Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 25323334353637 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    since translations are out I replayed story quest

Persona mentioned the Primordial Darkness is the antithesis of photoners. It is not born, it is always is. And then there's the whole thing about time traveling back to the moment before Akashic Record is even a thing. Does that mean Primordial Darkness is indeed, a primordial malevelont being, the root of every Profound Darkness that exist throughout the multiverse of phantasy star series instead of something photoners accidentally made or its something akin to Grandfather paradox going around here?
    Personally, what would be cool for me is the following:
    Have a separate universe / dimension where Profound Darkness, Dark Falzes and Darkers are actually the natural inhabitants and "good" guys, and they're being invaded by the Great Light / Photoners and they have to defend themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    Have a separate universe / dimension where Profound Darkness, Dark Falzes and Darkers are actually the natural inhabitants and "good" guys, and they're being invaded by the Great Light / Photoners and they have to defend themselves.
    since yugioh GX i have been wonder how a world created by forces of darkness would look like , and yes yugioh world was indeed forged by forces of darkness

and yeah despite i hate that anime i liked that thematic

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    Why are we still kicking a dead horse lol.
    Because the western fanbase hates ep 4 so whenever anything related to it comes up, people need to spend time performatively dunking on it to show that they are with the ingroup. It's the pso2 shibboleth. And heavens forbid if you actually like it.

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    I think the issue with Shiva's defeat is that she was a little too invincible and has had bland characterization throughout the story. I think quite a few people grew numb of Shiva. After several chapters of her being smug and infallible, when she finally starts to show some cracks, its a bit too late.]
    This right here is the issue with that character. Literally nothing was happening and suddenly she loses because of something we could have done from the very beginning instead of faffing about on Earth.

Well, I liked episode 6, overall. It's not the peak of pso2 writing(which would still be ep 2-3), but there was a lot to enjoy, imo. I actually wish it was a bit longer, which I'm pretty sure is a first.
    And now for spoilers.

The ending was... very interesting. In the sense that there was quite a bit of bad as usual, but also a lot of genuine good! The three bossfights were all actually great, we got some pretty nice character moments plus some actually decent fight choreography, boy could the entire story mode have used more of that. Despite the cheesiness, the end credit gave me chills. They managed to make it feel like the end of something big, props to them for that.

... now unfortunately... there's the bad, too. Beyond the fact that they once again try to raise the stakes without having anyone die or at least actually get hurt, they really rushed Shiva's demise, which was simply unsatisfying after all that buildup. Then the literal power of waifus saves us, which, well, is extremely fitting if nothing else, but still not exactly what I'm looking for in a story. Also, we birthed the universe apparently... whatever. More importantly, within the span of a minute the stakes completely flip; Shiva is done, time for a completely new threat... first, why? Shiva is the profound darkness, what came next could easily have been new forms, but also, things feel very... segmented, as a result. Almost none of the final events had anything to do with Ep 6 in particular, which is such a weird choice.
    And boy, overall, I don't think I've ever seen a bigger deus ex machina than the entire character of Xion, nor will I ever see one most likely. She died 4 episodes ago, yet is still the key to everything to the very end.

In any case, the gameplay carried this, and I'm glad for that at the very least. Spectacular stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    Because the western fanbase hates ep 4 so whenever anything related to it comes up, people need to spend time performatively dunking on it to show that they are with the ingroup. It's the pso2 shibboleth. And heavens forbid if you actually like it.
    Considering global just got access to it, don't expect people to quiet down anytime soon. I can't pretend I enjoyed episode 4 myself all that much either, it's the main reason why I skipped on the story mode for roughly three years, and I withstood most of the og matterboard stuff in japanese(which I can't read), so I think that's saying a lot. Still, going through it recently for the sake of it, it did have its moments and I do like some of its characters(as well as violently dislike a few others).
    Last edited by Cyclon; Aug 21, 2020 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclon View Post
    Considering global just got access to it, don't expect people to quiet down anytime soon.
    Yeah, I already saw people from the NA servers go "I heard ep 4 was bad so I'll just skip the cutscenes". But I also saw some go "everyone told me ep 4 was bad, but I actually quite liked it".

It'd be better if we allow new players to experience content without any expectations as opposed to priming them. And whether they end up liking it or hating it, that's fine as long as it's their own decision and not because the whole fanbase told them how to react beforehand.

after 3 weeks absent of the game because of several crisis in this month , at least i got a temporal modem to play but its not worth for long runs .

Spoiler!

the conclusion of this season: i liked the whole artistic direction the game took , the luminmechs gave me the witty vibe the series should do .
    i liked the villains but it was shame all of them died to fast , also i agree Shiva hold back specially because she hold PD consience , she could summon darkers to swarm the Arks but as we saw in the Armada EQ they got relegated to support the luminmechs , unless the LM materialaze out of nowhere just like with Flo cloning ability .

And yes, the lack of big titty Profound Darkness was also a bummer for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    PSO2: Shadowbringers.

Become what you must. Become. The Guardian of Darkness.

I know there's a prologue coming, but I doubt it would change anything. How would y'all rank the main story? Mine is: EP2 > EP3 > EP6 > EP4 > EP5 > EP1.

Quote Originally Posted by rokkuman View Post
    I know there's a prologue coming, but I doubt it would change anything. How would y'all rank the main story? Mine is: EP2 > EP3 > EP6 > EP4 > EP5 > EP1.
    I'd go with EP2 > EP1 > EP6 > EP3 > EP4 > EP5. Chapter 5 of EP2 especially has been my favourite part of the entire story.