View Post
    P.S. you can add the gathering weeklies for an ez 600k.
    I'm aware but you'd be surprised how many people don't bother with that and instead of gathering on 3 characters for 1,8m Meseta weekly they choose to run Taco's on 4 characters for the same money. Also Jerkes CO aren't affected by Arks Missions, only our abusive daddy Klotho is, so I focused on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    thanks for remaking this with more details since some assclowns managed to throw a fit and got my thread locked.
    Yeah I originally planned on posting this in your thread but found it locked.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Not exactly related to the meseta issue, but I think Sega should take advantage of this new Daily/Weekly mission system to also include the weekly targets for King's Crests (or the new EP6 equivalent if there will be one).
    This is exactly what I thought they should do too. Maybe not limit it to Crests and make a tab for campaigns in general since CO related ones pop up very frequently. Hopefully they add that down the line.

Thanks for breaking it down, cause I'm lazy. I'll just try to breakdown the possible time spent here, based on how I do it though. Everyone else probably do differently / better so feel free to add what you'll do.

So I guess based on the information, if I compare to TAXQ CO and not including DO (It's inconsistent in terms of daily, that doesn't mean I don't do it, I just don't count that one, I call it added bonus), this is what I'd do:

Daily ARKS mission
    - Finish Daily order for 28K... not consistent enough to clear so I'll take this one out (added bonus).
    - Clear any free field, arks quest, or limited quest on SH+ for 42K... Za oodan (very first one) is like 1 minute even if you are lost cause the map is so smoll.

Weekly ARKS mission
    - SH + Harkotan 310K, let's just say 1 minute including the campship entry/exit etc.
    - endless quest 420K, hmm, 9 minutes (10 minutes including teleporter and campship)? Can we reduce the time? I barely run this especially deliberately to lose so correct me about this
    - weapon to grind 280K, this is fast enough, 10 - 15 seconds, if I have the weapon ready in inventory to grind of course
    - This instantly completes the Collect 350K meseta one, which gives you juicy 700K

Soo.. for me it's probably:
    Old (TAXQ CO): ~1.7m / 15 minutes per char
    vs
    New: ~1.7m / 11.5 minutes per char

Well, I guess I'm in.

But like Reilet said, only if this is char based. But I guess I'm highly optimistic it will be char based, I mean they said they only split it, not reducing it. Well, I guess I changed my mind and can relieve myself a bit, hopefully.

Anyway, I really think we should exclude other ways of getting money such as PD and yarkes COs cause they aren't affected to this issue. I think this is more of TAXQ COs issue. ... Cause there are just so many ways of getting free money.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ View Post
    - This instantly completes the Collect 350K meseta one, which gives you juicy 700K
    At this point you still only have 310k via Client Orders. Arks Missions will most likely not contribute to the weekly meseta collecting Mission.
    even if you don't take DO into consideration it's best to do at least one of them for the last 40k meseta push. Just replace Za Odan Quest with whatever DO you're currently doing.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    At this point you still only have 310k via Client Orders. Arks Missions will most likely not contribute to the weekly meseta collecting Mission.
    even if you don't take DO into consideration it's best to do at least one of them for the last 40k meseta push. Just replace Za Odan Quest with whatever DO you're currently doing.
    Ah you're right I missed that, thanks.

Edit: Wait, for the replacement, are you suggesting DO for the Client Order weekly mission? Cause I think DO and CO (and TO) are different.
    Last edited by SteveCZ; Mar 19, 2019 at 04:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveCZ View Post
    Edit: Wait, for the replacement, are you suggesting DO for the Client Order weekly mission? Cause I think DO and CO (and TO) are different.
    Daily Orders are still Client Orders. I don't think the game differentiates between them.