Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2431323334353637 LastLast

Has anyone else noticed the resemblance between the new PD and a booma from PSO1?
    "Well, the important thing is, you were mad online about a fictional universe." - Mangini In A Bottle - io9

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Also, I don't know why anyone would complain about the solution involving the literal power of friendship when it's been established multiple times that photons react to emotions. It's only natural that the culmination of negative emotions would be beaten by the culmination of positive ones.
    I thought Earth's universe didn't have Photons

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    photons are everywhere , earthlings just cant use them.

dont you remember in EP5 Persona wanted to erase photons from the akashic record , so he could plunge the multiverse in absolute darkness
    Last edited by silo1991; Aug 20, 2020 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by landman View Post
    So did I. But honestly one of the big takeaways I got from going through episode 4 and actually paying attention was that Aether is fundamentally the same thing just a bit more specialized towards manifesting things and transferring information. Otherwise they work pretty much the same way and with the same rules.

"Wait, it's all photons?"
    "Always has been."

Quote Originally Posted by silo1991 View Post
    photons its everywhere , earthlings just cant use them
    Actually they can. They make a point of mentioning that when in the Oracle universe the earthlings use photons instead of Aether to make their embodied weapons. The reverse is also true to a lesser extent. Aether is similar enough that you can do most of the same things with it. The biggest difference is that Aether doesn't produce as much raw energy, and is more specialized as I said before, but on a micro level you can do the same stuff with Aether as you can with photons and vice versa.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Aug 20, 2020 at 03:36 PM.

I felt the same way at first, but honestly the combination of the events of the end of episode 6 and playing through episode 4 dubbed in global, I appreciate Hitsugi a lot more as a character. I genuinely feel like the only reason people dislike episode 4 so much is mainly because of the setting, but the characters are actually fine. Well a few are at least.
    Personally I think the reason why people dislike ep 4 is because they made assumptions before the episode was even out and that colored their impressions negatively. If you get into something thinking that it will be bad and you'll hate it, more often than not you will actually end up hating it, funny how that works. Especially if the dialogue is in Japanese and the player doesn't understand JP nor cares to even try to figure out what's going on because "it's bad so not worth my time anyway".

I disliked ep 4 at first because it felt like nothing happens and you're just spying on two schoolgirls, and the wait between story updates felt unbearable. But as the episode progressed I warmed up more and more to it and in the end it's my personal favorite - it's not great, but no PSO2 episode is. Single scenes, sometimes even chapters are, but not whole episodes. They tend to average out to somewhere between meh and adequate.

Shame about Bethor's VA having to drop the character so quickly because of health reasons. Wonder what role in the plot would he have if Ryusei Nakao stuck around. Hitsugi's VA also had a health-related hiatus but fortunately she managed before ep 6.

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    ... the wait between story updates felt unbearable. ...
    This was definitely my biggest issue, both with the original physical wait and the pacing of the story, particularly at the beginning of the Episode. That first part up until Bethor showed up just felt soooooo loooooong and tedious, but the pace really picked up in a way that made me want to see where things were going. I do imagine, though, that having to go through it on multiple characters for the sake of the rewards probably just amplified the tediousness for me more than it really was, even though on most characters I was skipping through the scenes.

Actually, the reason I dislike EP4 are because of its one-dimensional characters, superficial character development, awful twist villain at the last minute, and feeling severely disconnected from the main overarching plot.

To sum it up, its a filler episode.

So when Hitsugi came in as one of the heroines to save the Player, to me, it didn't feel as much of an emotional pay off as Harriet and Matoi.

Quote Originally Posted by loafhero View Post
    Actually, the reason I dislike EP4 are because of its one-dimensional characters, superficial character development, awful twist villain at the last minute, and feeling severely disconnected from the main overarching plot.

To sum it up, its a filler episode.

So when Hitsugi came in as one of the heroines to save the Player, to me, it didn't feel as much of an emotional pay off as Harriet and Matoi.
    I mean, episode 4 is still the worst episode, I just think people come down too hard on it. It's supposed to be an intermission/filler, but I appreciate Hitsugi being there because I like her specifically, and I feel like she as a character works in this case, regardless of what was going on around her.

I mean, episode 4 is still the worst episode, I just think people come down too hard on it. It's supposed to be an intermission/filler, but I appreciate Hitsugi being there because I like her specifically, and I feel like she as a character works in this case, regardless of what was going on around her.
    If that's what you feel, then sure. More power to you

Why are we still kicking a dead horse lol.
    test