Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Phantom vs Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Flatflyer View Post
    I feel like if Phantom was slightly higher damage than other classes average it'd be fine since the amount of effort required into optimizing Phantom feels much greater than most other classes, ideally this would probably be achieved with excellent Mark/Phantom Time management
    Maybe I'm just missing something, but I don't find phantom difficult to play at all, even compared to hero. Marks and phantom time are both super straightforward, you pop marks as soon as they max and you use phantom time whenever you're sure you'll have good uptime. The PAs are all super straightforward too since there aren't any bonus mechanics on them; it isn't like fighter or hero where you have reasons to combo different PAs, it isn't like ranger where there are a bunch of conditional damage boosts, it isn't like fighter and braver where there are stances, it isn't like force and bouncer where element matching matters, etc., you always just use whatever does the most damage. Katana takes some getting used to because of quick cut, but rifle is better than katana anyway because of its headshot bonus and only uses two PAs.

Though I do agree it needs a bit of a buff.

The best way to compare these two: run Deus/Mother trig and Phanatical Phantoms with different weapons on them...
    I can't do so now 'cause I don't have LV90 PH yet.

So I guess as the hype wears down, I decided to stick with Phantom for a while and use Hero sometimes mostly for routines.
    Mostly just a preference reason, like I've ever wanted a battle mage from Techer wand, and with this class came up, it's like a blessing. A true battle mage. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwalker View Post
    Phantom is interesting, but if Hero couldn't push me off of my preferred classes (Gunner and Fighter), Phantom certainly isn't going to.

It's fun to mess around with as an alt class, though.
    So, I'm quoting myself because I may have to go back on what I said. The more I play with Phantom Katana, the more I like it. It's fun. It's flashy, It has much better variety than Hero Sword does because of the shift PA's and Quick Cut. And while I will never stop loving Fighter, it is really nice to be able to melee and NOT worry about stances/positioning/TAJA all the time. Also, Tech Short Charge/Tech Sprint Charge/Tech Stealth Charge mean that using Resta to heal in combat is not only viable, in most cases it's safer/quicker than using a mate. Those two abilities also make having to rebuff my Shifta and Deband is much less annoying, though I'm still tempted to use an Adrenaline ring.

It's... Phantom Katana is kind of what I hoped DB Bouncer would be. I think I may end up playing this a whole lot.

I am not so fond of Rifle, but I don't seem to really need it. I do like Rod, though I've only scratched the surface of it because I feel like I haven't mastered katana yet. Getting a 14* rod drop last night may motivate me to dig into it more, though.
    Last edited by Stormwalker; Apr 30, 2019 at 12:18 PM.
    Ship 2:
    Katarin: GUmarl. Lethal precision with a whimsical streak
    "Save the day and look good doing it. That's what this job is all about!"

Alessandra: FInewearl. A hyperkinetic, photon-fueled mayhem machine.
    "Oho! I actually felt that! You must be pretty strong!."

I'm a big fan of Hr and it easily became my favorite class, for most of ep 5 I played nothing else.
    Ph so far is quite fun but not nearly as good as hr and tbh it's kinda different from the awesomeness I expected.
    Still is quite fun but it isn't nearly as streamlined as hr, it feels very floaty and inaccurate and also kind of slow, I was expecting it to be faster and smoother.
    I'm only lvl 66 so I hope I'll enjoy it more when I get better at it and reach lvl 90.

Quote Originally Posted by mother clusterfck View Post
    I'm a big fan of Hr and it easily became my favorite class, for most of ep 5 I played nothing else.
    Ph so far is quite fun but not nearly as good as hr and tbh it's kinda different from the awesomeness I expected.
    Still is quite fun but it isn't nearly as streamlined as hr, it feels very floaty and inaccurate and also kind of slow, I was expecting it to be faster and smoother.
    I'm only lvl 66 so I hope I'll enjoy it more when I get better at it and reach lvl 90.
    Ghosts do float, so Ph is supposed to as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerotakerZX View Post
    Ghosts do float, so Ph is supposed to as well.
    Ph should look transparent like ghost or mist more than energy ball while charging tech

Quote Originally Posted by oratank View Post
    Ph should look transparent like ghost or mist more than energy ball while charging tech
    Maybe their nature is similar to ball lighting. It's just as poorly researched at this point.

Phantom katana seems underwhelming compared to rod + techs which just seems better and faster.

That being the case, I think I'll convert my katana into sword and have Hero do 'melee' duty. Hero's sword PAs generally function better to me. Just wish there was more skills to counteract the cancer that is hero boost so getting hit doesn't give me an experience of instant apathy
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; May 1, 2019 at 12:36 PM.

Definitively i LOVE the Katana! I guess as a Fi main it's not a surprise because the PAs really look like the Twin Dagger one :

Schmetterling = Symphonic Drive
    Folter Zeit = Orchestra
    Wolkenkratzer = Fall Nocturne

But Ph Katana bring everything Twin Dagger would need to become great everywhere, and not only on boss : mobility, AOE, high pp regen with quick cut.
    Now i want a "L/Katana Air Chase" ring!
    "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee."
    - Godot, Ace Attorney 3