Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Phantom vs Hero

with the hype wearing down, me personally i think i prefer hero. Ph is fun, and quite powerful if played right, but at the end is not my style, hr possesing everything i always liked of other classes that i tried to play in a single one (massive swords, the masive mobility from bouncers, range attacks and a finisher to rival that of compound techs) So atleast with katana i dont feel at easy, its 2 main damaging PAs having limited movement when im used to being able to move as i want.

i might give rod a shot though when i get a good enought t-atk gear. I always liked the concept of a sword mage style of fighting and rod ph from what i can see its the sword mage that techer should have been since the beginning
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic76748_3.gif

I'm having a ton of fun with Ph and its more technical style, but Hero definitely feels more consistent overall.

Also Spread Needle is a blast with Ph, holy shit.

Ph is fun for me and cool and flashy

But at the end of the day, Hr is easier to use with faster and wider normal attacks

I agree with y'all. Ph is fun but I think Hr is still where it's at for me. I think Sega played it safe with Ph, so here's hoping they'll improve it in the near future.

Hr covers more bases in fewer attacks and is quite a bit more... abusable.

But I'll stick with phantom for the depth, and skills that seems like QoL I always wanted on Hr (holding 2 charges of phantom time with no recast timer, mark detonation mechanic, and most of all no losing 1/3rd of your damage for being blindsided)

if Sega updates Phantom by allowing them to have more liberty of movement on its PAs, then most probably ill give them another try, but thats currently the thing that pulls me away from the class, how most of the PAs either lock you in place or limit movement to a single direction while hero always has (on all its most used PAs atleast) free reign of movement during its attacks
    http://www.pso-world.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic76748_3.gif

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Batty View Post
    if Sega updates Phantom by allowing them to have more liberty of movement on its PAs, then most probably ill give them another try, but thats currently the thing that pulls me away from the class, how most of the PAs either lock you in place or limit movement to a single direction while hero always has (on all its most used PAs atleast) free reign of movement during its attacks
    My "main" main is Gunner and I would even say while Gunner at times normal attacks and some PAs could lock you in place or limit your movement to a single direction as well (and stop you from dodging like Phantom) at least S-Roll allows me to cancel out of something quite easily and move.
    I don't feel like I have that freedom on Phantom and feel like I'm fighting with the class to do what I want it to do.

It's because of that why I ran back to playing on Gunner and Hero (and a bit of Force as that's my other "main" main).

Quote Originally Posted by Batty View Post
    Yeah, this is the big one for me. Hero has that fluidity that had me move on from other classes, namely Gunner (and even then you can cancel out of pretty much everything like Ayumi mentioned). Especially with using Rifle, it's really jarring how most PAs lock you in an animation. Nachtangriff and its shifted variant after you shoot are prime examples. That, and I feel that some PAs could use a small bump in damage or maybe make blue markers do more damage.

Right, I think the issue was that sega was terrified of making Phantom another case like early EP5 Hero where it did more damage than everyone else. But the reason why that was bad imo was because of how easy it was to achieve that "above everything else" damage with hero.

I feel like if Phantom was slightly higher damage than other classes average it'd be fine since the amount of effort required into optimizing Phantom feels much greater than most other classes, ideally this would probably be achieved with excellent Mark/Phantom Time management, Similar to how Gunner optimization revolves around Chain Trigger Management (I assume from what I've seen, I haven't personally played Gunner.)
    Last edited by Flatflyer; Apr 29, 2019 at 12:19 AM.

Phantom is interesting, but if Hero couldn't push me off of my preferred classes (Gunner and Fighter), Phantom certainly isn't going to.

It's fun to mess around with as an alt class, though.
    Ship 2:
    Katarin: GUmarl. Lethal precision with a whimsical streak
    "Save the day and look good doing it. That's what this job is all about!"

Alessandra: FInewearl. A hyperkinetic, photon-fueled mayhem machine.
    "Oho! I actually felt that! You must be pretty strong!."