Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Phantom vs Hero

As far as learning curves go, rifle and rod are kinda tied for simplest. That katana will take some getting used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Priest View Post
    You mean just casting techs from the rod? i don't expect them to be as strong as force techs but i assume you mean a combo of tech casting and rods PAs.
    ph main class wp mastery multiplier alone is around fote multiplier (~270% - swiki). foph is a hug buff for lighting & fire over fote in numbers. ph just has worser kit if you don't play right (compound dmg + pprec)

let talk about charge time reduction. the 50% charge time reduced in short will double your dps (unless ur techs take so long time to use). 70% * 2 = 140% dps or 40% gains with same dpp. with good training you can take at least 20% out of that 40%. no doubt!
    does all of those numbers can out dmg compound techs? idk i don't fo

but the main problem comes from dpp is same as fo when fo has tons of pprec kits when ph can't even recover pp when charging. then how?
    1. playstyle: norm atks are 'not-enough'. dodging is not reliable. i think the best way is using low thorn (3p at max) then taking adv of shift detonations to recover pp. you will need multihit techs to fasten the process. that is why ppl go for ilgrant + ramegid + shift voelkermord. they even do ilgrant for all elements cuz multiplier is good
    2. gearing: recovering more pp (radiant strikes, cursed rads...) and making pp more valuable (photon reductions) will relax ur rotations. with 3 photon reductions you will have total 60% pp reduction or 20% lower dpp than fo. 17pp tech will be 7-8pp (i'm with 2 photons and it's 9pp). remember spamming them make you invisible for over half of time so GU-cheesed gangs
    Last edited by Mr3chi; Apr 26, 2019 at 07:20 AM.

Rod phantom vs Masquerade on random low depth as I'm still a returning player (21). Hit level 80 and just walked in.

Despite being super unoptimized and having a fair number of mistakes, still get a 2:04 clear, which is way faster than I'm able to do on summoner. Phantom seems plastic (with a billion iframes) but capable of high damage for little effort. Maybe it's just cause I've never played Hero, but "successor" classes seem like they just get handed lots of damage for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    Rod phantom vs Masquerade on random low depth as I'm still a returning player (21). Hit level 80 and just walked in.

Despite being super unoptimized and having a fair number of mistakes, still get a 2:04 clear, which is way faster than I'm able to do on summoner. Phantom seems plastic (with a billion iframes) but capable of high damage for little effort. Maybe it's just cause I've never played Hero, but "successor" classes seem like they just get handed lots of damage for free.
    I don't know what weapon you used, but be careful with Masquerade because 15s weapon have a huge dmg bonus here (i don't remember the exact number but it's still very high at depth 20)
    "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee."
    - Godot, Ace Attorney 3

Quote Originally Posted by Reilet View Post
    The real comparison of hero vs phantom is literally this:

Do you like swords or ilgrants more? Sword? Go to hero. Ilgrants? Go to phantom.

You also can’t really say that rod phantom is good... if the thing that makes it good is techs and ilgrants.
    No, if you like swords, use hunter or hero, if you like illgrants, use force,

If you like to play in a less braindead way and use the tools you have, then you properly use hero or phantom.

I would really hope people aren't dumb enough to already be using phantom like that " just use this one thing only, ignore all else"

Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post

you're using a 15* that gives roughly double damage that that depth, so of course it's faster.

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Priest View Post
    No, if you like swords, use hunter or hero, if you like illgrants, use force,

If you like to play in a less braindead way and use the tools you have, then you properly use hero or phantom.

I would really hope people aren't dumb enough to already be using phantom like that " just use this one thing only, ignore all else"
    That's one thing I usually found puzzling when I hear people talk about Hero in general.
    Think it's mainly just sword with either spamming Rising Slash or just using the Vapor Bullet without realizing the Mechs and Cards also come in handy in situations (And on Sword if you're not using Brightness End at all then you're playing wrong).

Quote Originally Posted by milranduil View Post
    you're using a 15* that gives roughly double damage that that depth, so of course it's faster.
    This is true compared to even a 14 star pet, but considering this is only day 1/2/3, there's going to be a lot more optimization done. Also missing ten levels.
    Last edited by Crevox; Apr 26, 2019 at 03:48 PM.

Phantom is gey

Quote Originally Posted by SlN View Post
    Phantom is gey
    you the big
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers