Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Except this isn't really help. You can't on one hand tell people to cheese it, and then complain that you need new Expert requirements because many have cheesed and it shows. I would in fact prefer a gatekeeping situation as you describe it, but from Sega; preferably one that does not give advantage to a class. The idea of Advanced Training stages per class as someone else suggested is actually a great idea.
    People aren't complaining that too many players cheesed expert requirements. They are complaining that players got carried through them, letting others do the hard work for them. Surely you understand the difference.

The videos where you see people do such challenges are in either solo-content, or in premade groups. If someone joined a Persona Trigger with 1* weapon or no-units without the consent of the rest of the group, I don't think the leader would accept to start it.
    That's because doing this solo is only for yourself but if you're playing in a group then you deliberately waste 11 other peoples' time in the name of... what, exactly? There's nothing elitist about not wasting other peoples' time and doing your best instead. Even Puso Ni had an episode about it.

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    People aren't complaining that too many players cheesed expert requirements. They are complaining that players got carried through them, letting others do the hard work for them. Surely you understand the difference.
    The suggestion that "If you have trouble just find a group and do the 4man" was as frequent as "Cheese it" when it came to unlocking Expert. Of course I understand the difference, but the means and the end result are the same: Bypassing the intended requirements. I'm fairly certain that Sega didn't consider that 3manning the XQ would be so easy through power creep even during its early life.
    Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    That's because doing this solo is only for yourself but if you're playing in a group then you deliberately waste 11 other peoples' time in the name of... what, exactly? There's nothing elitist about not wasting other peoples' time and doing your best instead. Even Puso Ni had an episode about it.
    I think you misunderstood my point here, or I misunderstood yours.

- I mention that the majority of people do not care what you do, how much effort you invest, how well affixed your equipment is etc.; they only care that you deal enough dps so that the EQ is completed faster. This point of mine assumes that we are talking about pug multiplayer content, because complaints stem from the performance of other players.
    - You counter-argue that people do not care about results, because they run 1* ungrinded challenges etc. Which is true but not relevant to the current discussion. Of course people create and attempt their own challenges (or challenges set forth by other players). But these challenges are always in either solo content (so there are no other players to hinder your effort) or in a premade group (so there is consensus on intentionally gimping one's maximum performance)
    - I revert that these challenges are done exactly in the above cases (Solo or premade with party consensus)
    - You revert that doing such a challenge in a non-consenting group is deliberately wasting others' time. And I 100% agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post

The videos where you see people do such challenges are in either solo-content, or in premade groups. If someone joined a Persona Trigger with 1* weapon or no-units without the consent of the rest of the group, I don't think the leader would accept to start it.
    I joined a expert persona pug with no units today. Using my special abacus to calculate total damage done in the course of the fight at the same time as DPS I still topped. Current expert is no more than a 6th grade logic puzzle.

https://twitter.com/caldwell41pso2/s...39149548969984

RaTe managed to complete expert requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    https://twitter.com/caldwell41pso2/s...39149548969984

RaTe managed to complete expert requirements.
    That Te/Bo player, Ray. managed it too and iirc they are running around with 12* DB, JB and 15* Wand.

br can do it with plenty of time to spare without a subclass (im a terrible br since barely played it the past few months)

Spoiler!

What is the clear time S rank solo for Earth Destroyers Trigger and the mission name translated into Japanese so I can watch some fast runs. I ran the trigger and completed it in 19 minutes so I must be doing something wrong to only get an A rank.
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic43936_3.gif
    Dumb PSU vids and Dumb PSO2 vids in the sig Rappy Gifs here

niche class combos can clear but a Lv90 HR with LS+Atra Gear still struggling to do this for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    What is the clear time S rank solo for Earth Destroyers Trigger and the mission name translated into Japanese so I can watch some fast runs. I ran the trigger and completed it in 19 minutes so I must be doing something wrong to only get an A rank.
    18mins for S rank
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

4.8 GB update...... I guess I cant play after maintenance then. that's HUGE

My only issue with the new expert requirements is that the XQ is just a slog to try to complete, since its generally just "mess up once and you have to start over" which makes doing five different fights in a row a bit tedious.

Like I can step dodge majority of the time pretty consistently, but its just losing because of those few times where I don't near the end is frustrating.

the solo deus/mother trigger req is completely fine by me since there is room for error though.