Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Last time I played was whenever the old extreme quest was released, the one with anga. I cleared it back then.

I just came back to the game last week to prep for episode 6. I tried the solo extreme as soon as I could and failed at Phaleg. I leveled up, geared up, then did it first try, second try S ranked it, as Su/Fi. I understand this might be a bit easy to gear up with or maybe play? I also went and made the 15 star rod and am now blowing up everything on Fo/Te. Seems easy to gear up in the current game. Had only 10 mil saved up when I logged in and spent it all on rappy suits, so it's not like I had significant backing to accomplish this. No idea how difficult the solo mother/deus quest is, haven't tried it.

Expert queue has been fairly pleasant for emergency quests. I wasn't aware that people were getting carried to get their expert status in the group version. If you aren't actually legitimately clearing the requirements, aren't you bothered that you're probably getting carried in those expert queues? It feels dishonest to cheat your way to it like that, get carried by everyone else all this time, then get angry that you have to earn it legitimately. I'm surprised there is a fuss over this at all. Either you earn expert and can queue with everyone else that has, or you don't. That's the entire purpose of expert, to be able to queue with other players that are playing seriously and have overcome the difficult trial to unlock it. If it's not difficult to unlock and can be cheesed, there's no point.

People are saying it's a gear check, and gear probably helps a ton, but that's also kind of the point too, isn't it? Expert queue will most likely, ideally, have people with high DPS or low death rates. By beating the solo trials to unlock expert, you prove you're one of those people and are keeping that queue alive and healthy. If you're not, then... yeah, I imagine you're probably getting carried.

I really don't want to sound elitist or rude, but... if there's a difficult trial to overcome, gear up, skill up, and overcome it. If you can't, then you can't, and sometimes you just have to accept that. However, I certainly don't think there's a significant grind or time investment behind doing the solo extreme, as with however the current game is, I did it in only a few days.

No issue with the new requirements, it's actually probably a good thing and healthy for the game. A new challenge to overcome (solo "M&D") is exciting, not a worry. When I actually finish leveling my Force and Techer (they are still behind in level since all these cap increases) I will certainly be going for and doing both expert requirements on that too, even if it's just for fun. It will teach and train me to be a better player.
    Last edited by Crevox; Apr 21, 2019 at 02:16 PM.

It's a shame the new expert ignores Endless or Masquerade 100 since both of those actually require you to have some semblance of how a class works beyond 1 or 2 "best" PAs. The new conditions are still a drastic improvement over the current trash though. But seriously wtf at only 12% meeting it, I never imagined it would be so low. I want to believe people just haven't tried.

Like what are people doing (or not doing...) to not get S on earth trigger outside of just not pressing any buttons for minutes at a time. The damage they do is even super nerfed compared to the EM version, and it released after they rained 15s on us. And Extreme doesn't require you to clear stage orders so you can even heal on Phaleg if you just want to brute force through it (or just Atra lifesteal).
    Last edited by Ceresa; Apr 21, 2019 at 02:10 PM.

I never bothered to do mother trigger before because it gave nothing I wanted(plus I read that it was glitched when it was just released, so lol). I still had the 2 free triggers they gave us from said maints, and finally did the quest just to get the title. I assume many are in the same boat

Quote Originally Posted by Ceresa View Post
    It's a shame the new expert ignores Endless or Masquerade 100 since both of those actually require you to have some semblance of how a class works beyond 1 or 2 "best" PAs. The new conditions are still a drastic improvement over the current trash though. But seriously wtf at only 12% meeting it, I never imagined it would be so low. I want to believe people just haven't tried.
    i wouldnt mind Masquerade but the fact that I can only do 5 depths per day is the dumbest thing ever so it essentially its just time gating me from getting in for about 20 days just to hit Depth 100 which isn't really a matter of skill at that point
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    i wouldnt mind Masquerade but the fact that I can only do 5 depths per day is the dumbest thing ever so it essentially its just time gating me from getting in for about 20 days just to hit Depth 100 which isn't really a matter of skill at that point
    This is where I'm at. I only just unlocked it a few days ago, and even burnt 1 day doing it as Fighter main on depth 1 just to get Fi Excubes for the skill points. It's going to be quite some time before I make it to 100 just because of the days it takes, and there's a number of better things I could be doing instead of it even when it's not on cooldown.

To be honest? My ideal conditions would be Solo PD S rank, Solo momdeus S rank, Solo XQ3 S rank and 6 million on endless 1. But that is my personal standards and I have a bias because of the way I play and the people I play with. I've seen people who take nearly 30 minutes to do momdeus with 14* weapons and 12* units so for the so called 'elitists' its a true Poe's law. The expert requirement is coming to stay, just deal with it.

I did get some nice discussions in my stream as a result so I'm happy, and it's like the cherry on top of the release of ep6 and how promising everything sounds. Seriously, hearing entitled children cry that they can't have something that they 'deserve' because it simply exists is delicious. Everyone who reacted moderately by either admitting that they can't fulfill it or are trying to make headway (even the cheesers, at least they are making somewhat of an effort to get what they want) is completely fine. I'm not here to bash people who aren't as skilled as others. But the people losing their shit for not being able to get expert but they should be able to play with people who can is hilarious.

im sure some of you have seen this for quite some time but they'll finally throw this in once we get closer or on release of the new req if for some reason you STILL can't clear this XQ

Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by dont_talk_to_me View Post
    To be honest? My ideal conditions would be Solo PD S rank, Solo momdeus S rank, Solo XQ3 S rank and 6 million on endless 1. But that is my personal standards and I have a bias because of the way I play and the people I play with. I've seen people who take nearly 30 minutes to do momdeus with 14* weapons and 12* units so for the so called 'elitists' its a true Poe's law. The expert requirement is coming to stay, just deal with it.

I did get some nice discussions in my stream as a result so I'm happy, and it's like the cherry on top of the release of ep6 and how promising everything sounds. Seriously, hearing entitled children cry that they can't have something that they 'deserve' because it simply exists is delicious. Everyone who reacted moderately by either admitting that they can't fulfill it or are trying to make headway (even the cheesers, at least they are making somewhat of an effort to get what they want) is completely fine. I'm not here to bash people who aren't as skilled as others. But the people losing their shit for not being able to get expert but they should be able to play with people who can is hilarious.
    Why even bother with Solo PD as a requirement in 2019.

Millenials Complaining About Solo Content For An Expert Title Instead of Being Able To Party With Their High Geared Friends To Leech, a piece of Laura Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Ceresa View Post

Like what are people doing (or not doing...) to not get S on earth trigger outside of just not pressing any buttons for minutes at a time. The damage they do is even super nerfed compared to the EM version, and it released after they rained 15s on us. And Extreme doesn't require you to clear stage orders so you can even heal on Phaleg if you just want to brute force through it (or just Atra lifesteal).
    on paper, having endless/masq requirements seems like a good idea. here's the problems with them though
    -endless rolls numerous random stages, and not every players experience will be equal both because of the different stages as well as class. many classes have a much easier time than others particularly in raid stages or magatsu. if you take say 6mil as the requirement, one player can just roll a bunch of mobbing or xq stages while another may land elder, luther, magatsu, shironia, etc.
    -endless as techer is extremely unfair in certain stages (elder/luther) and expecting newer players to strategize there is imbalanced compared to other classes.
    -masq has a 5/day limit, meaning 20 days minimum to get expert. again, too much of a commitment particularly for newer players

while solo XQ has potential cheesing strategies, i think it + guides trig is as fair as it can get without being too easy for people to faceroll blindly while also being tough enough from being a reasonable step up from getting carried through PT XQ.