Quote Originally Posted by Sayara View Post
The thing that urks me a bit about this is the EXQ requirement, not the trigger thing. Nothing in the game (so far anyway) is going to ask anyone to have to juggle around the kinda stuff that quest asks for. At least not solo. The Mamapapa trigger being a damage check, and like say masquerade being a gear check because hes actually alot easier if you spent the time grinding for a 15star wep. Or if you get on one of those Malice stages requires actually good defensive units to survive.

Or you know, actually do a gear check like some other MMOs do where if you don't reach a certain total you're barred from doing the content or something. I guess it doesn't really matter for me either way. I cant clear either thing with my current gear.
I'm going to have to disagree there. Gear checks are the absolute worst shit considering it's fun to run some content with no units/1 star weapon to challenge yourself which is part of the beauty of this game IMO. I really hate to say this, but solo XQ is just a matter of getting good enough. Seriously if you are subbing hunter, then its doubly easy with automate. Otherwise just practice practice practice. Gear is definitely not the main limiting factor of content in this game. Unlike some other games that have pure vertical progression and the actual gameplay part is simple as washing dishes (like FFXIV), this game is absolutely 90% skill and 10% gear. The gear only matters when you are good enough to actually make 3% extra damage mean something. Otherwise you just have to be willing to practice a little, or don't do expert. It doesn't change what the game allows you to do.