Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 263334353637 LastLast

personally from artistic perspective EP2> EP1 > EP3 > = EP6 > EP5 > EP4 (Which im never going to change my opinion about it )

PS: PSO2 TAS its a worthless filth

Quote Originally Posted by rokkuman View Post
    I know there's a prologue coming, but I doubt it would change anything. How would y'all rank the main story? Mine is: EP2 > EP3 > EP6 > EP4 > EP5 > EP1.
    EP 4 > EP 3 > EP 5 > EP 6 ~= EP 1 > EP 2.
    Last edited by TehCubey; Aug 28, 2020 at 03:41 PM.

As far as the story goes, for me it's Ep2/3 (They blend together so much for me)>Ep5>EP6>EP4>EP1

EP6 is my favorite in terms of actual content and aesthetic though.

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    EP 4 > EP 3 > EP 5 > EP 6 ~= EP 1 > EP 2.

I'm honestly super curious why episode 4 is your favorite. Or why 2 is your least favorite for that matter.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Aug 28, 2020 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I'm honestly super curious why episode 4 is your favorite. Or why 2 is your least favorite for that matter.
    Episode 4:

It's just a well told self-contained story that still has ties to the rest of the game, and thus a good entry point for new players.
    There's some cringe (such as any time Kohri is on screen) but other than that I liked the new characters:
    I liked Hitsugi and her growth and relationship with her bro,
    I liked Mother and how she was a sympathetic and yet clearly antagonistic character,
    Phaleg was fucking amazing, and while kinda stereotypical Ardem was alright too, and another character Enga had a good relationship with.
    Both Mom and Deus had great aesthetics as bosses as well.
    It's also the first episode when the game was getting good about its cutscene choreography, and you get some really good cutscene fight scenes such as you and Matoi doing the synchronized battle-dance together, Evangelion style.
    In terms of subplots, the episode also focuses on entertaining or fun characters while not being afraid to drop the boring, one-note personality ones (Ohza, Marlu, etc).

Episode 2:

My issue is simple - NOTHING HAPPENS. Most of the episode is a total waste of time: you do some exploration around Wopal but find nothing conclusive or nothing that would propel the plot forward. There were only two exceptions, the chapter where you go back in time to rescue Ulc and the finale.
    I know the finale is also well liked, but I dislike it for a variety of reasons: 1. way too long. 2. It's built on a stupid premise that the Council of Six, who already knew and trusted you by this point, are suddenly willing to hunt you down for a minor infraction just because Luther told them so. 3. in the end the player character's presence in the whole thing is unnecessary because NPCs solve all the problems between themselves. Even Luther gets rekt by Regius and not by you.
    Speaking of which, Echo's role in the finale is offensive to the whole character and makes everything she does in the episode completely pointless. Basically her whole character development is undone and from this point she's only what she was in ep 1, Zeno's useless support waifu whose whole personality and purpose in life revolves around the dude she has a crush on.
    Wopal natives are annoying and Cabracan's antics with Echo are cringy and unfunny.
    Everyone's favorite space incel Luther has surprisingly little presence even though the episode was supposed to be all about him.
    The whole episode is really short content-wise, so much so that the current version slapped Afin's arc here. It was actually from episode 3 though, I know because I was there when it was released, so it doesn't count for ep 2. I'd like ep 2 a little more if that arc took place during it, since it was pretty good (despite having Gettemhart), but it doesn't.

EDIT:
    By the way, here is my question about episode 2. When ep 6 concluded, I saw people being disappointed that it felt like "filler" and like there were no stakes because Shiva didn't kill any named characters and Xiao's demise was quickly undone.

But at the same time, ep 2 didn't kill any named characters except Luther either, and in fact two of them came back. So we have a total named character death count of -1, yet I don't see anyone complain about that. Why is that?
    Last edited by TehCubey; Aug 28, 2020 at 05:09 PM.

All stuff happening in EP2
    -Melrondia finally opening up to you after going through the Darker Den
    -Afin and Apprentice's arc
    -Fourier discovering herself or something
    -What was going on Wopal, learning about the origins of its native and what Luther had to do with it
    -meeting with Xiao and Ro Kamitsu
    -going back in time to save Zeno and Ulc
    -while Luther only have a small window with his screentime but it gives a lot of insight who he is, we get to know who Luther is by finding out what he was doing with Xiao's guidance because normal means don't work since everything is under his watch, if that's a load of nothing for you then be our guest i guess.
    -in the end what brought him down was his own arrogance believing he had everything under control without doing much against ARKS rebeliion, believing Xion is merely an observer who would do nothing other than giving guidance to the mc. It completely crushed his ego when Xion started to actively go against him, something he believed in his entire lifetime Xion wouldn't do. I'm pretty sure he had zero knowledge about Xiao's existence either until Xiao showed himself, which completely breaks him further about Xion not doing anything actively.

During EP1-2 or even within those 50 years, Regius cant do anything since Luther was the one who saved and hold ARKS as his hostage, if Regius were to suddenly revolt against Luther, Luther would happily yeet ARKS and just wait for another generation of ARKS for him to use to carry out his plans for get Xion, another hundred years would be fine with him as long as he can get what he wants. Luther's plans makes no sense because of his obsession of omniscience, and being Dark Falz. You could say he is the embodiment of the 7th deadly sins known as greed. He does not give a shit about anything except for what he wants until he gets stuck in Double.

"Even Luther gets rekt by Regius and not by you." I dont know why is this even a problem, Regius dealt too much shit with Luther its only fair for him to give the final blow, by giving Luther a big fucking irony in the face of him being a Dark Falz the enemy of ARKS which gives Regius more reason to yeet him right here right now.

IMO, a lot of things do happen in EP2 and EP3 compared to whatever happened in EP4 and EP5, EP4/EP5 is just too self contained for me it got uninteresting at some point.

Episode Oracle kinda expanded and added more things which makes me appreciate EP1 and EP2 more, too bad they kinda dumbed down EP2 Luther climax and leave out Harukotan in the anime

If they ever make Episode:Earth anime and expanded the lore in it, maybe I'd have a better opinion on whatever is happening in EP4.

The scene with Ardem barely had any insight with why he was doing it other than "human evolution is at a sluggish pace for the last hundred years(with zero proof at all humans are devolving or declining in quality) so imma materialize god to reset the universe". Not really an interesting goal imo, I guess I could say the same with any God complex character I guess.
    Last edited by Meteor Weapon; Aug 29, 2020 at 12:50 AM.
    test

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    All stuff happening in EP2
    -Melrondia finally opening up to you after going through the Darker Den
    While nice, that was an extra chapter that takes place after the main storyline.

-Afin and Apprentice's arc
    That was episode 3.

-Fourier discovering herself or something
    Fourier is another of those pointless one-note characters I don't give a crap about, and neither does the game because it didn't bother to explore her personality, just went "oh she can talk to lilipans somehow".

-What was going on Wopal, learning about the origins of its native and what Luther had to do with it
    Once again, inconclusive and while it's a bit of lore, it's nothing that helps propel the plot forward or let us get an advantage over Luther in any way. We only learn he was doing things, but those things have no bearing on what's going on right now.

-meeting with Xiao and Ro Kamitsu
    -going back in time to save Zeno and Ulc
    Okay, I bunched those two together but other than that, I already said that happens. It's also very important, unlike most of ep 2.

During EP1-2 or even within those 50 years, Regius cant do anything since Luther was the one who saved and hold ARKS as his hostage, if Regius were to suddenly revolt against Luther, Luther would happily yeet ARKS and just wait for another generation of ARKS for him to use to carry out his plans for get Xion, another hundred years would be fine with him as long as he can get what he wants.
    Yeah, except in the end... Regius killed Luther anyway. For someone who held ARKS hostage, Luther sure did seem to have a pretty weak grasp on them. It looks like he had some kind of killswitch but only installed it in the researchers he was working with and even if he used another emergency code, Quna could just cancel that one as well.

Just saying, there's no reason why Regius would believe Luther over us especially if he knows that Luther is shady as fuck.

Luther's plans makes no sense because of his obsession of omniscience, and being Dark Falz. You could say he is the embodiment of the 7th deadly sins known as greed. He does not give a shit about anything except for what he wants until he gets stuck in Double.
    I didn't say Luther's plans make no sense so I'm not sure why you are bringing it up. But regardless, saying "he's so crazy/obsessed" to explain why his actions make no sense is such lazy storywriting.

"Even Luther gets rekt by Regius and not by you." I dont know why is this even a problem,
    The problem is that the player character's presence in the finale is 100% unnecessary. As I mentioned in my post before, the NPCs work everything out between themselves, without your input or influence. All you do is being a passive observer.

If a story (by that I mean the final chapter, not the whole of ep 2) played out the same way with the supposed main character staying home instead of participating, would it be a good story? Personally I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    If they ever make Episode:Earth anime and expanded the lore in it, maybe I'd have a better opinion on whatever is happening in EP4
    knowing that PSO2 will long last for more years , maybe Sega even wants to replicate Nexon bussiness model (that company have many old games which are still alive up today) gives me hope to see EP4 to 6 adapted into an anime

i personally think EP4 must be adapted into an amalgamation of Ezimaruth story arc from PSO2es with Mother as their leader and Ezi domaining the ether and phantoms and of course use this as an oportunity to give the phantoms a freaking redboot to their aesthetics .

but if EP4 its adapted just like it i will be intrigue about how its gonna be executed and EP5 uff definiitely need a lot of add ons specially at the start , hell in my story videos i make up the story up to verun arc with the sectarians element (which surely needs)

i summarize the mentioned arcs, remember active subtitles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Fugb2_Gq4M

because who were the villains? , who made Lutz gone mad ? that was ambiguous at the moment and the real enemies werent present up to verun arc and the story simply didnt show Elmir was involve in the mess of Cuent arc.

my point is Cuent arc was very ambiguous
    Last edited by silo1991; Aug 29, 2020 at 01:05 PM.

Tidbit from the epilogue:

If I understand correctly*, Casra talks about the power of Photons and how it's not impossible that in the future photon users will come into conflict with one another. He hopes this will not happen but somehow I suspect this might be a clue regarding the identity of enemies in NGS.

* - My Japanese is not the best so I may have missed or misunderstood something.
    Last edited by TehCubey; Sep 7, 2020 at 03:31 AM.

Since PD is no longer in the equation, civilizations of the universe would probably no longer at risk at heavy usage of photons as in attracting Darkers or manifest a Dark Falz like in the case of Ezimarut's(not sure if they ever did used photons in their tech since I dont know their lore). Not sure if DOLLS are an inside conflict or originated from a civilization that mastered the use of photons in their tech and started using it as a war tool. Since there was nothing holding back everyone from abusing photons, someone came up with the conclusion that the Profound Darkness was a necessity in the balance of the universe and tried to bring it back, not entirely realizing why ARKS sealed it in the first place. Hence the result of that was why we see Dark Falzes existing in IDOLA in the first place, albeit in another faraway place and a long time after NGS.

Just a speculation tho, but that would make a nice plot in bringing back PD.
    test

I have not played idola or pso2es (and can't understand japanese so why bother) but I was expecting idola to take place shortly after PSO2, unless they are freezing and waking up matoi for many centuries and milenia into the future. Also it's not the first time falzes survive the End of the Profound Darkness, chronologically, Phantasy Star 3 takes place 1000 years after Phantasy Star 4, and a falz (or more than one) that left Algol 2000 years ago is still pursuing the escape world ships. That's obviously a plot hole since they didn't even think about the PD when they did PS3, but still some explanation should exist, like maybe falzes can survive, but they can't resurrect.

When I saw the dolls in the trailer I thought they looked like stateria, so basically darker killer golems from the Ancients (PSU), not sure how would that work