Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1825262728293031 ... LastLast

Can't wait for big titty Profound Darkness!

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceBrightstar View Post
    The problem is that it isn't just one reference. Sega's been hinting at this for a while. This was another of the pieces of evidence of what was happening.
    Sega hasn't been hinting at anything dude, it's all just fanservice. You're seeing things where there's nothing.

Even Orakio was supposed to show up at one point in Es-Ars as proven by dataminers but that was scrapped for the rebalance.
    That is completely false, I've datamined this game for years and NEVER has any of that been true. The only "Orakio" in PSO2 is the series of costumes from way back in Episode 2.

The Vita opening highlighted a Musk Cat for the 25th anniversary, not a Rappy which had since become the mascot of the series. Vita support ends whenever "Not Episode 7" starts.
    Again, just seeing a connection where you WANT to see one, when there's literally none.

The Etoile class is unique in that players using that class and damage balancer are unable to heal via self heals from weapons, regeneration or techniques, and instead can only heal via the Etoile's abilities and mates. This is very similar to how Androids in Algol operate in that they can't be hit by techniques for healing and instead have to rely on Repair Kits or a recovery ability. (For the sake of gameplay Sega probably made a decision to allow healing via mates by all charactesr rather than requiring repair kits be used by casts.)
    It's just a gameplay mechanic, dude. Seriously.

(We'll never know this for certain, the Earth adventure was supposed to span 3 episodes but because Hitsugi's VO had to leave that was put on hold. Regardless this triggers the "Earthmen" portion of the timeline)
    This in particular, is utter bullshit. I own the Episode 4 and Episode 5 materials book, they do not state any of that anywhere in it and you especially do not scrap a whole set of episodes because one voice actor got sick for a certain amount of time.

Do you even know what the materials book say about Alis, Lutz and Varuna (Lashiec)? That they're named after the characters from the classic series just in reference for the series anniversary, and the book EXPLICITELY STATES that there is 0 (ZERO) connection to the original games. Stop being delusional about this game's story, I've seen you parrot this crap in a bunch of places and I'm tired of that misinformation going around.

PSO2 being a prequel to the classic series would honestly be an insult to the original games, I don't know why anyone would want that.

Quote Originally Posted by Akia View Post
    The only "Orakio" in PSO2 is the series of costumes from way back in Episode 2.
    Not only the costumes. Upon completing all Alis' COs, she lets you choose 1 question:
    "Who are you, Alis?" & "Who is your client for the surveys?" If you choose the second question, she'll mention about Orakio Kingdom (scroll down to spoiler tab for full dialogue).

Quote Originally Posted by Akia View Post
    PSO2 being a prequel to the classic series would honestly be an insult to the original games, I don't know why anyone would want that.
    For me, I don't think it's an insult. The classic series had a lot of gaps and open-ended endings, there are rooms to know and connect things.

Since this is sci-fi and Akashic Records was known, interference between worlds can be expected.
    Last edited by LinkEP; Jun 14, 2020 at 09:08 AM.

The only thing I want is for them to elaborate on this "Vessel of the World" crap. It keeps getting mentioned in passing but it's obviously a super important thing since it relates to Shiva and probably Xion.

Overmind voice:awaken my child , so you , a Dark falz must obey my will

Just finished the Final Chapter. Way better than the previous ones at absolutely all levels (but it's only personal opinion of course).
    The only thing that saddens me is that, as some people had forseen it, this is really the true end of the game (or at least of the story). One question though : Did the player become the Akashic Record ?
    And by the way, let's all hail the Primordial Darkness - Sodam :

Spoiler!

Congratulations, SEGA. You managed to make me cry. Oh, and FINALLY :

Spoiler!

After trying to beat Shiva on Hard for the last two hours, how in the world does one dodge the time stop one shot move?
    I can't for the life of me get past it, the rest of the mechanics i can deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiga34 View Post
    After trying to beat Shiva on Hard for the last two hours, how in the world does one dodge the time stop one shot move?
    I can't for the life of me get past it, the rest of the mechanics i can deal with.
    She summons a barrier beforehand. Once she does the barrier, dont attack her until its gone. Hitting her while the barrier is up makes her counter with the Time Stopping Swords.
    Last edited by NightmareDust; Aug 5, 2020 at 06:59 AM.

Like NightmareDust said, don't attack her while the barrier is up. You'll know she's going to do it because her weapons will buzz around her with red trails beforehand, so you have plenty of time to notice and stop.

EDIT: Also, I think I know what the divide quest update is going to involve.