Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ceresa View Post
    For Endless, they can just run it more than once to get better rng stages, it shouldn't be a big deal if it takes a few tries, at least they'd see more of the stages and there's no cost to run it plus loot each time. But I also don't see that much difference between techer vs Guides and techer vs say Elder or stage 12 Anga.

For Masq, just remove the limit for runs that are a first clear under stage 100? They already showed they could let players run more than 5/day without cutting into the normal 5/day limit with the maintenance apology runs.
    bottom line for endless is that every player's experience is not the same, which should be the point of expert. a static piece of content *everyone* has to clear to get it. i can't tell you how many times i played lap3 while soloing aiming for forever loner just to get sacked by elder, magatsu, amdu over and over again. as a newer player, i can only imagine the kind of taste that would put in their mouth knowing they have to keep rolling to pass it when they're still "newish" to the game. the point of expert is not to try and adapt to rng, but adapt to the *game* in an unchanging environment that is 100% in the player's control.

that's still an extreme amount of time to put in just for expert. someone who learns quick at the game could get expert in a couple days. 100 masq runs would take a while particularly when 15* campaign is about to be gone so no bonus for newer players.
    Last edited by milranduil; Apr 21, 2019 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    Extremely impractical (imagine the amount of coordination required to set up at least a single MPA) and rife with potential for abuse. MMO players are infamous for deciding, as a group, that certain classes/builds/playstyles/etc are not welcome and then enforcing that decision via peer pressure. Do we really want this kind of policing to become semi-officially sanctioned, as would be the requirement if a system like this was set up?
    For the first part, that's why I mentioned being able to save those settings, so you can just enable or disable them as you please. Also, probably limiting it to setting just a certain number might be better (like 3 max with and/or modifiers).
    I do see the potential issues in the idea, but to me, that policing mindset is exactly what I am hoping for; that way, those players who truly feel they are elite can play in their own sandbox without having to complain about leechers. As it is, the only thing that Expert really dictates is the speed at which an EQ can be completed, so it's not like those who don't meet the self-dictated elite requirements would be missing out on much since the content itself wouldn't be gated.
    This could also serve at lower skill requirements to avoid things like the current issues with non-Expert XH where power levelers can drag down an MPA.
    It's never going to happen, so meh.
    Last edited by Anduril; Apr 21, 2019 at 04:55 PM.

Well, the only thing I can really say to people who claim they want to be with people who can do content. This more likely will just get some people to use hacks and/or account sharing. Which if some of you believe account sharing is unlikely then I will have to inform I was already offered for someone to do it for me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by otakun View Post
    Well, the only thing I can really say to people who claim they want to be with people who can do content. This more likely will just get some people to use hacks and/or account sharing. Which if some of you believe account sharing is unlikely then I will have to inform I was already offered for someone to do it for me lol.
    risking your account getting banned vs owning up to the fact that one is simply not good enough for expert matching
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    risking your account getting banned vs owning up to the fact that one is simply not good enough for expert matching
    Yeah, cause people never risk their accounts to use hacks ...
    Last edited by otakun; Apr 21, 2019 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    Well, this forum seems to think you must be leeching trash if you don't qualify. That doesn't help.

Classic PSOW. Moralizing skill at a game.
    Last edited by Mega Ultra Chicken; Apr 21, 2019 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Ultra Chicken View Post
    Well, this forum seems to think you must be leeching trash if you don't qualify. That doesn't help.

Classic PSOW. Moralizing skill at a game.
    Well people are always going to read what they want to. From my perspective, more people are whining and implying that players that somewhat care about playing well are clearly elitists or tryhards that don't play games for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by dont_talk_to_me View Post
    Well people are always going to read what they want to. From my perspective, more people are whining and implying that players that somewhat care about playing well are clearly elitists or tryhards that don't play games for fun.
    Well, when its too the point you encourage a system in the game to segregate the playerbase instead of forming your own groups for MPAs, how isn't that elitist?

The title for S rank solo XQ is in game already, right?
    This it? pso20190421_203653_000.jpg

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

it's ok to care and want to get the job done timely with like minded folk who are up to snuff, my only argument here is that I think s-rank phanatical phantoms will lock out people that would honestly be perfectly fine in your MPAs, but simply lack the execution on their own to pull it off; if the developers want to make pso2 a game where you play the class you want, I think it sends a mixed signal that some of the more fragile classes gotta be on point with their defensive play in order to get trhough this; that or they're sending the message of telling people to go play the classes that can handle this challenge with less skill required, which is a bit of a mixed message here.

having expert mode is ok, the s-rank solo earth destroyers requirement is fine as a combination gear+skill check; I just don't get what phanatical phantoms would be testing for from a practical standpoint when all of the problem bosses in it either die instantly when encountered in a multiparty quest, or somebody managed to survive the attack and has an atomizer lovers ring

is phanatical phantoms testing for if you know about Dear Master and Marron? Katana Counter Bonus? S1: Blue Ocean Flash? L/ JG Heavenly fall???
    Last edited by Zorak000; Apr 21, 2019 at 08:09 PM.