Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 111819202122232431 ... LastLast
    The Place of Weissbier and People with funny accents

:EDIT: Woops someone explained it already. Reading everything helps.

While i admit Shiva isn't my favorite PSO2 Villain I don't think it's as bad as people say here. I mean yeah she seems invincible right now but we actually haven't tried that much and the recent plan would have even worked if Shiva didn't anticipate it and we did at least get one of them. Other people already said everything else so I leave it at that.

On a side note it seems Stratos actually explained this time what happened between her and Kyouka. Can anybody actually explain what she said and why Kyouka is semmingly so angry? I understand something happened with their other Friend but not what. Also I agree that it's probably the Caseal Trainer going by how Stratos shortened her name.
    Last edited by Shear; Dec 5, 2019 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shear View Post
    While i admit Shiva isn't my favorite PSO2 Villain I don't think it's as bad as people say here. I mean yeah she seems invincible right now but we actually haven't tried that much and the recent plan would have even worked if Shiva didn't anticipate it and we did at least get one of them. Other people already said everything else so I leave it at that.
    You have to understand. People have to wait months for an update to the story so to wait that long only for the latest update to ultimately have no meaningful progress and being right back to square one is frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    That's not it, at least for me. It doesn't matter if she's sympathetic or not. You can do a villain with no sympathetic qualities and still make them fun to watch. Hell, the game itself pulled this off years ago with Shiva's "brother", Luther. Flawed as EP2 was, at least I was entertained with how unrepentantly evil he was. And, though I don't want to derail this conversation too much with the MCU again, the best example of Shiva done right there is Hela, a goddess of "demise" herself. No sympathetic qualities and wrecks the heroes with relative ease through sheer brute force yet its not boring to watch her.

As everyone else said, the other factor to why Shiva and the plot to beat her is bland right now is because the audience is already aware of what doesn't work against Shiva but the plot insists on drawing out the conflict until a solution is introduced without doing anything interesting in-between beyond reminding us that Shiva is just too OP... again. Even seemingly obvious solutions like siccing Phaleg on Shiva is rendered null, even though Phaleg should be a very hard counter to Shiva.
    Dunno. Hela was hella boring of a villain and most of the movie was about Thor and Loki not interacting with her but instead going on a whacky adventure. I dont think EP6 would be better if Shiva was torturing arks while MC is on a whacky adventure with matoi, finding mother on the way who refuses to leave her Falz form while tagging up with Aika, a fallen valkyrie.

Plus it's really selling the story short by saying we're back to square one. Xiao's new form completely countered that sword guy in chapter 2 and in chapter 3 we managed to kill off shape shifter girl. We're just now introducing EP4 characters into the story which seem to have a advantage due to Ether which does fit the "turning the tides" title of this chapter. I understand that the time period between story updates kills the pacing but this is true for almost every episode thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    You have to understand. People have to wait months for an update to the story so to wait that long only for the latest update to ultimately have no meaningful progress and being right back to square one is frustrating.
    That's actually a very good point.
    From what I understand we aren't atleast not fully at Square one. The end had the Squatters in our head actually seriously discuss the situation (after getting slapped around like cannon fodder) and even Shiva decided to stop being passive so I assume a lot of movement will happen now. The Episodes usually had a point where shit hit the Photon Fan so I guess we are close to that point now.

... on a side note I can't be the only one thinking that the Falz actually being able to properly manifest and fight is ... well technically a big deal?

... on a side note I can't be the only one thinking that the Falz actually being able to properly manifest and fight is ... well technically a big deal?
    It's something that also happened in Omega, but until now we didn't know it could happen outside of Omega.
    A bigger deal would be Persona, I think. Before this chapter there were only small traces of Persona's presence.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

Yeah ... and only Shiva knows that happened because everyone else was knocked out including our Mind Squatters.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post

Plus it's really selling the story short by saying we're back to square one. Xiao's new form completely countered that sword guy in chapter 2
    Only reason he countered Varuna is because he was fighting Xiao's new home turf which is loaded with Dragonkin crystals.
    test

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    Only reason he countered Varuna is because he was fighting Xiao's new home turf which is loaded with Dragonkin crystals.
    inb4 mining base defense: Amduskia

Dan Backslide is way more intimidating then Shiva...

On a side note it seems Stratos actually explained this time what happened between her and Kyouka. Can anybody actually explain what she said and why Kyouka is semmingly so angry? I understand something happened with their other Friend but not what. Also I agree that it's probably the Caseal Trainer going by how Stratos shortened her name.
    The story of "Next Generation" ARKS seems pretty moving.
    I think that missing friend of Stratos and Kyokuya indeed was turned into the CAST and will be a trainer of Etoile class.

UPD: All these speculations about Light/Dark and Justice/Evil smells pretty chuunibyou to me >_<
    Last edited by Zulastar; Dec 5, 2019 at 06:55 PM.