Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Elitism in and of itself is not an problem becuase those are players who do truly care about being the best, and they deserve to be able to play with others at that same level and not be bogged down by players who want to play more casually, just like there is nothing wrong with being a casual because there are plenty of people who want to play the game, but just not to a level where it becomes a commitment to "git gud."
    The main problem is for those players who fall in between, ie. those who understand the game mechanics and try to be well geared, but don't put in the time/effort to the point where they are able to calculate things down to the frame or make equipment that is always at the highest end; if they can get into the higher end groups, they can be viewed as leechers because they aren't quite up to that ideal standard, and on the flip side they can be viewed as try-hards in the lower end group becuase they want to be able to complete content in a more efficient time.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Elitism in and of itself is not an problem becuase those are players who do truly care about being the best, and they deserve to be able to play with others at that same level and not be bogged down by players who want to play more casually, just like there is nothing wrong with being a casual because there are plenty of people who want to play the game, but just not to a level where it becomes a commitment to "git gud."
    The main problem is for those players who fall in between, ie. those who understand the game mechanics and try to be well geared, but don't put in the time/effort to the point where they are able to calculate things down to the frame or make equipment that is always at the highest end; if they can get into the higher end groups, they can be viewed as leechers because they aren't quite up to that ideal standard, and on the flip side they can be viewed as try-hards in the lower end group becuase they want to be able to complete content in a more efficient time.
    yeah this is what I'm talking about, I assumed expert was moreso the middle ground here than anything; as the higher-end folk oughta be able to find their own groups, and at worst, allow the mid-tier people fill in extra MPA slots

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    yeah this is what I'm talking about, I assumed expert was moreso the middle ground here than anything; as the higher-end folk oughta be able to find their own groups, and at worst, allow the mid-tier people fill in extra MPA slots
    Thinking about it, the use of the word "Expert" is one of the biggest issues. "Expert" implies the best of the best, but it does seem like SEGA wants it to be the standard rather than the exception with the various requirements they have had for it over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    The title for S rank solo XQ is in game already, right?
    This it? Attachment 42038
    That one is the S rank for Hero specifically, If you have that then I think that means you got the other one. If I remember right, the general S rank should give a 45% Ability Success Rate as the reward.

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

Thinking about it, the use of the word "Expert" is one of the biggest issues. "Expert" implies the best of the best, but it does seem like SEGA wants it to be the standard rather than the exception with the various requirements they have had for it over the years.
    to be honest I thought it was a clever misnomer; by calling it "expert" but effectively working as a sort of PSO2 literacy test, the people who couldn't do it could still feel better as long as they consider themselves a casual player anyway.

Exactly. People are still treating the new requirements like the standard rather than something special because that's what it's historically been, despite how much tougher they are now.
    Last edited by Mega Ultra Chicken; Apr 21, 2019 at 08:26 PM.

For the first part, that's why I mentioned being able to save those settings, so you can just enable or disable them as you please. Also, probably limiting it to setting just a certain number might be better (like 3 max with and/or modifiers).
    Okay, let's get technical.

How would this system work? Let's say I decide I want to MPA with players who clear reqs A and B. Does it mean other players who have achievements A and B can join my MPA, or only those who have the achievements and also have them selected as their requirement? What about someone else who has reqs A, B and C? Will they be able to join my MPA? What if I don't have C? And that's just two players. Do note all of this has to be coordinated in real time, in a game that already had issues with normal multi block matching, with a single option of expert matching on or off.

I do see the potential issues in the idea, but to me, that policing mindset is exactly what I am hoping for; that way, those players who truly feel they are elite can play in their own sandbox without having to complain about leechers.
    You know it wouldn't work that way. How it would most likely work is the playerbase at large getting some memetic idea of what constitutes a good player and what doesn't - for example, in FFXIV many parties ban samurai because samurai have a rep for being bad players. Now imagine the playerbase getting an idea that for example, you need to reach level 90 hunter/force/hero/your least favorite class here to be a "good player". YOu either play with that req on, or you get alienated from most of the playerbase.

No, it's better if there is one standard for everyone, set up by the devs.

These people are already better than 75% of the playerbase and nobody whose opinion is worth listening to would call them leechers.
    Last edited by TehCubey; Apr 21, 2019 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by otakun View Post
    Well, the only thing I can really say to people who claim they want to be with people who can do content. This more likely will just get some people to use hacks and/or account sharing. Which if some of you believe account sharing is unlikely then I will have to inform I was already offered for someone to do it for me lol.
    imagine being so shit at something you need someone else to do it for you, you really do embrace being casual trash, might as well just pay $50's for pre Lv90 Phantom day one while you're at it

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Ultra Chicken View Post
    Well, this forum seems to think you must be leeching trash if you don't qualify. That doesn't help.

Classic PSOW. Moralizing skill at a game.
    Thats the thing buddy, with just how antsy and angry all the casual trash is being over a couple of easy quests to clear, you pretty much are casual filth wanting to be carried in every content there is. You will never learn to actually play a game and actually get good at it because if stuff doesn't just fall in your lap you throw a tantrum that nobody wants to see

Face it, anyone complaining about these easy Expert Block requirements are part of those groups who need a participation trophy just to feel good about themselves because boohoo you couldn't improve yourself to clear anything because you'd rather just sit there and expect 15* weapons to just fall in your hands and then just drop the game because theres "nothing to do"

You guys may as well be part of the Sekiro trash who wants easy mode added in, thats how pathetic gamers are these days, resort to whining, cheating, hacking because hey, I refuse to learn a game so that I can enjoy it way more than I already do.

end rant
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

@Kril where did the evil casuals hurt you? You can say, I won't tell others, promise.

Yeah I'm starting to lose sympathy from these posts I'm seeing. If you cannot clear solo XQ, you aren't as 'middle ground' as you think you are. Expert is NOT is misnomer, it is supposed to be what it is named; a matching system for players that can clear the skill level that the devs put it as. In fact, it is the playerbase in this case who got waaay too complacent because the quests for it before was pretty much an idiot test with how simple it was. They didn't even use HnH 6-10 or hell, solo PD which was just released. For the second set, they used the PARTY version when the solo version probably should have been the requirement from all the way back then.

as the higher-end folk oughta be able to find their own groups
    I don't get what this means. So the onus isn't on the so called 'mid tier' players to improve a little or just run non expert but for the players who are 'too good' to run with organised parties? It doesn't work like that. Simply put: you have 1 month to catch the expert train as it departs and literally every second that the servers are up to catch the next train. I'm not sure who your metric of casual, mid tier and high end is based off but it's not even that big of a deal. At the end of the day nobody here is entitled to anything. In fact the question should be: why do you need expert?