Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default The Third Succesor Class

Since a few days ago, I've thinking about how Sega will introduce the third succesor class in December.

Since Sega wants to make the main concept of the game to "allow you to play with your favorite weapon and class", it seems to me that the third successor class will be focused on making this concept a reality.

We already have a Hero and a Villain Phantom. The most logical thing for me is that the third class is called the Judge. This will be the class that will impose justice for all.

The main characteristics of the Judge will be:

• This class can only be used as a main class; and
    • it will be able to use any standard class as a subclass.

This last point is fundamental for the Judge; you will see why in a moment.

In relation to the native weapons of the Judge. Their native weapons will be: none.

That's right, not even a gunslash. This does not mean that the Judge will not have weapons. Which brings me to its skills.

Now, I do not know what skills Sega would put into Judge to make this class the ultimate class, but I know it will have at least these three skills:

• The Jury: allows the Judge to use the 'Main Class only' skills of his subclass as if they were his own. For example, if we had a Judge / Hunter, and if the Hunter had the Absorption skill developed, the Judge will be able to use this same ability.
    • The Executor: allows the Judge to use the native weapons of his subclass as if they were his own. For example, A Judge/Hunter will be able to use Sword, Partizan, Wired Lances and Gunslashes; a Judge/Ranger will be able to use Assault Rifles, Launchers and Gunslashes; and so on.
    • Judge Mag: Convert the total sum of your mag's ATK and DEX parameters into S-ATK, R-ATK, T-ATK and DEX.
      S-ATK Conversion rate: 100%;
      R-ATK Conversion rate: 100%;
      T-ATK Conversion rate: 100%;
      DEX Conversion rate: 100%

As for the remaining skills, these will be focused on making the subclass work in a smooth and improved way. The goal will be that the Judge/class combo must be equal to or better than the class/subclass combo that we have at the moment.

All this will bring benefits to Sega. The main benefits in my opinion will be:

• No new weapons. That's a given.
    • No new mechanics for old weapons, only enhancements and tweaks (maybe).
    • Remember that class you didn't touch because you didn't have the mag for it? Now you will be able to develop that class to your heart's content.
    • And with this, Sega will be able to say that they delivered: "play with your favorite weapon and class".

In any case, I just wanted to get this out of my mind, because it has been there fluttering for a long time. And if Sega decides to follow another route to present to the third Successor Class, then it will be a pleasant surprise. I would like to see it.

Cheers.

so essentially every class but twice as strong? I like the name but i dont see them doing this. It's honestly a great concept but I feel they'll need to do a lot more to it to make people impressed enough to play it.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Wouldn't the name that better fit be Vanguard?
    I mean the "be all end all" class in PSP2/PSP2i was the Vanguard.

If I could make the class like a RAmarl (Rifles, Spread/Launcher, Mechs, Some Techs, some Melee weps), I would be super happy if they ever do something like this.

Yeah I don't think the class would work that well.

Its only 6+months early but place your bets on the weapons it will use (assuming the 1 of each attack type "rule" we got this far)
    will it be dual sabers so it can join the cool club of main protagonist weapons along with sword/katana?
    will they repurpose jet boots for it so it can become fuel for triggering katori during cutscenes?
    will they somehow give tact to it so pietro can have more furiendos?
    only you can figure it out

memes aside knuckles/jb+whatever here or i bring out the pitchforks

Sega releasing new successor class without groping everyone's AC for new mag? Yeah nah.

Introducing: Compound Mag (or whatever it's called as long as it's not obtainable without making new character or spending on AC shop).
    gotta keep business stay rollin'

Knux, Launcher and Wands to run with a "heavy hitting" theme

Quote Originally Posted by quickasker View Post
    Sega releasing new successor class without groping everyone's AC for new mag? Yeah nah.

Introducing: Compound Mag (or whatever it's called as long as it's not obtainable without making new character or spending on AC shop).
    gotta keep business stay rollin'
    You're not meant to use all 3 weapons as a phantom btw. not having Dex mag on PH is completely fine.

Jet boots and Bow: Shoot arrows while dancing in the air thank you

Quote Originally Posted by quickasker View Post
    Imagine if the next Mag skill did this: Adds up all the DEF values of your mag and adds them to S-ATK, R-ATK, T-ATK and DEX.

Quote Originally Posted by XrosBlader821 View Post
    Knux, Launcher and Wands to run with a "heavy hitting" theme

You're not meant to use all 3 weapons as a phantom btw. not having Dex mag on PH is completely fine.
    What makes you say that?
    Le Temps Detruit Tout
    Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    I am literally not dealing with this.