Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: Phantom vs Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Priest View Post
    No, if you like swords, use hunter or hero, if you like illgrants, use force,

If you like to play in a less braindead way and use the tools you have, then you properly use hero or phantom.

I would really hope people aren't dumb enough to already be using phantom like that " just use this one thing only, ignore all else"
    The only problem I have with this claim is the phantom mag skill, which converts dex into stats rather than working between stats like Hr's does.
    200RAtk does not look like a big deal, except it is because without the stats from the mag, I don't meet my stat requirement to use my 15* Rifle, which means that unless Rifle PAs are significantly stronger than Rods, using even techs in suboptimal situations would probably do as much as rifle PAs would do in optimal situations (just off of the better weapon)
    Of course, unless the counter argument is to just get a dex mag and use every weapon in their optimal situations, but that's not an investment I would make for a class I'm sure if I will main yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    This is true compared to even a 14 star pet, but considering this is only day 1/2/3, there's going to be a lot more optimization done. Also missing ten levels.
    No, you quite literally get a double damage bonus when using 15* weapon. It has nothing to do with optimization, a 15* weapon just does 200% or so more damage in this specific quest early on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugs View Post
    No, you quite literally get a double damage bonus when using 15* weapon. It has nothing to do with optimization, a 15* weapon just does 200% or so more damage in this specific quest early on.
    I'm aware of the 15 star bonus on Masquerade. My statement stands.

Even if I was doing half damage, it would still be around 4 minutes, which is still close to my Summoner, on a class 10 levels lower completely unoptimized in gameplay, gear, skills, discs, and all other setup, 1-3 days after the class was just released.

Yeah, that's pretty good.
    Last edited by Crevox; Apr 26, 2019 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by escarlata View Post
    The only problem I have with this claim is the phantom mag skill, which converts dex into stats rather than working between stats like Hr's does.
    200RAtk does not look like a big deal, except it is because without the stats from the mag, I don't meet my stat requirement to use my 15* Rifle, which means that unless Rifle PAs are significantly stronger than Rods, using even techs in suboptimal situations would probably do as much as rifle PAs would do in optimal situations (just off of the better weapon)
    Of course, unless the counter argument is to just get a dex mag and use every weapon in their optimal situations, but that's not an investment I would make for a class I'm sure if I will main yet.
    Ph is also a good sub, and ph's mag skill work as sub, so might be a good investment in general

Quote Originally Posted by escarlata View Post
    Yep glad i have dex mag, since was trying to build hybrid Br.
    Ph AR is good so far for clearing mobs seasonal EQ like current one.
    “Even If you’ve only got a 1% chance of winning, but you convince yourself you’re gonna lose, that 1% becomes 0%.” – Lina Inverse

Nah, then more I play Phantom main then less I like it...

Indeed it have a crazy dps sometimes but it's very clumsy, not comfortable, low melee reach, have no inshurance skill.

The only weapon I can play about properly is a rifle. Katana's just brainless button mashing and Rod is less played, 'cause as I tought it's focused on Tech casting which I'm not good in. So I'll play Hero for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    That's like saying rod force isn't good because what makes it good is techs.

What makes rod good on force is being a stat stick for compounds and PFSC. Why did you think talis was better before PFSC. Wand, hero talis, and JetBoots can also use techs somewhat viably, but it’s not what makes them good. Even Bow had a point in time where techs made it better.

Even if I was doing half damage, it would still be around 4 minutes, which is still close to my Summoner, on a class 10 levels lower completely unoptimized in gameplay, gear, skills, discs, and all other setup, 1-3 days after the class was just released.

not even remotely close to true when his current hp in the 700's is 31m+ (counting the clones but still yikes)

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Falco View Post
    not even remotely close to true when his current hp in the 700's is 31m+ (counting the clones but still yikes)
    What does this have to do with our discussion?

this to me sounds like your su runs are not well optimized then if it takes 4min at depth20 with su. maron/synchro destroy him