Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Disregard for old classes

I remember back in the day, playing Ranger or Hunter was really satisfying, as we were constantly getting new Photon arts, and new gamplay abilities to train with. However, it's been more than a year since we got any really significant changes. And I'm not talking about PA buffs, or better stats. I'm talking about new game changing elements.

I say it would be really nice if we got a new weapon type for the old classes. Something that gets them on par with how dynamic Hero and Phantom feels. So here's what I had in mind.

Ranger and Gunner: Shotguns with a weapon action, and PA combinations, similar to Phantom.

Hunter: Saber and shield. (Very similar to the gameplay you get when fighting the Crimson Dragon.

Braver: Shurikens (Striking damage for mid distance fighting)

I know there are more old classes out there, but these are all the weapons that came to my mind.

Upvoted
    Spoiler!

Sweet dreams

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MightyHarken View Post
    Ranger and Gunner: Shotguns with a weapon action, and PA combinations, similar to Phantom.
    Excuse you, but they're called Spreads.

I've wanting/complaining about this for years and givin Sega LOVES to reuse everything that I think the only real way of knowing that a new weapon type could come is after Ep6 ends or toward the end of the year when the next successor class gets close to release they tease a new class again for mid 2020 or something.

-Hunter: Axes
    -Ranger: Laser Cannons (maybe the new class will turn Launchers into them)
    -Force: Ground element (it can be done)
    -Gunner: Shotguns or Crossbows (or both)
    -Fighter: Twin Claws
    -Techer: Whips
    -Braver: no idea
    -Bouncer: no idea
    -Summoner: nothing

I liked all these options in PSU, it was great having a variety of weapons to pick from and while I do like how most of the successor weapons came out to be, I'd like to see some new weapon types just in general.
    Last edited by ArcaneTechs; Apr 27, 2019 at 02:11 PM.
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kril View Post
    -Hunter: Axes
    -Ranger: Laser Cannons (maybe the new class will turn Launchers into them)
    -Force: Ground element (it can be done)
    -Gunner: Shotguns or Crossbows (or both)
    -Fighter: Twin Claws
    -Techer: Whips
    -Braver: no idea
    -Bouncer: no idea
    -Summoner: nothing
    -Braver: Needlers
    -Bouncer: Slicers

Quote Originally Posted by Zulastar View Post
    -Braver: Needlers
    -Bouncer: Slicers
    the hell are needlers? and I didnt say slicers because I was thinking of Hero but those are cards. slicers feel like they fit BR more than BO
    Cast - Gt 50, Fg 20, Gm 25
    PSO2 NGS
    Quote Originally Posted by the_importer_ View Post
    Tell you what mate, I'll decide when my topic goes into the QQ post or when it needs to be it's own thing, and you can do the same for yours. Alright, cool. Cheers

Hunters : Axes because a big class requires big weapons jabrogi
    Bravers are the weeb class so shurikens make sense
    Bouncer: maybe twin claws but twin claws make more sense for fighter.
    Quote Originally Posted by FireswordRus View Post
    But if u take mpa with a lot boses in 1 time, and if FI have war cry lv10 ,FI win
    -----------------------Flashing-----------------------------------------------Tagami--------------------------
    Spoiler!

I will never agree with adding more Weapon types unless Sega will also reduce RNG when it comes to obtaining them. It was already bad enough that when hunting Jutus I had to go through 8 Golem Swords and Takts before even getting 1 Jutus, which didn't belong to the class I was playing. I will say though that both Te and Gu need a secondary weapon that plays better into the class's strength than Talis and Rifle. Magical Whips and Spreads (i assume those are shotguns) sound like they'd work perfectly for that.

When it comes to PA i think Sega did finally get the Memo with JB and Hu Sword finally getting a new PA (or type 0 craft w/e) in summer but I'd rather see Sega improve on some of the barebones mechanics in this game. I know that Weak Bullet is supposed to be Zalure (renamed for the sake of the Weakpoint mechanic) but it'd be really nice if we got a class who's group contribution was to inflict Zalure on enemies just for the sake of having that negative status back.

Am I the only one satisfied with the state of things ? everyone got 2 to 3 weapons with tons of PAs, and more to come? If anything I'd want them to do a major PA damage/behavior for most of the less useful PAs (shoutouts to FI for not even using a third of their PAs).

We got major balance overhaul in EP5 along with new skills (more or less impactful, that I can agree with) and more to come, old classes are still changing as much as they used to, and only really stagnated in EP4 sooo...I'm calling nostalgia lenses on this one.

If any new weapons were to came out, I'd rather have those on a whole new class with their own skills and all