Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Phantom vs Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    I agree on that, it's not that other classes were unable to run content efficiently. The issue with Hero was mostly a community one, rather than class design one. Hero was simply slightly better for the average user at Buster Quests. And in a video game sligtly better means meta, and when something is meta then everything else suddenly becomes "unviable".
    Maybe you missed the very beginning of Ep 5, before the speed buff of every classes. Hero was just too fast and versatile, old classes couldn't compete. And not just in BQ, literally everywhere.
    "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee."
    - Godot, Ace Attorney 3

Quote Originally Posted by TheFanaticViper View Post
    Maybe you missed the very beginning of Ep 5, before the speed buff of every classes. Hero was just too fast and versatile, old classes couldn't compete. And not just in BQ, literally everywhere.
    Yup it happened then and after the buff the dust settled until recently when Phantom came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    I agree on that, it's not that other classes were unable to run content efficiently. The issue with Hero was mostly a community one, rather than class design one. Hero was simply slightly better for the average user at Buster Quests. And in a video game sligtly better means meta, and when something is meta then everything else suddenly becomes "unviable".
    Yeah, this is just echoing what others have said, but Hero was not slightly better when it was first released. Hero was a lot better. Not so much because of DPS, but because of mobility and time-on-target. Hero was just far more mobile than other classes when it was released, and on top of that the new content (i.e. BQ) demanded that degree of mobility to be successful... and even in the old content, having that degree of mobility gave Hero a major advantage.

I don't see anything in Phantom that completely blows away the existing classes the way Hero did when it was first released. Not that I have mastered the class or anything, but you didn't need to master Hero to see that it was better than everything else when it first came out.
    Ship 2:
    Katarin: GUmarl. Lethal precision with a whimsical streak
    "Save the day and look good doing it. That's what this job is all about!"

Alessandra: FInewearl. A hyperkinetic, photon-fueled mayhem machine.
    "Oho! I actually felt that! You must be pretty strong!."

I feel like reviving this thread. It has been a year since phantom came out.

Quote Originally Posted by fullmetal24 View Post
    I feel like reviving this thread. It has been a year since phantom came out.
    since you didnt ask anything

Phantom destroys Hero, there, you can let the thread die off again
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post

In this day and age you need to make a tier list for the views. ;3

Quote Originally Posted by otakun View Post
    In this day and age you need to make a tier list for the views. ;3
    I would but i think youve seen how people get with the tier lists. As far as im aware atm Gunner and Phantom are top 2, Hunter and im not sure about the rest, i havent looked into it for awhile now (rather the research)
    PSO2 NGS
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post

How so?

More versatile, damage is not tied to a conditional that you completely lose if you get hit too hard, but instead to very simple and straightforward multipliers that you don't need to be mindful of in actual gameplay (you just need to make a proper crit build with a DEX mag and enough PP on your gear for phantom to be ready to go).

I wouldn't say Phantom "destroys" Hero though, but basically Phantom's performance is strong and reliable while Hero's performance is potentially as strong but requires very clean play, and said performance varies depending on situation (Hero has very average/mediocre mobbing capabilities overall while Phantom is strong on both mobbing and bossing scenarios)

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrion View Post
    More versatile, damage is not tied to a conditional that you completely lose if you get hit too hard, but instead to very simple and straightforward multipliers that you don't need to be mindful of in actual gameplay (you just need to make a proper crit build with a DEX mag and enough PP on your gear for phantom to be ready to go).

I wouldn't say Phantom "destroys" Hero though, but basically Phantom's performance is strong and reliable while Hero's performance is potentially as strong but requires very clean play, and said performance varies depending on situation (Hero has very average/mediocre mobbing capabilities overall while Phantom is strong on both mobbing and bossing scenarios)
    with all the buffs that happened with Hero, it's gotten better but Phantom still tops it in almost every aspect.
    PSO2 NGS