Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I think my biggest disappointment for the start of this episode is the ludonarative dissonance with the characters talking about how tough the new enemies are, as I stomp my way through them without even really paying attention to what they're doing. I get that story quests shouldn't be too hard or anything, especially right at the start of an episode, but it didn't really sell the threat.

I'm excited to see where the story goes though.

I don't think she ever said their other friend died.
    Weird, I actually saw damage reduction on my end every time I didn't attack their core. Then again, Story Mode Normal has an actual difficulty cap on it, irregardless of where your current level actually puts you (that, and I imagine you're kitted out for last episode's endgame, so that probably plays a factor).

Yeah, at this point Story Mode could use a Hard Mode or some shit. Mere suggestion though. Oh, and an AI upgrade, because the AI in this game is still not aggro enough for my (or anyone else's) liking - then again, if they did that they'd make every non-EQ quest a graveyard anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Renvalt View Post
    Weird, I actually saw damage reduction on my end every time I didn't attack their core.
    That's exactly what I mean though. The fact that I was rolling through them without even having to think despite the damage reduction is pretty telling. I'm sure the ones in UH will actually be more of a threat, it's just the contrast between what was going on in the story and what was going on in the gameplay that was getting me. It's just a nitpick.

In terms of AI, while a lot of older mobs could probably stand to be more aggressive, in general I think a lot of enemies are plenty aggressive. I think I can live without every single enemy being apostolo dragon.

That's exactly what I mean though. The fact that I was rolling through them without even having to think despite the damage reduction is pretty telling. I'm sure the ones in UH will actually be more of a threat, it's just the contrast between what was going on in the story and what was going on in the gameplay that was getting me. It's just a nitpick.

In terms of AI, while a lot of older mobs could probably stand to be more aggressive, in general I think a lot of enemies are plenty aggressive. I think I can live without every single enemy being apostolo dragon.
    Regarding the second quote: I was referring to the Partner Card AI, not the enemies. But since you mentioned the enemies, I'd be okay if the enemies had their aggressiveness bumped up JUST a tad in all difficulties. Not that much, mind you, but enough to actually make fights somewhat interesting.

That being said, I'm fine with how things are. I don't want to punish the newbies TOO hard, especially since Fang Banshee took Rockbear's place (which makes me wonder why Ragne hasn't taken Gwanahda's place yet).

Oh, I wouldn't mind updates for partner character AI, but I don't think it's super important, and I doubt they'd be able to get them to work as well as something like the AI partners in God Eater or whatever. As long as I get my shifta, deband and megiverse from the techers I'm good.

I don't think she ever said their other friend died.
    Well I just assumed so since Stratos was mind broken for a while but we'll see.

On enemy difficulty: I'd say enemy aggressiveness isn't the problem but their mobility. Enemies like Omega Hunar, Double and Apostolo aren't annoying because of their outgoing damage, but because we have to chase them a lot while they move around. Apostolo is the exception in that his outgoing damage is sometimes in the order of our max hp.

Has it been datamined (or mentioned) how much healing reduction UH will impose? If it is just 10%, that's not even a slap on the wrist. I'd say that even 50% is not enough to make us consider what we are going to let it hit us than play safe. If it is Phaleg levels of healing reduction, then we'll pretty much have to either avoid absolutely everything, or have a dedicated Megiverse caster.

On story: I just watched the cutscene with Kyo and Stratos again. There was no mention of their friend dying. So unless Sega pulls a plot twist, their friend is the 3rd successor class instructor.

Our friend Ash managed to trigger halfline during his part in the trailer, it healed him for about 35% hp and took a trimate from his inventory.
    Last edited by vantpers; May 12, 2019 at 03:08 PM.

if they're going to keep on nerfing healing effects then can they please atleast give hunter another survivability option that isnt a random 1/4 chance of just not working please? trying to do anything with Wired Lances without automate working properly is just painful to do, and I really dont want my main screwed over yet again because sega refuses to do any other solutions to making things harder than just "lol make their healing suck"

Quote Originally Posted by Flatflyer View Post
    ...because sega refuses to do any other solutions to making things harder than just "lol make their healing suck"
    Healing reduction hasn't been applied as often as other "solutions" for making harder content. In fact, this is the first time I remember it in multiplayer content since Odin 3 years ago. It has only been employed in "cutting edge" solo content, with the exception of some XQ floors.

So far we just had enemies instakill, knockdown or move real fast to make us change the way we approach content. I think it will be a nice change of pace to have players pay attention to the green bar. It will also "kill" the concept of "i'll just take the hit, lifesteal is OP anyway".

It would be a great QoL change to allow us to stock up to 99 of each mate and atomizer. This should help with melees running out of heal options. If we are going to use them anyway, why spend time going back to campship.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatflyer View Post
    if they're going to keep on nerfing healing effects then can they please atleast give hunter another survivability option that isnt a random 1/4 chance of just not working please? trying to do anything with Wired Lances without automate working properly is just painful to do, and I really dont want my main screwed over yet again because sega refuses to do any other solutions to making things harder than just "lol make their healing suck"
    You have a 360° block button and 1,4s invulnerability when charging PA on Sword and Partizan. Unless UH explorations are different from XQ healing penalty then Lifesteal abilities won't be nerfed so you could make a Atlas Weapon ready.