Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415

Thread: Phantom vs Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    I agree on that, it's not that other classes were unable to run content efficiently. The issue with Hero was mostly a community one, rather than class design one. Hero was simply slightly better for the average user at Buster Quests. And in a video game sligtly better means meta, and when something is meta then everything else suddenly becomes "unviable".
    Maybe you missed the very beginning of Ep 5, before the speed buff of every classes. Hero was just too fast and versatile, old classes couldn't compete. And not just in BQ, literally everywhere.
    "Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee."
    - Godot, Ace Attorney 3

Quote Originally Posted by TheFanaticViper View Post
    Maybe you missed the very beginning of Ep 5, before the speed buff of every classes. Hero was just too fast and versatile, old classes couldn't compete. And not just in BQ, literally everywhere.
    Yup it happened then and after the buff the dust settled until recently when Phantom came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    I agree on that, it's not that other classes were unable to run content efficiently. The issue with Hero was mostly a community one, rather than class design one. Hero was simply slightly better for the average user at Buster Quests. And in a video game sligtly better means meta, and when something is meta then everything else suddenly becomes "unviable".
    Yeah, this is just echoing what others have said, but Hero was not slightly better when it was first released. Hero was a lot better. Not so much because of DPS, but because of mobility and time-on-target. Hero was just far more mobile than other classes when it was released, and on top of that the new content (i.e. BQ) demanded that degree of mobility to be successful... and even in the old content, having that degree of mobility gave Hero a major advantage.

I don't see anything in Phantom that completely blows away the existing classes the way Hero did when it was first released. Not that I have mastered the class or anything, but you didn't need to master Hero to see that it was better than everything else when it first came out.
    Ship 2:
    Katarin: GUmarl. Lethal precision with a whimsical streak
    "Save the day and look good doing it. That's what this job is all about!"

Alessandra: FInewearl. A hyperkinetic, photon-fueled mayhem machine.
    "Oho! I actually felt that! You must be pretty strong!."