Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Phantom vs Hero

The real comparison of hero vs phantom is literally this:

Do you like swords or ilgrants more? Sword? Go to hero. Ilgrants? Go to phantom.

You also can’t really say that rod phantom is good... if the thing that makes it good is techs and ilgrants.

I use swords 24/7, and I prefer Phantom over Hero.

Hero is a solid class, but Phantom is way more fun to play with.

Sad to see that almost everyone is using Rod exclusively.
    Do you have ANY bug in PSO2? Are you creating yet another thread about how you can't take screenshots, your game crashes, or textures are missing AGAIN? Do you NOT search the forum before asking? Then the L.A.W. FIX is for YOU!

It's EASY! Just go: Tweaker -> [!] button -> Other tasks -> Enable Large Address Aware, and you're DONE! Just remember to do it EVERY UPDATE!

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

On Phantom the only weapon I was having fun with was the Rifle, but I've always been more of a RAmarl.
    Then again I really like the Twins+Sword on Hero (excluding using the Cards just for Hero Time+Finish).

Not shocked that for me the weakest link within Phantom has to be Katana.

Quote Originally Posted by [Ayumi] View Post
    On Phantom the only weapon I was having fun with was the Rifle, but I've always been more of a RAmarl.
    Then again I really like the Twins+Sword on Hero (excluding using the Cards just for Hero Time+Finish).

Not shocked that for me the weakest link within Phantom has to be Katana.
    Katana is not as bad as you think it is
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Shoterxx View Post
    Yeah, I hope not. Katana is actually good. It's just probably the hardest to control among the other weapons as it isn't straightforward.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoterxx View Post
    I use swords 24/7, and I prefer Phantom over Hero.

Hero is a solid class, but Phantom is way more fun to play with.

uhh.. You must not be looking very hard, i know nearly 90% of the phantoms i'v seen are using rifle the most, followed by katana, rod seems to be very rare. i my self try to balance all 3, and even though i disliked rifle, it's starting to grow on me, but i slightly favor katana, and rod mainly for large groups. though it does not seem to do as much damage to high levels. maybe i haven't seen all of it.

from i saw tech rod is the most powerful of all 3 type katana kinda have slower dps than rifle

Quote Originally Posted by oratank View Post
    from i saw tech rod is the most powerful of all 3 type katana kinda have slower dps than rifle
    You mean just casting techs from the rod? i don't expect them to be as strong as force techs but i assume you mean a combo of tech casting and rods PAs.

Playing around more with Phantom, I can see the appeal of all 3 weapons. It's really just finding the right PAs to work with Shift Actions and PAs minus Rod where its just spam Il-Grants and occassionally put up that AoE ring to do some extra damage ( That ring does wonders for Vamp Strike ). However, bosses like Omega Masquerade and Anga will force you to not solely depend on that. I do like Katana Ph as well. It feels fun to move around with and the PAs are enjoyable but I haven't found the best setup with it. I am still learning Rifle as R atk stuff in general is stuff I just never really touched.

Honestly, Short charge techs is what makes Rod seems much more powerful. It's insane how fast you cast stuff without any stipulation like Bouncer's quick cast even with the weakened damage of techs.

Phantom is definitely a fun class. I can see some people doing some crazy stuff in the future with it. I personally enjoy it more than Hero but Hero was really fun too. Sadly I am still too attached to Bouncer to fully switch over to Phantom.
    『Founder of the Church of Bah-Rehst』

Quote Originally Posted by Reilet View Post
    The real comparison of hero vs phantom is literally this:

Do you like swords or ilgrants more? Sword? Go to hero. Ilgrants? Go to phantom.

You also can’t really say that rod phantom is good... if the thing that makes it good is techs and ilgrants.
    That's like saying rod force isn't good because what makes it good is techs.