Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Phantom vs Hero

what is it exactly that you think phantom does better here in UH?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post

-=EDIT=-
    That's what I believe happened with EP5 and Hero; they created Buster Quests which were intended to be used for the entire Episode, and then they saw that classes may struggle with going left and right swiftly enough; so they made Hero have relative easiness to that.
    Ok refresh your memory on the old TD 1-4 days, this is almost no different and nearly the same strats could be applied to each tower. Yes Hero had an easier time doing things but it didnt mean a majority of the classes struggled either to run Buster Quest even with speed travel alternatives
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

From what I understand their original plan was to balance all future content around what were at the time going to be known as advanced classes, and leave the old classes in the dust, mainly in regards to mobility, versatility, and flow. Hero was, at the time, the first and only advanced class, making everything feel like it was based around hero specifically. People didn't like this direction, and sega decided to go back and re-balance the old classes in response to the backlash.

Chances are, even if phantom is meant to better at current and upcoming content, it's not by much, and most of the things phantom is good at other classes can do too, in some cases better. It's more likely that content is simply being designed how they always intended to. If content was going to be based around advanced/successor classes, but all the other classes were brought up to snuff before they even had the chance to establish that long term, it's unlikely Ep 6 content is based around a specific class.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    Chances are, even if phantom is meant to better at current and upcoming content, it's not by much, and most of the things phantom is good at other classes can do too, in some cases better. It's more likely that content is simply being designed how they always intended to. If content was going to be based around advanced/successor classes, but all the other classes were brought up to snuff before they even had the chance to establish that long term, it's unlikely Ep 6 content is based around a specific class.
    pretty much what i wanted to convey but did it poorly
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    Ok refresh your memory on the old TD 1-4 days, this is almost no different and nearly the same strats could be applied to each tower. Yes Hero had an easier time doing things but it didnt mean a majority of the classes struggled either to run Buster Quest even with speed travel alternatives
    I agree on that, it's not that other classes were unable to run content efficiently. The issue with Hero was mostly a community one, rather than class design one. Hero was simply slightly better for the average user at Buster Quests. And in a video game sligtly better means meta, and when something is meta then everything else suddenly becomes "unviable".

I agree on that, it's not that other classes were unable to run content efficiently. The issue with Hero was mostly a community one, rather than class design one. Hero was simply slightly better for the average user at Buster Quests. And in a video game sligtly better means meta, and when something is meta then everything else suddenly becomes "unviable".
    i think you forget how much better hero was compared to nearly all classes before they buffed everything else.

The issue with Hero was mostly a community one, rather than class design one. Hero was simply slightly better for the average user at Buster Quests.
    I think to sum up the power balance in episode 5 was more or less like this:

So no it's not community one. When people said "Hero Star Online 2" back then it was literally all about Hero in terms of its design compare to other classes.

It’s Gunner Star Online 2 instead. omegalul

Quote Originally Posted by Reilet View Post
    Let's just say it's Phashion Star Online 2, like it always has ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilet View Post
    https://youtu.be/UFhfdXdW5jU?t=354 yep