Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Reilet View Post
    Hero and Buster Quest pissed off a metric ton of people to the point SEGA had to change their focus on what they were doing to fix that problem.
    Important addition

Don't forget that prior to Sega course correcting there was no new Free Field planned for EP5. Buster Quests were meant to be the main mode of EP5 and get updates throughout the entire episode and Evleda weapons would be relevant for the entire episode. Prior to said course correction Advanced Classes were supposed to be better than regular classes by design and we had campaigns that specifically provided a "challenge" by prohibiting the use of a Advanced class to get the rewards. I think Chapter 3, 4 and 5 suffered the most from the course correction. Sega had to develop an entire Free Field that had basically nothing to do with the story and story Buster Quests stopped happening, now becoming just regular "break through enemy lines" quests.

I dunno how many of you noticed but Prepetual Madness takes place in the same mountain range where Chapter 3 took place in. This makes me believe that this EQ was originally planned to be released around the time Chapter 3 was Relevant and instead of Double we'd fight Loser, which probably explains why the Omega Falz Loser EQ is so disconnected from the main story and the fight itself really just regular Loser with slight tweaks. Omega Apprentice EQ too was just reviving a scrapped Idea for Mining Defense 4.

Basically Sega screwed up big time and were trying to make the best out of it. I dunno what caused it, probably lack of foresight or general lack of awareness but this wake up call had to happen because it finally made Sega adress glaring issues with the gameplay of regular classes.

i think the original story idea was to bring back the characters of the original saga PS1 to 4 , but after seeing the reception of Alis , the team said , nope this plan its not gonna work and then we got the plot of the original incarnations of the dark falzes (with exception of aprentice) .

i think that idea could work if in that season presented us ZIo (PS4 main villian) as an antagonist along with mother brain as a demon

which makes me think maybe the writer of EP4 was behind EP5 too (in the fact of not having a clear objective with the story)

just as a reminder for me EP4 was bad for the art direction in general and EP5 bad in terms of gameplay (the 4 months of hiatus after dark blast elder was crime dammit)

Quote Originally Posted by silo1991 View Post
    i think the original story idea was to bring back the characters of the original saga PS1 to 4 , but after seeing the reception of Alis , the team said , nope this plan its not gonna work and then we got the plot of the original incarnations of the dark falzes (with exception of aprentice) .

i think that idea could work if in that season presented us ZIo (PS4 main villian) as an antagonist along with mother brain as a demon

which makes me think maybe the writer of EP4 was behind EP5 too (in the fact of not having a clear objective with the story)

just as a reminder for me EP4 was bad for the art direction in general and EP5 bad in terms of gameplay (the 4 months of hiatus after dark blast elder was crime dammit)
    The real issue was gameplay balance, story had to be mutilated in favor of fixing the holes that were killing playerbase. EP5 starts slowly with world building but it didn’t last long enough, we don’t get to care for a lot of characters (Lutz, Alis) and they are mostly shoved down our throats. Regarding more PS characters appearing, they were going to be supports for each arc but that idea was scrapped. The whole dark falz backstories was the fastest and safest route they could take.
    Regarding buster locations, the original idea was 1 or 2 buster areas per kingdom, we barely got 3 areas. They mentioned they wanted a full offense buster (they released a lq as test, but that didn’t work either) This content is worse than ride quests, how can you make something worse than ride quests?
    Last edited by wahahaha; Apr 14, 2019 at 03:48 PM.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by wahahaha View Post
    The real issue was gameplay balance, story had to be mutilated in favor of fixing the holes that were killing playerbase. EP5 starts slowly with world building but it didn’t last long enough, we don’t get to care for a lot of characters (Lutz, Alis) and they are mostly shoved down our throats. Regarding more PS characters appearing, they were going to be supports for each arc but that idea was scrapped. The whole dark falz backstories was the fastest and safest route they could take.
    Regarding buster locations, the original idea was 1 or 2 buster areas per continent, we barely got 3 areas. They mentioned they wanted a full offense buster (they released a lq as test, but that didn’t work either) This content is worse than ride quests, how can you make something worse than ride quests?
    if you talk about that beautiful line ver of buster quest yeah how can you screw up more than riding quest DX ,

and again buster quest had so much potential wasted , i still dream with the attack of clones promo U_U

so goodbye Hero and katana Br guren spam?

we'll see

Quote Originally Posted by NightlightPro View Post
    so goodbye Hero and katana Br guren spam?

we'll see
    No one gurren spams anymore, get with the times
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    No one gurren spams anymore, get with the times
    There are more than you think, just like SU spamming Wanda Shock on bosses... _(:3
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    oh boy cant wait for this class to be op on release and for everyone and their mom to run only this class for a week and failing all the EQs.

Quote Originally Posted by Poyonche View Post
    There are more than you think, just like SU spamming Wanda Shock on bosses... _(:3
    Ugh dont remind me, ive seen SU's use Wanda on persona throughout the whole fight
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers