Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2128293031323334 ... LastLast

So I guess we can conclusively say that PSO2's story has no relation with any past games.
    test

Quote Originally Posted by Meteor Weapon View Post
    So I guess we can conclusively say that PSO2's story has no relation with any past games.
    The relations are very small but they're still there, right? The original cast appearing in Omega was a nice touch, although undeveloped.

Posting this avoiding every message from last week.... any estimate date for the English patch?

Now that Idola is getting a proper localization, would someone mind spoiling me Vandor's relations with Oracle? I read somewhere that it's implied to be a distant future, but I've seen scenes of Matoi appearing in the main story.

Quote Originally Posted by rokkuman View Post
    Now that Idola is getting a proper localization, would someone mind spoiling me Vandor's relations with Oracle? I read somewhere that it's implied to be a distant future, but I've seen scenes of Matoi appearing in the main story.
    i been playing the game almost a month and im curious too.

i finished Ep1 a week ago

I so out on Shiva and her MUHHHAAA I AM EEEEBILLL that I dont care to go back and view EP 6 when its translated.

While I enjoyed the conclusion somewhat I find myself dissatisfied with a lot of things. Mostly the time travel ability conveniently coming back up (if I understand correctly) to get rid of PD. If it were so easy to time travel so far back with the [Profound Darkness] then Persona should have done that ages ago.

Shiva somehow being defeated by the MC and Matoi (even with help) despite not even two chapters ago they went out of their way to state she was as powerful as the sum of all ARKS members. The grand majority of Episode 6 spent so much time making her flex her power and us wasting time doing absolutely nothing to her that it feels like it came out of the blue when she was defeated - using Photons no less.

I really want to like Episode 6 but it fell short with me just because of a lack of real direction and it didn't feel like anything was really happening. Any sort of sacrifices or losses weren't serious and were immediately rectified, we had a terrible filler chapter that served no purpose, and I feel like a potentially good villain was wasted.

Well, at least the final attack against the [Primordial Darkness] was better than Stargazer despite also being pretty cheesy too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransu View Post
    Shiva somehow being defeated by the MC and Matoi (even with help) despite not even two chapters ago they went out of their way to state she was as powerful as the sum of all ARKS members. The grand majority of Episode 6 spent so much time making her flex her power and us wasting time doing absolutely nothing to her that it feels like it came out of the blue when she was defeated - using Photons no less.
    They were able to defeat her only thanks to the 2 barriers, the one that Harriet did on Omega (which covers the entire universe I think, but was shown to not be enough) plus the one that Sukunahime did on site.
    PSO2 EN (Ship 1): Johana
    PSO2 JP (Ship 2): Johana, Ezodagrom, Luppi, Lana, Yukari, Blune, Elysia, Elena
    PSU EN/JP: Johana, Blune, Ezodagrom, Luppi/Johana, Lana

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ezodagrom
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ezodagrom

If it were so easy to time travel so far back with the [Profound Darkness] then Persona should have done that ages ago.
    Easy? We only managed to do it because we managed to convince Xion not to be a passive observer anymore AND because we had Matoi, Harriett and best girl Hitsugi rushing to our aid. Persona got none of that.

Shiva somehow being defeated by the MC and Matoi (even with help) despite not even two chapters ago they went out of their way to state she was as powerful as the sum of all ARKS members.
    We've set up a universe-wide barrier in Omega that weakened the Photoners and had Sukunahime's blessing. I'm puzzled how you managed to miss that.

Any sort of sacrifices or losses weren't serious and were immediately rectified, we had a terrible filler chapter that served no purpose, and I feel like a potentially good villain was wasted.
    Not every story needs sacrifice and loss. There are ways of building up meaningful stakes and drama other than killing characters off. Not every story needs to be Game of Thrones.

But I'll agree that ep 6 feels like a filler episode, between nothing much happening (except Sukunahime and Kotoshiro being done dirty, which they totally didn't deserve, being the best part of ep 3) and every individual chapter being very short. The best parts were the finale and the opportunity to interact with old characters again - I mean the enjoyable ones, fuck Ohza, Marlu, Aki, etc. The successor class leads' subplot was fun too.

Also Shiva was an awful stereotypical So Strong smug git of an antagonist straight out of DBZ and I'm happy in the end she was basically a filler villain, as the finale's best part was about us dealing with PD instead.
    Last edited by TehCubey; Aug 13, 2020 at 02:36 PM.

we have the omega wide barrier which shiva admits to us has weakened her. in addition, if i'm understanding the translation correctly, sukunahime and xiao team up together to buff us precisely with the power of all ark's photons. this combination is what finally puts us on an even level, why shiva immediately gets pissed off (it also mirrors her creation by the photoners), and why we are able to beat her.